Fatties have right to extra airline seat (1 Viewer)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
errr is this some trolling effort? Katie tully doesn't believe in evolution now?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Enteebee said:
errr is this some trolling effort? Katie tully doesn't believe in evolution now?
I believe in evolution.

She posted on Yahoo Answers that evolution has been proven. Evolution hasn't been proven, and then she's like 'I DONT CARE, IN MY OPINION IT HAS, FOSSIL RECORD FOSSIL RECORD'

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
I don't accept opinions without evidence to back them up. Otherwise they're invalid to me. Don't get me wrong, there is significant evidence for evolution, but there is a reason it is called a THEORY.

I can't believe you do Biology and say the things you do. Wait, yes I can, considering the calibre of most of my Biology class...

And I also don't think you should have a baby if you can't afford it. What common-fucking-sense. It's cruel to the child, and why should everyone else have to pay for THEM?

You may think you have a right to your opinions, but that also means people have the right to form an opinion of you such as Katie has. (for which there is actually EVIDENCE for in this case.)
Yea ok fine - I meant I believe - there is heaps of evidence for the theory evolution. That is what I meant. Katy has gone digging in my old posts on yahoo answers, taken them out of context and abused me no end. Ha ha I came first in Biology in my year, but everyone in my year is pretty bad at bio. I think ppl on here need to be more respectful and less abusive.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Gee stalking much...
Stop labelling and trying to influence others opinions of me. Keep your opinions to yourself. I don't follow your threads and warn ppl of your idiocy. Leave me alone, get over your self. I also think you are a moron. Hello ppl - katie thinks that Aborigines, as a race, are just stupid and lazy and thinks that their past has no effect on Aborigines' current situation. Katie does not believe in paid maternity leave and thinks that if you can't afford a baby then you just shouldn't get pregnant.
Yes I personally believe that evolution has basically been proven. Get over it - it is my opinion. That quote is out of context and I was responding to what others were saying. If that's the worst you got then I am not ashamed. Ppl - actually read my posts for yourself and don't accept katie's judgement. Maybe read katie's posts instead.
No I don't want to do a bachelor of biology I want to a bachelor of science, majoring in biology. so what? (maybe you mis-interpreted my wish that there was such thing as a bachelor of biology)
You are so hateful. I have always been respectful on this site, never called anyone a terrible name or sworn repetively at anyone like you. I have a right to my opinions. You have a problem.
Today I had a group of Aboriginals come into my work, smelling like cigarettes and booze. They presented us with a poorly worded statement claiming that "We done is related ta the brutha on da fifty dolla note" and told us that they were suing the RBA for royalties. Tomorrow they have somehow managed to pull a meeting with the Assistant Governor, Currency.

Oh, and they can't afford legal costs so the RBA are paying them.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
katie tully said:
I believe in evolution.

She posted on Yahoo Answers that evolution has been proven. Evolution hasn't been proven, and then she's like 'I DONT CARE, IN MY OPINION IT HAS, FOSSIL RECORD FOSSIL RECORD'
Evolution has been proven.... in the tentative way in which any theory of the emperical sciences are "proven". I can't imagine that she believes evolution has been proven in the same sense as 1+1=2 has been proven.

black_kat_meow said:
but there is a reason it is called a THEORY.
Because there is nothing else for such a thing to be termed? For instance, the 'fact' of flight is in scientific terms the 'theory' of flight.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Yea ok fine - I meant I believe - there is heaps of evidence for the theory evolution. That is what I meant. Katy has gone digging in my old posts on yahoo answers, taken them out of context and abused me no end. Ha ha I came first in Biology in my year, but everyone in my year is pretty bad at bio. I think ppl on here need to be more respectful and less abusive.
Sorry hun, but this is the internet. People come here to vent their hatred and anger on strangers :) Lol, respect... Not here. You should also be aware that EVERYTHING you say on here will be possibly taken out of context.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Rockyroad said:
I didn't take it out of context.

I posted the question and the answer, in its entirety. It was not taken out of context.

That and you just admitted that evolution exists coz you said so.

Yes there is a shitload of evidence to support the theory of evolution, and certainly in terms of genetics it's quite validated. The fossil record merely provides evidence, it's not a burden of proof.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Enteebee said:
Evolution has been proven.... in the tentative way in which any theory of the emperical sciences are "proven". I can't imagine that she believes evolution has been proven in the same sense as 1+1=2 has been proven.
I'm going to disagree. I don't think anybody would be game enough to say that evolution on a grand scale has been 'proven', at least not using the fossil record as definitive proof.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
A rather patchy one at that. It's best viewed in conjunction with other evidence (not telling you this Katie, you'd know it)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
katie tully said:
I'm going to disagree. I don't think anybody would be game enough to say that evolution on a grand scale has been 'proven', at least not using the fossil record as definitive proof.
MISSING LINK, PEOPLE!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Enteebee said:
Because there is nothing else for such a thing to be termed? For instance, the 'fact' of flight is in scientific terms the 'theory' of flight.
No, there are still substantial gaps in the theory, particularly in regards to human evolution.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Back to the fatties.

I'm happy to move this to the Adam/Eve thread, if anybody wants to discuss it further. I haven't had a good ole bio debate in ages :(

Deprived.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
katie tully said:
'on a grand scale' ? Evolution (or at least Darwin's theory of evolution) only refers to the biological sciences, which comes into play at the point when 'life' exists. Plenty of people, including I dare say every half decent educational institution in the world would say that it is an extremely robust theory which is backed up by many different fields.

black_kat_meow said:
No, there are still substantial gaps in the theory, particularly in regards to human evolution.
Missing links? We have plenty of transitive fossils... how many more do you want?

Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
katie tully said:
Back to the fatties.

I'm happy to move this to the Adam/Eve thread, if anybody wants to discuss it further. I haven't had a good ole bio debate in ages :(

Deprived.
Aww :(

We can't go back to the fatties debate though without people screaming that laziness is a disease and food is addictive. I wonder what Rockyroad and these other girls weigh, hmm....

Sigh, well, back to fatties!

historykidd

HSC
Enteebee said:
'on a grand scale' ? Evolution (or at least Darwin's theory of evolution) only refers to the biological sciences, which comes into play at the point when 'life' exists. Plenty of people, including I dare say every half decent educational institution in the world would say that it is an extremely robust theory which is backed up by many different fields.
didnt you fucking own her like a week ago?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Extremely robust theory backed up by many different fields.
It hasn't been proven.

We had this discussion ages ago in the Eve thread, and I remember distinctly you or Nolan attacking somebody for insinuating that evolution has been proven.

As I said, Rockyroad and co, we can take this out of here and into the Eve thread. I'll even abstain from calling names.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Enteebee said:
Oh, not arguing that, but there are still certain gaps which can't be explained yet, and- oh fuck it, I'm too tired. I get what you mean, but there are reasons this theory is considered less sound than some other you have mentioned.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
katie tully said:
Extremely robust theory backed up by many different fields.
It hasn't been proven.

We had this discussion ages ago in the Eve thread, and I remember distinctly you or Nolan attacking somebody for insinuating that evolution has been proven.

As I said, Rockyroad and co, we can take this out of here and into the Eve thread. I'll even abstain from calling names.
It depends what someone means by 'proven', my attack on someone (at least I imagine) would probably be if they are trying to claim that a 'proven' theory is greater than a 'theory'. As far as scientific terminology goes there are no such things as proofs (only in mathematics), it is more of a colloquial term which I suppose someone would use to mean an 'extremely robust theory backed up by many different fields'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)