Final End Goal: Commerce/Law UNSW, Requesting Advice (1 Viewer)

Kartoffelei

HSC
Hi! Thank you so much for everyone who has helped me in previous posts.
After some contemplation and research, I've been thinking of doing a Bachelor of Commerce/Law in UNSW and I plan to take the LAT this September.

I wanted to ask a few questions before, as I might choose a Bachelor of Criminology & Criminal Justice/Law.

After looking at the handbook, I saw one of the integrated first year courses: Data, Insights and Decisions, has some pretty high level maths. I was wondering if failing this class or barely passing it is possible? I'm very bad at math.
Additionally, I would like to ask if there are any math landmines in Commerce that I should be aware of.

Once again, thank you so much!

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Good luck with the LAT!

In that course they should teach it ‘from the ground up’ so everyone is kind of on the same playing field. For the course you’re worried about, all you need to do is pass and that’s all that matters + however if you do fail, it may end up being an issue if it is a core subject or is a prerequisite for any second year subjects.

REGARDS,
mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
@mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa Quick question:

I'm probably going to attempt the LAT this year. What should I expect of it? Is it that hard?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
@mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa Quick question:

I'm probably going to attempt the LAT this year. What should I expect of it? Is it that hard?
I mean last years one wasn’t that hard in my opinion, hopefully (fingers crossed) it’s the same this year. It’s kinda difficult to actually study for so theoretically you can get away without preparing for it and doing well (me). In terms of the structure, you have 2 questions and 2 hours, so 1 hour per. Last year (1) you had to evaluate someone’s opinion piece argument (find pros and cons in what the said) and (2) act as a consultant and advise if a firm should make a change or not. Have a look at the practice material, that will give you a guide as to the layout of it.

cossine

HSC
Hi! Thank you so much for everyone who has helped me in previous posts.
After some contemplation and research, I've been thinking of doing a Bachelor of Commerce/Law in UNSW and I plan to take the LAT this September.

I wanted to ask a few questions before, as I might choose a Bachelor of Criminology & Criminal Justice/Law.

After looking at the handbook, I saw one of the integrated first year courses: Data, Insights and Decisions, has some pretty high level maths. I was wondering if failing this class or barely passing it is possible? I'm very bad at math.
Additionally, I would like to ask if there are any math landmines in Commerce that I should be aware of.

Once again, thank you so much!
The course shouldn't be to hard. Often machine learning models are taught as black boxes so you don't need to know technical details though you need to have same vague idea of what will happen if you change parameters.

I think be comfortable with hypothesis testing, basic data visualisation line techniques graph, bar plot etc and that should be good enough.

I recommend that you take a Udemy course on data science probably best in Python that way you will have limited trouble with programming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)