Finals coming up >:( (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
If this is true, I would expect you to get an HD in MATH1151
Probs most likely looking at a high credit-mid distinction mark though. I did those papers with 10 min to spare out of 2 hours. but if it were in an exam id probs only receive around 80% due to exam stress.

halapenyo

HSC
keep working at it, aim for about 70% (Y)
:haha: if i get 70% in this exam then the church will declare me a saint. because it would take a miracle for that to happen.

i just hope i can scrape through. plz god let me scrape through.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
it would be
yeh, just found it and now I'm shitting myself
just hoping for the best oh goddddd

i just hope i can scrape through. plz god let me scrape through.
lol dpn't give up just yet, you still have time to make sure you do well enough :)
unlike me, who just came out of an exam feeling shitter than ever ahhh hah

Last edited:

someguy12

HSC
I reckon I got about 60-70% right when I did it last year, and I finished with an 85. In fact, that whole question on several variable stuff I didn't even attempt, because I had no hope of getting it right. Same with the polar coordinates question.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
well how did all of you find MATH1151. hoping i can get around 80 for the final mark.
As long as I didnt make any silly mistakes I would be aiming for a final mark of around 90.

Got all the questions except the last one, kind of had to fudge the intercepts

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
90? oooh

This should be interesting. First year, first semester students trying to guess what they'll get...

hmm

halapenyo

HSC
As long as I didnt make any silly mistakes I would be aiming for a final mark of around 90.

Got all the questions except the last one, kind of had to fudge the intercepts
dayum gurl.

as for me, as long as i get 30% for that exam and pass the course i will be happy. then next sem i will aim higher, maybe aim for a 60. ~high achiever~.

halapenyo

HSC
from what i gather of uni. you need a lot more natural talent than you did in the hsc.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
from what i gather of uni. you need a lot more natural talent than you did in the hsc.
so true, I miss my teachers spoon feeding me everything. Its so hard to get help in an hour long tute you just cant ask every question you have. Im gonna try pair up with people for math1251 next sem so that we can help each other with homework

HSC
Uni Grad
from what I have seen, I've worked a lot harder, became more disciplined in my work ethic. but it's still not generating good enough results, esp. accounting and microeconomics :S

Probably should revise consistently for those sorts of subjects. I used to work consistently for maths, now I'm cramming so much and doing relatively well with that.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Well, we'll see. They do moderate the marks a bit so that not too many people get an HD, for example.
yea true.

I remember how i felt after every maths extension 1 exam last year (I thought I had gotten 100%) yet i made silly mistakes in all of them so im not ruling out the possibility of having made silly mistakes today

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
yea true.

I remember how i felt after every maths extension 1 exam last year (I thought I had gotten 100%) yet i made silly mistakes in all of them so im not ruling out the possibility of having made silly mistakes today
I'm sure you'll do fine. If the biggest worry is 'silly mistakes', you should be fine

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
93% for the final? pretty impressive!
how'd u go for the class tests etc?
you could well get a high 90.
I thought they meant 'Coming into the exam with 93% from the other class tests and assessments'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)