English Advanced predictions (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
For those who are doing Module B speeches... do you guys think they'll prescribe a speech? I know last year they prescribed Aung San Suu Kyi.
My prediction is that they won't prescribe, and even if they do it would be either Keating or Suu Kyi.

And for those who are doing Module C: Julius Caesar...or just conflicting perspectives in general...do you think they'll ask for more than one related?
My predictions are that they won't, but they'll make us write in a different format...like a interview or article or something. I hope not though!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe that the modules will be rather stock standard this year but the Area of Study will be affected such as a prescribed text type for creative or if we're very unlucky, a very specific belonging essay question.

deswa1

HSC
As long as they:
1. Allow one related for everything
2. Don't specify a chapter of Justice Game
3. Don't give an absolutely retarded creative (like I wouldn't mind a speech or feature article though)

I'll be pretty happy tbh

jenslekman

HSC
As long as they:
3. Don't give an absolutely retarded creative (like I wouldn't mind a speech or feature article though)

I'll be pretty happy tbh
this.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as they:

I'll be pretty happy tbh
This.

If they prescribe fucking anything, I'm fucked. One day, they should be like (in AOS), your related text is text 1 (sources).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The things I fear:
1) A really stupid specific belong creative (a la technology in trials). Or a speech or feature article.
2) Two related texts for Belonging or Mod C
3) Prescribing one of the really odd Slessor poems (like how fun would it be to try and relate everything to Sensuality...or Sleep ick)
4) A really weird belonging Q that doesn't have alot to do with your text.
5) Picking some real random theme to focus the Mod A comparison on

And guys, the Justice Game is Mod C right, they wouldn't specify parts of SFOC right???

mrh94

HSC
I believe that the modules will be rather stock standard this year but the Area of Study will be affected such as a prescribed text type for creative or if we're very unlucky, a very specific belonging essay question.
I hope so!! Belonging is easier to BS in IMO.

mrh94

HSC
Worst past question EVER (2005)- in my opinion lol :
Your class has been exploring the question, “What will continue to make the selected speeches worthy of critical study?”

Your personal response has been challenged by another student. Defend your response through a critical evaluation of the selected speeches, analysing the construction, content and language of the text.

In your response, refer to THREE speeches you have studied.

deswa1

HSC
^I don't know about speeches but for Hamlet that would be a pretty easy question I reckon- I would like that.

RishBonjour

HSC
Worst past question EVER (2005)- in my opinion lol :
Your class has been exploring the question, “What will continue to make the selected speeches worthy of critical study?”

Your personal response has been challenged by another student. Defend your response through a critical evaluation of the selected speeches, analysing the construction, content and language of the text.

In your response, refer to THREE speeches you have studied.
its another bs question where you say why the speeches are valuable. it has to be the most adaptable question on mod B I've seen. (hopefully this year they don't give a generic question or people who memorised for mod B will shine and drop my mark)

just say the usual "universal ideas" how they promote change in society and teach us things
e.g. in Sadat's he presents a world where "no single blood will be lost" (something like that) if we achieve "permanent peace based on justice" and shows the importance of tolerance, despite religious barriers etc.

IMO. last year's question was MUCH harder.

NBGHHS

HSC
1) Giving us stimulus as a creative response, as well as adding 'make this a significant part of your response' (aaaaaaand there goes all memorised narratives. But remember that the whole state would be subjected to this, so holistically, you're at no disadvantage. But still, annoying as hell.)
2) Specifically for Module C: Hamlet - making us focus on characters...
3) Specifically for History and Memory - a specific question on the theme, rather than a broad 'How is history and memory represented in these texts' type of question.

As long as I get through english with no major damage...i'll be happy -_-

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
i just hope the hamlet question isnt too specific EG: role of women in the play or some bullshit like that. However, i reckon they might do something similar to this years CSSA hamlet question. Creative section of belonging all together is crap, hate creatives!!! mod a and mod c ive got all covered, i hope...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
They've messed around with all of the modules within the last few years. This year is the 2nd last year of belonging and in 2007 (2nd last year of Journeys), they prescribed a few text types for the creative.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
i just hope the hamlet question isnt too specific EG: role of women in the play or some bullshit like that. However, i reckon they might do something similar to this years CSSA hamlet question. Creative section of belonging all together is crap, hate creatives!!! mod a and mod c ive got all covered, i hope...
I'll be honest, I found the CSSA paper altogether this year piss easy. We study Romulus, My Father as a prescribed for Belonging, Frankenstein and Blade Runner for Mod A, Hamlet for Mod B, Ted Hughes' poetry for Conflicting Perspectives.

The Hamlet question was in its essence a regurgitation of the 2011 HSC question. It merely wanted you to refer to all sections of the text. The reason is that in the past years, students have ignored certain sections of Hamlet and quoted solely from the beginning or the middle Acts or the end rather than explore the text from start to finish. This was a method of ensuring that students study the text as a whole rather than 1 section. I don't think this year will be like last year's question. Unfortunately I think it'll be like the 2009 or 2010 question where they specified loyalty as a theme and ask you on your perception of it. Fingers crossed it's not role of women or human relationships or something silly like that :p

I think this year Conflicting Perspectives for the Hughes poetry might see a curveball. The questions have been pretty easy in the last few years so I'm thinking they might specify a poem or go with 2 related texts. Hamlet might actually be a different text type to write in e.g. a letter, an interview, a speech, etc, but even then Hamlet I find is the hardest part of Advanced (albeit the most interesting) because the text is so enormous you can never predict the question! I think the possibility that question itself will make us struggle hard is quite likely for Hamlet. I just hope that whatever they do for Belonging and Conflicting they have 2 related texts and for the Belonging theme to not be something specific like culture or family. If they want to test us I think it's better that they say 2 relateds than to specify something that could potentially see some texts gain an advantage over others. Hopefully the Belonging creative will be a generic stimulus based story although something like an interview would also be fun.

I am just praying that the questions work out for me because I really need my Advanced to be over 96 :p

HSC
They've messed around with all of the modules within the last few years. This year is the 2nd last year of belonging and in 2007 (2nd last year of Journeys), they prescribed a few text types for the creative.
That's just superstition. I'm just going to go in and do my best. Srsly if it fucks me over that much then that will just have to do!

manscux

HSC
I was talking to my teachers and they said for speeches mo, if BOS redid what they did in 2011.. than the most likely speeches that they will choose would be Atwood, Pearson or Sadat

saaamui

HSC
If creative was a speech or an interview, what question can they ask though? Is it just something reflective about how we feel about belonging?! So doomed. I just hope they save the "changing form" thing for the future years. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)