Focusing (1 Viewer)

anyscope

HSC
I'm sure there are a plethora of these threads, but I didn't find any valuable ones on search, so...

I can't focus! It's more than half-way into year 11 now, and I just can't seem to get my head into the work. I mean, I want more than anything to be organised and to have a consistent study-life... but I just can't seem to.

Any tips, advice, insults, etc...?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Make a study plan. Ban yourself from anything distractive.

tehrobzorz

HSC
draw up a timetable like your school periods and work with that, say 30minutes of x,y,z subjects today, then 30mins of p,q,r tomorrow.. rotate across 6 days ..

thats what I would do, if i could..
*shrug*

im still not doing homework.. year 11/senior school still hasn't "hit" me yet xD

suzlee

HSC
I need something to 'hit' me.
I think what I'm subconsciously doing is actually, purposely waiting for that to happen....

I would get nudged once in a while but the effect doesn't last long =(

I'd spend sooo long writing up this to-do list, timetable and whatnots and never actually end up doing half of it... so sad :(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I need something to 'hit' me.
I think what I'm subconsciously doing is actually, purposely waiting for that to happen....

I would get nudged once in a while but the effect doesn't last long =(

I'd spend sooo long writing up this to-do list, timetable and whatnots and never actually end up doing half of it... so sad :(
*hits suzlee with 'Taming of the Shrew'* That'll get ya good.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
lol, me too. I find it very hard to focus now, but I work when someone calls me a dumbass.

Here's my tip:
- Do all your homework and assignments to the best of your ability. Get off the internet.

Here's my piece of advice:
- Try to worry more, and listen in class.

Here's my insult:
- Your ATAR is in jeopardy, you dumbshit, so get off BOS and go study. (sorries)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, me too. I find it very hard to focus now, but I work when someone calls me a dumbass.

Here's my tip:
- Do all your homework and assignments to the best of your ability. Get off the internet.

Here's my insult:
- Your ATAR is in jeopardy, you dumbshit, so get off BOS and go study. (sorries)
Ha. brilliant!

samthebear

HSC

Here's my tip:

Here's my insult:
you ruined the insult with an apology in brackets. it is now no longer effective.

lychnobity

HSC
FFS, get off your fucking ass and OPEN the fucking book. READ IT. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO LEARN THE CRAP IN THERE.

Do you WANT to fail?!

Do you WANT to be a fucking waste of human life?!

No? Really?

Don't give me that kind of crap, you pathetic excuse for a human being. You've said that before. And what exactly have you done about it? Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

At the rate you're going, you're going to end up as a centrelink-funded, alcohol-fuelled social pest, you disgusting piece of dumbshit.

You are a complete shame to humanity - make yourself useful and remove yourself from the gene pool. We don't need social parasites within the community.

Meanwhile:

Get off your ass and DO SOMETHING. Actually try being a functional human being. Please.

Stop THINKING about doing the work. Just fucking DO IT.

EDIT: post was somewhat more effective when it was all in caps

Last edited:

anyscope

HSC
FFS, get off your fucking ass and OPEN the fucking book. READ IT. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO LEARN THE CRAP IN THERE.

Do you WANT to fail?!

Do you WANT to be a fucking waste of human life?!

No? Really?

Don't give me that kind of crap, you pathetic excuse for a human being. You've said that before. And what exactly have you done about it? Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

At the rate you're going, you're going to end up as a centrelink-funded, alcohol-fuelled social pest, you disgusting piece of dumbshit.

You are a complete shame to humanity - make yourself useful and remove yourself from the gene pool. We don't need social parasites within the community.

Meanwhile:

Get off your ass and DO SOMETHING. Actually try being a functional human being. Please.

Stop THINKING about doing the work. Just fucking DO IT.

EDIT: post was somewhat more effective when it was all in caps
HOLY FUCK!

You're my hero

HSC
LOL anyscope... posting on BOS at nearly 3am isnt guna help you gain more motivation or help you do your work...
unless u had a massive surge of motivation that u felt like staying up all night to do everything u've missed this yr lol!

I'm being lazy n lost all motivation as well. With a week and a half left of school n no more assesments this term, i really cant be bothered doing any school work. like who can? my marks are failing me.

i find tutor to be more motivating than actual school itself for some reason. used to be the exacty opposite.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I'm sure there are a plethora of these threads, but I didn't find any valuable ones on search, so...

I can't focus! It's more than half-way into year 11 now, and I just can't seem to get my head into the work. I mean, I want more than anything to be organised and to have a consistent study-life... but I just can't seem to.

Any tips, advice, insults, etc...?
You suck. Suck less.

anyscope

HSC
LOL anyscope... posting on BOS at nearly 3am isnt guna help you gain more motivation or help you do your work...
unless u had a massive surge of motivation that u felt like staying up all night to do everything u've missed this yr lol!

I'm being lazy n lost all motivation as well. With a week and a half left of school n no more assesments this term, i really cant be bothered doing any school work. like who can? my marks are failing me.

i find tutor to be more motivating than actual school itself for some reason. used to be the exacty opposite.
lol, I was actually finishing off an essay for english. I know what you mean, but I'm starting to view the final weeks of the term as a chance to actually finish everything before holidays.

You suck. Suck less.
Okay, thank you for your inspiring advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)