• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Farewell Co-op Bookshop (1 Viewer)

Che08

HSC
:eek: So um.. where we all getting our textbooks from now on?

- will you venture to other CO-OP stores or order online? Im curious...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You will be getting your books from the Uws connect bookshop which will open hopefully by the start of next year.

Also you won't get as much of a discount from connect nor the same quality of service.

Lara1986

HSC
I and others are annoyed as it doesn't seem it will be all set up, ready to accept purchases before summer session startsm particularly as long summer session starts december 1.

And we will be even more annoyed if when it is up and running they don't have the online lists like Co-op that enable you to order online.

I get a feeling they will lose a lot of business, particularly from law students, as Lawbooks.com and other places are looking more and more attractive,,,,

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The uni has the ability to walk over students, staff and everything else on campus'. It's mainly because students don't stand up anymore and the university buisness conglomerate has taken over.

The uni even emailed students about the changes. If you don't agree you can complain to UWS' Quality and planning department on complaints@uws.edu.au all complaints, grievences are held in strict confidence.

Che08

HSC
Yeah i read a sign today that said about the books going to the connect shop.. what a joke.. the service is already crap at connect!

Yeah foreverpink, i mentioned going to other stores.. but im like others.. i dont think i could be bothered.. however i must admit if theres no discount at connect i might just do it.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Che08 said:
Yeah i read a sign today that said about the books going to the connect shop.. what a joke.. the service is already crap at connect!

Yeah foreverpink, i mentioned going to other stores.. but im like others.. i dont think i could be bothered.. however i must admit if theres no discount at connect i might just do it.
Connect will offer a discount apparently, it's just a question of how much, etc.

= Jennifer =

HSC
I still think that a lot of people will go to UWS Connect's bookshop for the pure fact of convenience.

I will not be using the UWS Connect bookshop as I have a co-op bookshop very close to where I work...the only reason I would use UWS Connect bookshop is if it was a better deal elsewhere.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its a bit silly really, it wont improve service as the main problem with the co-ops on the UWS campuses I was on was they were too small! They could not fit enough books and the courses notes (readers) were in the same shop...really what they need to do is separate the two like they have at mac so people aren't in the line to see if a reader is in to find out its not making the textbook line super long.

Its a bit weird when the other unis all have co-ops and the co-op generally provides good service.

For anyone not wanting to buy there you can try other uni's co-ops as suggested. Also theco-op legal and professional bookshop (Phillip St) has a heap of law textbooks as well as some others (i'm not sure which other discplines it stocks). lawbooks.com.au is and i think they own another site called emporium or something that has books from other discplines.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
melsc said:
Its a bit silly really, it wont improve service as the main problem with the co-ops on the UWS campuses I was on was they were too small! They could not fit enough books and the courses notes (readers) were in the same shop...really what they need to do is separate the two like they have at mac so people aren't in the line to see if a reader is in to find out its not making the textbook line super long.

Its a bit weird when the other unis all have co-ops and the co-op generally provides good service.

For anyone not wanting to buy there you can try other uni's co-ops as suggested. Also theco-op legal and professional bookshop (Phillip St) has a heap of law textbooks as well as some others (i'm not sure which other discplines it stocks). lawbooks.com.au is and i think they own another site called emporium or something that has books from other discplines.
They are going to use some of the co-op bookstore spaces if there is no retail or insufficient space within the shop, depending on the campus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)