First Car - $5k (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
jessyy said:
your probably one of those guys thats into the 20" dolces that you can get from tempe, candy apple paint and white leather with snake skin trimming. real tasteful.
are you retarded? stop generalising. i hate all of that stuff, so youre wrong anyway.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
jessyy said:
im looking at an R34 now. my bf has an R33 and his is very very nice, and im not saying that because im bias or anything, iv just been there helping him with the conversion the whole time lol.

im planning on going through a site called carizma, they have a fee of 1100 and then another two grand on top of that for compliance etc.
r34's are pretty cheap over there, i found a 4door nonturbo one for 6 grand, and its in mint condition. im getting more and more excited just thinking about it.

are you with a car club? or just a group of mates that go cruising??
They are just my friends cars. There another with a Supra and some shit. 4door nonturbo = eww.

jessyy

HSC
Riet said:
They are just my friends cars. There another with a Supra and some shit. 4door nonturbo = eww.
has to be non-turbo lol. i dont usually like 4 door cars, but theyre growing on me. =) everyone likes different cars, just have to accept that.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ew, do you want some frangipanis for your vase you fucking faggot

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
get a micraK12 for the props lololololllololol

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
jasonml said:
get a micraK12 for the props lololololllololol
Uh you can't get a K12 for that kind of money.

Maybe a K11.........................

jirwin

HSC
I bought my first car nearly a year ago. 11 months to be precise. I also had a budget of $5,000. Wanted something small, good looking - wasn't interesting it doing it up or anything. also had to be cheap on petrol. Me and my Dad searched for months at car yards and also some private sales. Dad finally found one on the internet - it was like 1.5hrs away from where we live but he went to have a look at it. as soon as he saw it he knew i would like it.

total cost was $4,000

Hyundai Excel Sprint - 98 model.
had just had $1,000 of repairs or something - i cant remember exactly.
came with 11 months rego.
however it has damage to the back bumper bar - a trolley was pushed into it at a shopping centre. and the back seat fabric is ripping. - things we could deal with.

I've only had to replace the driver's door handle for $55. (friend installed it)

about $20 a week for petrol (40min driving, 5 days a week average)

i'm happy with my car - its exactly what i wanted. havent bothered replacing the bumper bar - family friend can do it so wont cost much at all (few beers most probably).

just get what u are happy with and don't settle for second best. i saw heaps of 'ok' cars during my searching but i was never completely happy with them - until dad found my car and i got it straight away.

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
jirwin said:
I bought my first car nearly a year ago. 11 months to be precise. I also had a budget of $50. Wanted something small, good looking - wasn't interesting it doing it up or anything. also had to be cheap on petrol. Me and my Dad searched for months at car yards and also some private sales. Dad finally found one on the internet - it was like 1.5hrs away from where we live but he went to have a look at it. as soon as he saw it he knew i would like it.

total cost was $4,000

however it has damage to the back bumper bar - a trolley was pushed into it at a shopping centre. and the back seat fabric is ripping. - things we could deal with.

I've only had to replace the driver's door handle for $55. (friend installed it)

i'm happy with my car - its exactly what i wanted. havent bothered replacing the bumper bar - family friend can do it so wont cost much at all (few beers most probably).

just get what u are happy with and don't settle for second best. i saw heaps of 'ok' cars during my searching but i was never completely happy with them - until dad found my car and i got it straight away.
i guess you went really over budget then hey! haha

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
Re: First Car

jessyy said:
your joking right? women are just as capable if not better drivers. we also dont have massive ego's, and are less likely to thrash a car just to look cool in front of our mates.
The average man is generally a better driver than the average woman. Forget this feminism bullshit, men and women are extremely different and men are far better at spatial reasoning. Women are far better intellectually, neither gender is really 'better' because they each have cool abilities (ie we can do science, you can... what? cook? respond easily to anti-feminist trolling?)
That said women can be better car *owners* to buy from, at least mechanically. It's easier to spot the kind of damage they might cause (scratches blah blah blah).

Azamakumar said:
Honda's are pretty expensive for parts.
Heed this advice. I love Hondas, don't plan on driving anything else. But you need to be prepared to source second hand parts and fit them yourself because if you ever get in any minor accident the repair bill will be in the thousands for a single fender :p

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
jirwin said:
I bought my first car nearly a year ago. 11 months to be precise. I also had a budget of $5,000. Wanted something small, good looking - wasn't interesting it doing it up or anything. also had to be cheap on petrol. Me and my Dad searched for months at car yards and also some private sales. Dad finally found one on the internet - it was like 1.5hrs away from where we live but he went to have a look at it. as soon as he saw it he knew i would like it.

total cost was $4,000

Oh gosh, I totally hate Hyundai cars, mostly bogans drive them, thinking they're like so brand new.

ARE YOU A BOGAN?

michael1990

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Oh gosh, I totally hate Hyundai cars, mostly bogans drive them, thinking they're like so brand new.

ARE YOU A BOGAN?
Disagree, 10 years ago they were bad cars. Rubbish cars.

But mechanically plus looks they have come a lot further along.

iEdd

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Shouldn't you love them then? ;)

ktinn

HSC
Mitsubishi Magna ('96+) > Everything.

Lighter, better on fuel than falcodore, and with the 3.0 V6 its able to keep on their tails easily too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)