emily dickinson poems .. (1 Viewer)

gunat61

HSC
how many should we study in depth? i've only studied 2 this year and survived .. is there a need to study more? lol :p i guess i'll study 3 .. some of them you can write jack on tho .. =\

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
I was reading one of those 'exemplar' responses from paper 1 last year, the person only did two poems, and they were 'This is my letter' and 'I Gave myself to him' AND she only had one related text (because it only asked for one)

gunat61

HSC
lol yeah dickinson's my best essay and ive only studied two of them in detail ....... but i don't know if that's safe to do for hsc but i cbf learning more hm.

herbs1

HSC
of course it's safe. Writing about more than two thins it down way too much. If you do, however, use a short one (letter/word dropped), make sure that you have 3 (perhaps the two short ones and a longer) for complete peace of mind.

gunat61

HSC
thanks :) yeah ill do two in detail and if the question is suitable to a third poem i'll just fudge it in lol :p

yours

HSC
what if you use 2 short ones and use different readings to support a different argument e.g. in a word dropped careless, one reading is metapoetry, the other is not belonging to religion

yours

HSC
not sure, but i don't think readings are necessary.
Any interpretation of meaning is a 'reading', therefore at least ONE reading is necessary. My point is you can broaden your discussion if you consider the poem in more than one way. This makes your poems more flexible in terms of answering a question. Don't place the focus on the fact that it's a 'different reading', but rather the fact that her deft poetry actually reflects many aspects of her life. Her economical language is her trademark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)