Football - Summer Transfers (1 Viewer)

Bahrosa-LFC

HSC
no seve

its because gerrard and torres is the premier strike force in the world atm

along with messi/etoo
Exactly. Keane came and just totally f***ed up our attack IMO. Torres doesn't really play well when he has to share the forward role. He plays best with Gerrard just behind him. I think Tevez and Torres wouldn't work, though i might be wrong.

Bahrosa-LFC

HSC
pfff
wenger doesnt buy.
he creates.

his hands are made of gold i hear.
Well, it hasn't really gotten them that far. Sure, they're future players, but what about now. I mean, they were utter shyte in today's game against Manure. They just went bust after the second goal, if not the first.

And another thing, how the f*** could they let Ronaldo, an average shit player, look world class. Aurelio killed Ronaldo when we won 4-1.

I've gotta say i feel for Gibbs though.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Exactly. Keane came and just totally f***ed up our attack IMO. Torres doesn't really play well when he has to share the forward role. He plays best with Gerrard just behind him. I think Tevez and Torres wouldn't work, though i might be wrong.
You will never get to find out. Fergie will never ever sell to his biggest rival.

Bahrosa-LFC

HSC
^^^I know, i know. Just like with Heinze (jeez, lucky we didn't sign that loon). But, even if he were to let Tevez come to LFC, he would still be playing second fiddle to El Nino.

Roy9

HSC
C Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Lionel Messi to Everton

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i don't see a great deal tevez would add that keane could not.

mind you, keane was a proven premier league goalscorer for many seasons prior to him joining scouserpool.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
fuck so many uninformed cunts in this thread

look up keane's record in the pl with spurs

then take into accoutn the fact he took penalties as well

its very average.

and seve; honestly i thought you woulda known better

utd have no say as to where tevez goes

his rights are owned by msi, and he has a set price of 32 million pounds i believe (20 million for utd cos they have already paid 12 million for his services as a loan over the last two years)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Manchester United have made an offer of about €70m (£62.5m) for the Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribéry as they close in on a deal that would shatter the world transfer record.

Sources in Munich confirmed the bid has been received for the France international, who has made his desire to leave Germany known in the past few weeks. United scouts have repeatedly watched the 26-year-old in recent Bundesliga matches and sounded out his friends and entourage in Munich.

United's remarkable offer, which comfortably eclipses the record £44m paid by Real Madrid for Zinedine Zidane in 2001, is contingent on the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Madrid this summer but the approach to Bayern has been firm enough to suggest that the Portuguese's departure is a near certainty. Although Bayern are understood to have turned down United's offer, it is considered the first serious move in a negotiation that will eventually bring the winger to Old Trafford.

Ribéry, who earns €8m a year at the Allianz Arena, the equivalent of £134,000 a week, is set to replace Ronaldo as United's highest-paid player. Due to the unfavourable exchange rate and taxation levels in Britain, the Champions League holders, who take on Arsenal in the semi-final second leg at the Emirates Stadium tonight, will have to spend closer to £145,000 a week to match his net wages at Bayern. Money, however, is not the determining factor for Ribéry. The former Marseille player, who moved to Munich in 2007 for €25m plus add-ons and is contracted to Bayern until 2011, has repeatedly turned down offers to renegotiate a contract extension on improved terms.

Finishing only 16th in the running for the 2008 Ballon d'Or after a season in which he had inspired Bayern to a domestic double – "I am disappointed, I should have deserved better," he said – and his club's 5-1 aggregate defeat by Barcelona in the quarter-finals of this year's Champions League seem to have convinced him that a move to a bigger club has become necessary.

Bayern's general manager, Uli Hoeness, who has ruled out a sale of Ribéry throughout the season, softened his stance over the weekend. He confirmed Bayern were already eyeing up Werder Bremen's Brazilian midfielder Diego, 24, as a possible replacement "in case Ribéry were to go".

Manchester City, who have included the Frenchman on a short-list of transfer targets, have been hampered by their lack of Champions League football next season and are not seriously in the running.

Barcelona recently came close to an agreement with Ribéry but negotiations halted when news of their interest was leaked to the French press by sources close to the player last week. Although Barcelona have not officially pulled out, United are now best placed to entice Ribéry abroad. Relations between Bayern and United are cordial despite displeasure at Sir Alex Ferguson's aggressive pursuit of Owen Hargreaves in the summer of 2006. The English international moved to Old Trafford for £17m in July 2007.

It is understood that Bayern have rejected Ferguson's first offer but, with the Germans no longer insisting on a prohibitive €150m valuation – "We would perhaps let him go for that," Hoeness was quoted as saying in January – negotiations between the clubs are sufficiently advanced to suggest an agreement can be reached before the player goes on holiday in June.

In an interview with the French sports paper L'Equipe last week Ribéry indicated that he would leave Bayern if his team did not qualify for next season's Champions League: "In those circumstances it would indeed be very difficult to stay, that's obvious... That's why the club has to finish at least second." Bayern are currently second in the league, three points off the leaders VfL Wolfsburg. Only Germany's top two teams are guaranteed places in the Champions League.
Interesting. I rate Ribery as a player, but he is no Ronaldo, and that price tag is ridiculous. He is a 20-25 million pound max signing. If Utd win the CL again, and Real Madrid don't win La Liga, as expected, then why would Ronaldo leave? I suspect he still might, as his ego would dictate that he single handedly could turn Real around.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i call bs on ribery story tbh

no matter how big of a cunt ferguson is, he's not stupid.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
You need to be a cunt to win titles these days though. Hence why Wenger hasn't won anything for four years. His best cunt of a player, Vieira, left four years ago. Coincidence?
haha

arsenal still have faggot cunts though

they're the pussy type though

ie; van persie, adebayor, bendtner etc

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
fuck so many uninformed cunts in this thread

look up keane's record in the pl with spurs

then take into accoutn the fact he took penalties as well

its very average.

and seve; honestly i thought you woulda known better

utd have no say as to where tevez goes

his rights are owned by msi, and he has a set price of 32 million pounds i believe (20 million for utd cos they have already paid 12 million for his services as a loan over the last two years)
yeah, all i am saying is at a shite team like spurs, keane was a good striker, and a great leader to boot.
how he could be left out of countless squads at a team like liverpool who have one recognised striker, still baffles me.

he is no fox-in-the-box, but he scored 7 goals in half a season with liverpool - that's pretty impressive for a player who was either the first to be subbed or a sub himself.

Roy9

HSC
Rumour has it that Barcelona has already agreed on a £8m transfer fee for Messi to Everton in the summer transfer window

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Rumour has it that Barcelona has already agreed on a £8m transfer fee for Messi to Everton in the summer transfer window
lol yeah.
pounds 8 million, plus:
- cahill
- arteta
- lescott
- pienaar
- fellaini
- david moyes
- goodison park

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
he has really risen to become evertons go-to man in recent months.
rate him highly even at such a tender age; would be a shame if he was to move on.

apparently, there is more where he came from too.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
hahah fucking gold seve

and yeah, probs not enough money for tevez

i'd like a backup striker- someone like negredo would be nice ~10 million pounds

sell riera OR babel and dossena...bring in michel bastos/yuri zhirkov

and i'd be happy tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)