Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
haha.. thx- It's more of a there's no point saying, and what if I don't get into uni? Then I'll feel like a total **** (insert random synonym for a stupid person who brags)...

yeah i suppose...it is quite a nerve-racking time of waiting to see whether we actually secure positions at respective firms.

know_it_all

well we're all in the same boat
so i agree with Meads that perhaps too much credit is being given to Pwc in this case (though i did turn them down so wat does that say bout me...haha)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Humbleness balances confidence- or so the Queer Eye guys say.

(EDIT: Humbility is probably not a word^^)

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
hey..with the double degree people...is it possible to do a single degree yet remain in the same division...can we change our minds and do a single instead of a double?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
rosepetal25 said:
hey..with the double degree people...is it possible to do a single degree yet remain in the same division...can we change our minds and do a single instead of a double?
You're not required to do a double in the first place... so yes.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate getting mental blocks remembering words- in the Business Studies exam I spent 10mins trying to remember the word 'compassion' >_>

VLTURBO

HSC
For all ppl starting at PwC in 2006, has anyone heard/know if we have a lunch sorta thing or r invited to the xmas party? i remember hearing of something being organised for after HSC but havent heard as yet.

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
they'll probably post you invites or something...? i have a couple of friends who are starting at pwc next year but they havent heard anything as of yet.

Last edited:

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I would say it is getting a bit late for invites to be offered to anybody for a X-mas party...we are well into X-mas party season atm.

road ahead

HSC
N/A
i am going to Pwc coquest day next week, help!!!

am going to pwc conquest day next week, wat am going to do, wat should i prepare? can anyone give me some advice, hints? please! the hr told me they will select 50% of the candidates.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Why don't you guys just call them and ask whether you are invited to xmas party? I'm sure it's the same at PwC but we've been flat out even as the year is coming to a close. They've probably just forgotten, it's not that you're not invited... I mean if you've signed the contract & submitted it there's no reason why you can't go. It's a better way to get to know people you'll be working with (at their drunken best ;)) so that you're not so intimidated on your first day. Although you should hurry, one of the group had their xmas party tonight!

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
^ but isnt it a bit weird to ring them up to ask them if they are inviting you to their christmas party? i mean if they wanted to invite you then you would have received an invitation ...right?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
rosepetal25 said:
^ but isnt it a bit weird to ring them up to ask them if they are inviting you to their christmas party? i mean if they wanted to invite you then you would have received an invitation ...right?
Haha you don't say "Oh hey can I come to the xmas party please?"
You call them up with a "question"... just have a query about *something* then say "So... what are you guys doing for your xmas party this year?" If you guys got the offer that means you must have some knowledge of small talk.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
They probably realise that alot of us will be on schoolies.

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
^yes very true. and we dont start until feb 6th anyway ...theyll prob have some trainee thing later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)