embracing the pale (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
If nothing else, remember fairness/paleness is a sign of beauty in Asian cultures :) Agree with jaylee--don't like the carrot look! Or when Caucasians turn out to be darker [/] than me!

Napstar

Banned
HSC
I am massively white, so I just try and make stuff stand out better. I was sceptical, but CoverGirl eyelights mascara is really good, if you pick the right shade for your eyes. Doesn't clump or anything, I rarely use eyeliner because my eyes get itchy.

Also I use some translucent powder in pinks in lieu of blush, and hey presto.
Not so white anymore.

You can get away with wearing black clothes, imo they suit pale people better than tan people. Can't get away with pastels though, so corals and light blues. They wash us out.

Nanasaurus

HSC
uuuurgh a friend and i went to the river yesterday bitching about how white we were and now we're lobster red. i miss my pasty whiteness... :(
HOLD ONTO WHAT YOU HAVE!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
so weird how asians want to be white but whites want to be dark

:S

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^I think it's a subconscious cultural thing to show you're of high status. If you're pale in Asian cultures, it means you're not toiling under the sun, i.e. you're rich. If you're dark in white cultures it means you've got time to perfect your tan, i.e. if you've got that much time, you're obviously rich enough to not need that time to earn more.

Jaylee42003

HSC
If nothing else, remember fairness/paleness is a sign of beauty in Asian cultures :) Agree with jaylee--don't like the carrot look! Or when Caucasians turn out to be darker [/] than me!

so weird how asians want to be white but whites want to be dark

:S
Our pale skin would be considered beautiful in Asia :D Thus, it is justifiable to say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
^^I think it's a subconscious cultural thing to show you're of high status. If you're pale in Asian cultures, it means you're not toiling under the sun, i.e. you're rich. If you're dark in white cultures it means you've got time to perfect your tan, i.e. if you've got that much time, you're obviously rich enough to not need that time to earn more.
yer back in the 17th century etc all the white bitches were heaps white for the same reason

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
pale skin proves that you aren't a pleb who has to work in the sun.

Bendent

HSC
dunno

white skin is good , pale isnt...like the pinkish colour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)