English Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
i’m fucked either way for mod c, last time i wrote a persuasive was in yr 6, was never taught how to write a discursive, i’m absolute trash at improvising stories and i just realised my prewritten imaginative isn’t exactly mouldable 😭
same throws me back to those topics such as "should students wear uniforms" or "are video games good for kids"

Modelmat

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately the subject of English is actually in legislation, so you'd have to ask your local minister to get it into a bill :(

Education Act 1990, Pt.3 s.12(1) (b) requires that
The curriculum during Year 11 and Year 12 for students who are candidates for the Higher School Certificate must meet the following requirements:—
(b) those courses of study are to include a course of study in English
Act: https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/view/whole/html/inforce/current/act-1990-008
Notice about this from DoE: https://porthackinghs.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Requirements-of-Education-Act-1990.pdf

Also note Education Act 1990, Pt.8 s.95(2) requires that
the requisite examination or other assessment must include a public examination conducted on a State-wide basis.

juliastiles

HSC
I think mod c might be forced discursive or persuasive since they did creative in 2019 and a choice last year and the syllabus is new so they might not want to repeat what they've already done to test all the areas if that makes sense.

TheShy

HSC
I feel like mod C gonna be similar to example B of the sample questions. Example A was tested in 2019, and example C in 2020, so it makes sense if they gonna make something similar to example B, which asked to write an intense moment from the persepctive of a character in module C. Perhaps they won't ask something from mod C alone, but maybe all mods

juliastiles

HSC
I feel like mod C gonna be similar to example B of the sample questions. Example A was tested in 2019, and example C in 2020, so it makes sense if they gonna make something similar to example B, which asked to write an intense moment from the persepctive of a character in module C. Perhaps they won't ask something from mod C alone, but maybe all mods
I just had a look at example B and that would be an okay question but I'm hoping we get a discursive on all the modules because my mod b text was Emma so I could talk about coming of age in the discursive and relate it to myself so it would be easier to come up with something to write lol

mikrokosmos

HSC
I just had a look at example B and that would be an okay question but I'm hoping we get a discursive on all the modules because my mod b text was Emma so I could talk about coming of age in the discursive and relate it to myself so it would be easier to come up with something to write lol
If they ask disc/creative/pers for 12mk and 8mk reflection, how many words do you think we should aim for the piece? (excl. reflection)

juliastiles

HSC
If they ask disc/creative/pers for 12mk and 8mk reflection, how many words do you think we should aim for the piece? (excl. reflection)
I usually go by time so for a 12 marker, spend 24 minutes writing and for an 8 marker spend 16 minutes. In terms of word count the whole of mod c should be 1000 words because you have 40 minutes, similarly to the other modules. If its 10 creative/discursive/persuasive than 500 words for that and 500 for reflection. If it's 12 marks then maybe around 600 words on the creative/discursive/persuasive and 400 on the reflection

Disssi

HSC
N/A
due to “Human Qualities, and emotions associated with or arising from collective/individual human experience“ being the rubric question in 2019 (the one about commitment), then there’s no way they’ll ask us a question from that part of the rubric again right? Or is there still a slight possible chance?

mikrokosmos

HSC
due to “Human Qualities, and emotions associated with or arising from collective/individual human experience“ being the rubric question in 2019 (the one about commitment), then there’s no way they’ll ask us a question from that part of the rubric again right? Or is there still a slight possible chance?
highly highly doubt it - i am guessing the anomalies paradoxes and inconsistencies thing but you should generally know your text in regard to each rubric key term

Disssi

HSC
N/A
Adding to this, 2020 paper asked us about “Individual and collective human experiences“ part of the rubric, so most likely @GoldenMelon is probably right and the question will be from this section of the rubric
”How texts may give insight into the anaomalies, paradoxes and inconsistencies in human behaviour and motivations, inviting the responder to see the world differently, to challenge assumptions, ignite new ideas or reflect personally.

Disssi

HSC
N/A
highly highly doubt it - i am guessing the anomalies paradoxes and inconsistencies thing but you should generally know your text in regard to each rubric key term
Yeah yeah ofc I know my shit

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
My predictions...
Common Mod: Extract
Mod A: Extract
Mod B: Open
Mod C: Open w reflection

mikrokosmos

HSC
praying its not an extract bc that means i'd have to know all 7 of my commod poems 100%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)