European Anger as China Executes Briton (1 Viewer)

0bs3n3

HSC
sorry it should have read like this :

LOL that doesn't really help with your case that country's shouldn't be entitled to state sovereignty given that the Khmer Rouge only came into power because of American and Vietnamese intervention into Cambodian domestic affairs.
Hmmm now why would the Americans help prop up a COMMUNIST government during the height of the Cold War? Intrigued. Please elaborate.

mastermind666

HSC
It's sad how the Chinese authorities have $$ to gain for every execution they make (organ harvesting), which gives them a strong motive to perform them.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
You're sorely mistaken if you think that the majority of Chinese people don't support their government and their judicial system. I dare you to talk to a Chinese person and ask them what they think of their government.
hahahhahahah yeah ok you're a just fucking moron who have no idea what you're talking about. Go read up on modern Chinese history before you spout out anymore bullshit. It's kinda fucking hard to show anything but "support and praise" for the government when it monopolizes the media and all forms of speech, and the last time you demanded progress and democracy, you were ran over with tanks and shot with machine guns; and any disagreement with government policies and calls for reforms will land you 10+ years of jail time on charges of "subversion of state power". You're a fool to think that the ordinary Chinese citizens have a say in how the country is run, stfu before you embarrassed yourself any further.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
You're certainly spot on in depicting the brutal reality that can await Westerners travelling overseas - one need only look at the Australian who stole a barcoaster in Thailand for an example closer to home (luckily that had a happy ending).

But your absolute lack of condemnation of this disgusting disregard for human rights disturbs me somewhat given that you are a teacher. It's yet one more horrible black mark on China's human rights record.

And just in case anybody was wondering, China doesn't just execute people for drug smuggling - it also executes them for sedition (e.g. promoting democracy) and tax evasion. In fact, to that end it has a corps of mobile death vans which are equipped to give the death penalty on the spot.
wow what an article

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
I don't understand how u nips can justify this just because it is their law. Accepting another countries obviously disgusting laws is worse than accepting our own

fucken lol it was law for Nazis to execute Jews so it's okay cos it's their law

mastermind666

HSC
I don't understand how u nips can justify this just because it is their law. Accepting another countries obviously disgusting laws is worse than accepting our own

fucken lol it was law for Nazis to execute Jews so it's okay cos it's their law
When we say we cannot interfere in China's affairs, we mean that in the literal sense.

That is not to say that we shouldn't - ideologically we should really intervene, but doing so could invoke potentially disastrous consequences

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
If he was blond and blue eyed, i'm pretty sure he would have his death sentence commuted to life imprisonment.

kelly tully

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah some wah wah wah about 'if you go to another country you should obey by their rules'.

except this guy was clearly mentally ill and i fucking hate china

so much.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
the only point you raised that has any significance to what we're talking about regards the media. you're missing the point, and that's that despite all those awful things you listed the Chinese people still support their government. maybe that's because of the media? maybe, but the last three chinese people i talked to (three isn't representative but it's a start) didn't give a shit, and the fact that most chinese people go about their lives without giving a shit says one thing - they don't care.

now go ahead and ask some people and see what they say. trust me.
fuck how stupid are you? I bet you think the Germans are all a bunch of anti semitic, genocidal murderers for "supporting" the nazi government in the holocaust too?

Apathy does not equal to support you imbecile. Did you even read my post? The Chinese's apathy stems from the systematic government oppression of dissent and free speech; they're indifferent because they don't have a choice, not because they all unanimously support the government and their dear leader or that they're all bloodthirsty savages living in the stone age you dumb ass.

The ordinary Chinese do not openly discuss politics and their views on the government among themselves, let alone to outsiders/foreigners, for fear of prosecution, but just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it's nonexistent, political dissent is everywhere in the Chinese cyberspace; in fact most Chinese want greater political freedom and civil liberties if given the choice. It's human nature to want to be free and to be able to reach our full potentials without constraints; it's why we came out of the caves and why we write these laws that guarantee our liberties. Or are you going to argue that natural rights don't exist or that they don't apply because the Chinese are not humans but rather bloodthirsty savages living in the stone age?

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
yeah some wah wah wah about 'if you go to another country you should obey by their rules'.

except this guy was clearly mentally ill and i fucking hate china

so much.
the Chinese legal system is a big joke, they don't give a damn if you're mentally ill or born with 2 penises and one testicle. Unless you're the son of some government official or you just gave the judge a couple million dollars for a new house and a brand new mercedes benz, if they want you to go down, you will be found guilty no matter the circumstances.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You're sorely mistaken if you think that the majority of Chinese people don't support their government and their judicial system. I dare you to talk to a Chinese person and ask them what they think of their government.
Are you for real?

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
I don't agree that if you go to another country you should obey their laws, just as I don't agree you should have to obey the law here.

We are all born free, and we all have a natural right to travel freely across this planet and live freely as long as we don't hurt others.

China does not own the particular land that government has claimed by force, just as we do not own Australia.

Good luck to drug traffickers and victimless criminals everywhere.

jellybelly59

HSC
Apathy does not equal to support ... Did you even read my post? The Chinese's apathy stems from the systematic government oppression of dissent and free speech; they're indifferent because they don't have a choice, not because they all unanimously support the government and their dear leader or that they're all bloodthirsty savages living in the stone age...

The ordinary Chinese do not openly discuss politics and their views on the government among themselves, let alone to outsiders/foreigners, for fear of prosecution, but just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it's nonexistent, political dissent is everywhere in the Chinese cyberspace; in fact most Chinese want greater political freedom and civil liberties if given the choice. It's human nature to want to be free and to be able to reach our full potentials without constraints; it's why we came out of the caves and why we write these laws that guarantee our liberties. Or are you going to argue that natural rights don't exist or that they don't apply because the Chinese are not humans but rather bloodthirsty savages living in the stone age?
+1
Leading China dissident set for trial

zstar

HSC
N/A
This obsession with defending drug dealers in western countries is a mental disorder.

Being Bipolar does make you a drug smuggler. Bipolar disorder is nothing more than mood swings and depression, If this man was Bipolar what the hell was he doing in Poland? Why didn't his family do anything about it?

The fact is people facing execution will use anything in the playbook to excuse their behavior.
I dare you to find a single drug smuggler who will actually admit their guilt.

mastermind666

HSC
This obsession with defending drug dealers in western countries is a mental disorder.

Being Bipolar does make you a drug smuggler. Bipolar disorder is nothing more than mood swings and depression, If this man was Bipolar what the hell was he doing in Poland? Why didn't his family do anything about it?

The fact is people facing execution will use anything in the playbook to excuse their behavior.
I dare you to find a single drug smuggler who will actually admit their guilt.
It is good that we are seeing an alternative view here. However though, that is a somewhat shallow analysis of the issue.

Firstly, what was he doing in Poland? Living there - he had left his family for his Polish secretary, with whom he had two children.

Secondly, why didn't his family do anything about it? They didn't want anything to do with him after he ran away with the secretary.

Thirdly, the mood swings experienced by bipolar sufferers are much more severe than that of other people. When Mr Shaikh was on a "high" in Poland, he believed that he could do anything - in this case, become a music star with his terrible yet innocent song "Come Little Rabbit" and incur world peace with the song. As such, he was so absorbed in this dream that when he was offered stardom in China by some drug lords (who he happened to befriend, yet was unaware of their drug dealing) in return for carrying a suitcase there, he had no suspicions. The drug lords were aware that he can easily be manipulated, and took advantage of it.

Although I like your scepticism, it is thoroughly misinformed in this case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)