• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

First Car - $5k (1 Viewer)

jessyy

HSC
jovelar said:
im getting a skyline as my car. i thought of 200sx but i can find one without turbo or looking half decent. so skylines always look good so imm aget one in less than a month.

haha im about to sell my car and import a skyline!! iv been looking for ages for a R33 series2 nonturbo AWD with a sunroof in white for ages... do u think i can find one anywhere? no.. so thats why i have to import :)

Do not buy a car that already has modifications if you are into that. if you do, make sure they have been done professionally. check for re-inforcement bars on kits, check that they havnt had to put spacers on and minor things like that.
And do a thorough check of things like the radiator etc and most importantly request to test drive first. always try THEN buy =)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Re: First Car

mr_brightside said:
you're fail.

Don't buy an old camry. It will drink too much. Not that much, but if you have a budget of 5k I assume you don't want to put 80 - 100 bucks of fuel in a week. But he's right on the second part. Don't rice it (too much :eek:)

Make sure you get the car inspected (unless you're a mechanic). Sure you might be like "lol i no about da carz" but you'll probably miss SOMETHING.

Don't buy European. shit cars. lock and ban.

Don't buy one with stereo and mags and a sick spoiler. It's been fanged hard. I can guarantee that.

I recommend a Lancer (or Mirage, near identical parts and build, apart from the obvious). Mine rawks.
  • Uses fuck all fuel ($25 bucks a week, daily driver)
  • parts are so available it's not funny
  • its a coupe so it looks kinda kewl. Put the rear lights in myself.
  • I've only had the timing belt replaced (needed it when it was sold) and major service (about $800 bucks all up). Always started first go.
I got mine 86k, 2003, GLi w/ 15" ROH rims, driven by older drivers for $9600. pics;

Don't settle! shop around until you find something awesomely priced that you want.
Thanks, yeah im thinking of the mirage atm.
Costs are low, + they don't look terrible.
Nice lights on your car!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

shannonm said:
wont get an '03 86k for under 5k
No shit you moron. Where did I say you could?

risole91 said:
Thanks, yeah im thinking of the mirage atm.
Costs are low, + they don't look terrible.
Nice lights on your car!
Check out miragelancer.com.au

w00t mitsubishi!

Got the lights off eBay for like 100 bucks.
Pretty good considering retail is like 400 in some of the auto shops.

jovelar

HSC
jessyy said:
haha im about to sell my car and import a skyline!! iv been looking for ages for a R33 series2 nonturbo AWD with a sunroof in white for ages... do u think i can find one anywhere? no.. so thats why i have to import :)

Do not buy a car that already has modifications if you are into that. if you do, make sure they have been done professionally. check for re-inforcement bars on kits, check that they havnt had to put spacers on and minor things like that.
And do a thorough check of things like the radiator etc and most importantly request to test drive first. always try THEN buy =)
wow someone knows their skyline hehe im looking right now as i may get one bout holiday time, prolly mid holiday i hope. mums paying for the whole thing so im set hehe

Pace_T

HSC
skylines are shit. theyre like the most common shitbox out there. cops will pick on you too. oh and you'll look like a try hard faggot.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Just get any box on wheels that has a good reliability record.

So: Camry / Corolla / Hilux ;)

Manual preferred (less stuff to break).
4 Cyl preferred (less stuff to break + cheaper on petrol).
Get a diesel if you find one that works. :D

:uhhuh:

jessyy

HSC
Pace_T said:
skylines are shit. theyre like the most common shitbox out there. cops will pick on you too. oh and you'll look like a try hard faggot.
your probably one of those guys thats into the 20" dolces that you can get from tempe, candy apple paint and white leather with snake skin trimming. real tasteful.

heres some advice for you risole, no matter what everyone says at the end of the day its entirely up to you! do not listen to the fags that are saying you will look like a fag in a mirage. they are just immature and obviously have no appreciation for anything their mummy and daddy buys them.

GET YOUR MIRAGE. as long as your happy, everyone else will be happy!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

jessyy said:
get something practical and nice, dont get a car thats already done up, you will encounter many endless problems.
if you plan on having a modified car, do it yourself and do it right. you dont know what dodgy jobs others may have done to their cars. :)

i just sold my motorbike for 4k and am about to sell my car as i want to import a skyline now :)
i love imports haha
My friend has an import Skyline. Get an Australian delivered one. The imports tend to have dodgy odometers.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

Australian delivered ones cost an arm and a leg.

R32 GTR's run for more than double the import price. :/

EDIT: Not like the GTR's really matter to us, but still.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
jessyy said:
your probably one of those guys thats into the 20" dolces that you can get from tempe, candy apple paint and white leather with snake skin trimming. real tasteful.

heres some advice for you risole, no matter what everyone says at the end of the day its entirely up to you! do not listen to the fags that are saying you will look like a fag in a mirage. they are just immature and obviously have no appreciation for anything their mummy and daddy buys them.

GET YOUR MIRAGE. as long as your happy, everyone else will be happy!
I disagree about a mirage though. They are shit and headgaskets on them die. I'd go for a Corolla or Civic. The engines on those things are bullet-proof.
You sound like an awesome chick.
You should come for a cruise with us if you get a Skyline :p

Azamakumar said:
Australian delivered ones cost an arm and a leg.

R32 GTR's run for more than double the import price. :/

EDIT: Not like the GTR's really matter to us, but still.
That's because there was only 1000 of them, I figured she was talking about an R33. Mind you, R33s are gay.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Riet said:
That's because there was only 1000 of them, I figured she was talking about an R33. Mind you, R33s are gay.
They all are except r32s.

Too bad I can't fucking find a manual GTS4 or I'd be all over it.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

eh true.
i have an 00 magna v6 which i only paid 1500 for. goes pretty fuckin hard

jessyy

HSC
Riet said:
You should come for a cruise with us if you get a Skyline :p

im looking at an R34 now. my bf has an R33 and his is very very nice, and im not saying that because im bias or anything, iv just been there helping him with the conversion the whole time lol.

im planning on going through a site called carizma, they have a fee of 1100 and then another two grand on top of that for compliance etc.
r34's are pretty cheap over there, i found a 4door nonturbo one for 6 grand, and its in mint condition. im getting more and more excited just thinking about it.

are you with a car club? or just a group of mates that go cruising??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)