Extension 1 HSC 2014 Prediction (1 Viewer)

QZP

HSC
Someone pointed out before that the examiners who set the MX2 paper have no affiliation with the examiners who set the MX1 paper. If this is true then stop trying to infer :p

russ3l

HSC
Praying that, since 2013 MX1 was relatively more difficult than other years, 2014 MX1 will be relatively easier. They did it this year for 2U so fingers crossed!

mreditor16

HSC
Someone pointed out before that the examiners who set the MX2 paper have no affiliation with the examiners who set the MX1 paper. If this is true then stop trying to infer :p
that was me and it was proven otherwise:

Take a look at the 2010 2 unit and Ext 2 papers.
2U Q8b
Ext 2 Q3c
That should convince you that your teacher is misguided.

If he only sets general papers then he would have no reason to consult with the other committees. The 2U/Ext1/Ext2 committees do consult.

I might be proven a liar, but I expect probability to play a big part in Ext 1.
Another clue is that the latest probability question in the 2 unit paper was in Q12 (same format as Ext 2), and it was a dead easy question.
So neither the Ext 1 or Ext 2 students have done a challenging Probability question yet.

Reactions: QZP

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
hahahhaha if this is legit then chances we will be pelted with perms and combs lowers :D

doubt circle geo will be in Q13 or 14. they already gave a good dose of it in 4U.
inb4 circle geo is impossible

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
hahahhaha if this is legit then chances we will be pelted with perms and combs lowers :D

inb4 circle geo is impossible
They're going to combine further trig with a series of inscribed triangles then ask a question on approx. area of the triangle series

emilios

HSC
i do agree that 3U last questions are pretty limited in their range since there's a whole bunch of topics that could be asked that would advantage 4U kids

mainly thinking induction, integration, inequalities, circle geo, combinatorics

they do love their binomial theorem tho

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Expecting binomials again this year lol
And truck loads of perms and combs throughout the test because they didn't do it for 4U
Or difficult induction Qs
Tbh I hope for really nice binomials/combinatorics/circle geometry.

i do agree that 3U last questions are pretty limited in their range since there's a whole bunch of topics that could be asked that would advantage 4U kids

mainly thinking induction, integration, inequalities, circle geo, combinatorics

they do love their binomial theorem tho
Induction- Most are fairly bland tbh
Integration- too easy for the last Q I think within the constraints of MX1
Inequalities/circle geo/combinatorics- pretty possible, if they do combinatorics I reckon that they'll definitely weave in some identities with binomial coefficients :D.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Guythsss do projectile question from 95 paper.

Pretty different to standard types of questions you get.
Looks fairly standard to me except for the inequalities (which I assume is what you're referring to).

:p

Is anyone else a bit frustrated/pissed off that the exam is at 1:55?
Yeah it's a pain =(. Will probably get released from school at about 5:00pm...might go out and eat with friends afterwards.

photastic

HSC
MC Q1-10 - Prelim topics like inequalities, external division, and hsc topics like harder 3u
Q11 - Questions will be more prone to silly mistakes rather than difficulty.
Q12 - Standard Questions but the last marks will be tricky.
Q13 - Things get hotter, things like inverse, circle geo or harder 2u(underrated topic)
Q14 - Rape with projectile and Binomial induction (haven't seen you for a while) or those stupid long ass derivative questions.
Allocation of marks: 40 marks of standard questions, 20 marks of thinking questions, 10 marks for state rankers. Was spot on for 2u but who knows.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I got an exam in the morning so fk me
:O. SOR?

MC Q1-10 - Prelim topics like inequalities, external division, and hsc topics like harder 3u
Q11 - Questions will be more prone to silly mistakes rather than difficulty.
Q12 - Standard Questions but the last marks will be tricky.
Q13 - Things get hotter, things like inverse, circle geo or harder 2u(underrated topic)
Q14 - Rape with projectile and Binomial induction (haven't seen you for a while) or those stupid long ass derivative questions.
Allocation of marks: 40 marks of standard questions, 25 marks of thinking questions, 10 marks for state rankers. Was spot on for 2u but who knows.
Time to break out MIF aye?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)