English tutoring at dux college worthwhile? (1 Viewer)

Jiggly_Puff

HSC
It so happens that english is my weakest subject and I was hoping to find some means of improving my marks. I'm still not exactly sure of the best way but I was considering english at dux college. Anyone do english there? If so is it good? Also if anyone has any other tutors they can reccommend me it would be much appreciated :)

jnney

lemon
HSC
English at preuni is good. The main one, that is. Either at Homebush or North Strathfield campus (-this one is on saturdays).

Jiggly_Puff

HSC
Thanks for the recommendation :) It's a little far in distance but if its as good as you say I'll definetly look into it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
hey, why don't u go for the free trial lesson at dux college. then you can see if its worth it.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I did a term at Matrix, bumped my marks right up, but I was kinda annoyed at the class size, still excellent though. If you can find a English school teacher who can do one on one, definitely give it a go.

Jiggly_Puff

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys :). Planning to do a trial lesson next week

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
It so happens that english is my weakest subject and I was hoping to find some means of improving my marks. I'm still not exactly sure of the best way but I was considering english at dux college. Anyone do english there? If so is it good? Also if anyone has any other tutors they can reccommend me it would be much appreciated :)
Personally, I find tutoring colleges very useful for maths/science and not at all useful for English. For English, get a one-on-one tutor who has sat HSC English and aced it recently and get them to critique your essays/writing/moulding till the cows come home. It's shocking how so many 'experienced' teachers know the content in English, but have very little idea how to teach students how to nail the 20/20 essays. Tried and tested technique of acing English advanced.

The catch is, it's very difficult to find a quality one-on-one tutor like the one I described above. Many tutors (like myself) don't offer English tutoring =/. I hope that helps!

Jiggly_Puff

HSC
Yeah I thought private tutoring may be better. But I really have no clue where I could find one :(. Thanks for the advice though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)