English Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

heatblaster34

HSC
Does anyone know what might be in the Std. Eng exams? I have revised for some themes like Identity, Transformation, Gender Roles, Individual/Collective human experiences for the commom mod (Billy Elliot), but still I am quite afraid of what they are going to ask for this year’s paper. :confused:

okok123

HSC
oh where does it say this? i didnt even get taught it
On the nesa website under craft of writing
"There may be questions that provide opportunities for students to use features of informative texts in their writing but in many cases informative texts are best assessed internally as appropriate to school context."

cloud_berry

HSC
i’ve kinda hit a roadblock with studying even though i havent done much at all, i’ve revised the scenes in my essay and a few extra ones and i feel like its too late to do practice papers or learn new quotes at this point, i dont wanna burn myself out before the exam .. what else can i do? i was thinking of studying for other subjects but i want billy elliot stuff to remain fresh in my head before i start doing that

cloud_berry

HSC
Does anyone know what might be in the Std. Eng exams? I have revised for some themes like Identity, Transformation, Gender Roles, Individual/Collective human experiences for the commom mod (Billy Elliot), but still I am quite afraid of what they are going to ask for this year’s paper. :confused:
i am just gonna try and force my memorised scenes into whatever theme they ask tbh

icycledough

HSC
i’ve kinda hit a roadblock with studying even though i havent done much at all, i’ve revised the scenes in my essay and a few extra ones and i feel like its too late to do practice papers or learn new quotes at this point, i dont wanna burn myself out before the exam .. what else can i do? i was thinking of studying for other subjects but i want billy elliot stuff to remain fresh in my head before i start doing that
You may want to gather a few practice Common Module questions and try to write topic sentences and an introduction specific to any question (two of the most important things a marker will look for). If you are confident in writing within the time limit, then you could even type these things out if you don't want to write, which is understandable as you would have been writing for ages uptil this stage. Other than that, I guess just try to remain positive and give yourself confidence going into your first exam tomorrow.

heatblaster34

HSC
i am just gonna try and force my memorised scenes into whatever theme they ask tbh
Yeah, I am on the same route as you. However, I think the most important scene (and probably the easiest one to remember) is the ending scene. Like I’m pretty sure you could fit that anywhere for the themes! Also, good luck for english tmr. I hope everyone does get to do well (hopefully) this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)