English Teachers, Can they teach? (1 Viewer)

How good is your teacher?

• Total voters

spitfire63

HSC
I have suffered from 5 years of abysmal and slack teaching. I honestly still do not know a day before paper 2 what the point of an essay actually is, I just write some stuff and hope for the best. A good day for my HSC English class would have been to receive a book of printed out notes most of which were irrelevant to the course with the instructions:

'There is some good stuff somewhere in there...'

So does anyone else have this problem, of having the worst teachers in the most subjective, random and unnecessary subject?

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
I had a great one in yr11, however he didn't get the job for yr12 and I ended up with a shithouse teacher whos teaching style clashed with my learning style in a major way. Oh we only started on our last topic like 3 weeks before the end of term so I'm fucked in a major way for Henry Lawson.

vustoxn

HSC
My Prelim and HSC teacher is the best teacher i have had in my entier schooling years. (Mrs. Hamilton). I think that im set. I think that most english teachers dont understand how to educate all of their students... which is sad

Parkz

HSC
Had my English Teacher for 3 years straight Love her *Miss Rees* Sad story tho i got moved in year 12 but i pulled some strings to get back in there Yaya! Lol

LordPc

HSC
I have suffered from 5 years of abysmal and slack teaching. I honestly still do not know a day before paper 2 what the point of an essay actually is, I just write some stuff and hope for the best. A good day for my HSC English class would have been to receive a book of printed out notes most of which were irrelevant to the course with the instructions:

So does anyone else have this problem, of having the worst teachers in the most subjective, random and unnecessary subject?
some english teachers are good, most are crap.

I didnt have a real english teacher until year 11. (my year 10 teacher was a sporting coach, you can imagine how little I learnt in that english class)

if you do extension 2 english you will get a good teacher, but even when i did extension english I got a poor teacher

so yea it is hard, there are a few good ones, but most are crap

kara42

HSC
I love my teacher, she's one of the best teachers in the state.

EDIT: k just realised this is standard... my bad

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
My English teacher is amazing. <3

rokkuguhyo

HSC
My English teacher is really good, even though she talks for about 3/4 of a lesson, sometimes more.

When I was in year 8-11, my average for English was around B-C, and now I get A's.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Thank god my HSC English teacher was the best English teacher out of my school years.

I had a great one in yr11, however he didn't get the job for yr12 and I ended up with a shithouse teacher whos teaching style clashed with my learning style in a major way. Oh we only started on our last topic like 3 weeks before the end of term so I'm fucked in a major way for Henry Lawson.
Self-study at your own pace.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
My english teacher is amazing, and she really knows her stuff, unlike some english teaches I have had in the past...

HSC
my english teacher is pretty good in terms of teaching, but she ends up talking most of the time that makes the subject pretty dull though.

Anon4Real

HSC
Pfft my school is so messed up.

I do standard, and our awesome english teacher from year 11 left early into year 12. and since then we've had 4 teachers, who all change the way they teach and give mixed messages. And our "official" english HSC! teacher is a newbie who isn't fit to teach a year 8 english class.

it's so un organised, i'm fucked

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I've only had 1 dodgy english teacher, the rest were excellent.

I especially love my yr 11/12 teacher - she actually makes english class something i look forward to and i used to hate english! :D

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
My "teacher" is an old lady with a study guide and nothing else.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I remember the horrors of having a teacher who can't teach... english just a daydreaming lesson for me back then.

Moneyequalmarks

HSC
Its very simple...the more money you pay, the better the teachers, hence the useless teachers who struggle to speak english let alone teach it are in the poor pleb schools in the west. Its a brilliant system

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No matter who your teacher is you still need to do your own research. As long as you can think and learn independently, it doesn't matter what your teacher is like.

random-1005

Banned
HSC

english teaching is where you go if you cannot teach anything else (who doesnt know this??). A bunch of wankers made up a subject just to keep them in a job and off the streets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)