Finals coming up >:( (1 Viewer)

bladeys

HSC
N/A
$171 in the final acct quesiotn?
The answer you get is like $171.16 or something therefore the price they have to charge is $172 otherwise they dont actually reach the target if they charge $171

i got 175.5 i think. but you're probably right.
You may have included the cost of acquiring the new machine, but youre only supposed to include the expense for the year

halapenyo

HSC
You may have included the cost of acquiring the new machine, but youre only supposed to include the expense for the year
yeah lol i knew i must have missed something somewhere. also bladeys dayum gurl you are a very smart cookie.

Last edited:

halapenyo

HSC
so, MATH1151 study. Who here has made progress?
ugh really cbf to study for it. im going to focus a lot of study on probability distribution etc, so even if it doesnt help me for the exam i will have a sound knowledge of it for next term when we start proper actuarial subjects.

m14x

HSC
N/A
what was the balancing figure for the balance sheet?

HSC
i still have a circuits exam on tuesday but i can't bring myself to study despite the fact i need to

this has been exhausting and it would have been worthwhile if i were to do well, but i'm certain i won't

m14x

HSC
N/A
mine was balance but im nt sure if its correct or not.i got 48000.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
mine was balance but im nt sure if its correct or not.i got 48000.
Assets = 74500 or 76500 (cant remember which one)
Liabilities = 26500 or 28500 (cant remember which one)
SE = 48000 (this was definitely correct)

maheenreza

HSC
Uni Grad
$171 in the final acct quesiotn?
Assets = 74500 or 76500 (cant remember which one)
Liabilities = 26500 or 28500 (cant remember which one)
SE = 48000 (this was definitely correct)
Yea I got those two answers.
But wth is sustainability thing? :S
I had no idea,so made up bs like its something to do with making sure you don't alter current figures for benefit now and rather do stuff properly so that the business is sustainable in the long run and also that the business should think about the environment.haha.Had no idea.Just like the 80 marks in mgmt :O

Btw guys,for the inventory one,I did that right in the end,cuz I was a bit confused about them and ended up doing bs too.Can someone tell me though how the profit for the two are supposed to be equal?

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Yea I got those two answers.
But wth is sustainability thing? :S
I had no idea,so made up bs like its something to do with making sure you don't alter current figures for benefit now and rather do stuff properly so that the business is sustainable in the long run and also that the business should think about the environment.haha.Had no idea.Just like the 80 marks in mgmt :O

Btw guys,for the inventory one,I did that right in the end,cuz I was a bit confused about them and ended up doing bs too.Can someone tell me though how the profit for the two are supposed to be equal?
The answer was 172 not 171 btw

The profit is the same because under the perpetual there is an inventory shortage expense of $20,000 but under the periodic system the missing $20,000 of inventory just gets added to COGS

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
fins2624 was hard :( :( :( :(

english next... i'll (finally) watch the two plays i haven't seen tomorrow. and then... make notes on how they relate to genre.

And then Distinction it up on Wednesday! =D

D

David_Chen

fins2624 was hard :( :( :( :(
english next... i'll (finally) watch the two plays i haven't seen tomorrow. and then... make notes on how they relate to genre.

And then Distinction it up on Wednesday! =D
Come on, the exam was actually fairly easy.

Please tell me you screwed up the first short answer question. The one that was worth like 18marks and asked to show sigma market = 21% and E(rA) = 12.26%. They were easy marks if you could use a covariance matrix.

The more you screwed up, the better it's going to scale for me. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Come on, the exam was actually fairly easy.

Please tell me you screwed up the first short answer question. The one that was worth like 18marks and asked to show sigma market = 21% and E(rA) = 12.26%. They were easy marks if you could use a covariance matrix.

The more you screwed up, the better it's going to scale for me. XD
Yeah, you non-maths people used a covariance matrix.

I used the professional Higher Theory of Stats, MATH2901 method, and expanded that formula for variance like a pro - and got the answer.

so hah

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
Yeah, you non-maths people used a covariance matrix.

I used the professional Higher Theory of Stats, MATH2901 method, and expanded that formula for variance like a pro - and got the answer.

so hah

xochitl

HSC
Just remember.. If you screw up this year and get low grades then you won't get an internship next year which will mean you won't get a job on graduation which will mean you will have a large HECS debt and your living back with ya mumma.
wait.....what? :|

halapenyo

HSC
aiming for 35% in math1151 final. after scaling or whatever.

tnk god i didnt screw up class tests or matlab otherwise i would have definitely failed the course lol.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, you need 50% or so to pass the course, I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)