embracing the pale (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ok following certain hideous photos on facebook...

how does a person of less-than-tanned skin tone manage to not look like a ghost?

fake tan is not an option btw, been there done that looked like a patchy carrot. ew.

things I have already worked out:

black is not your friend
there are pale celebrities who manage to look hot

how do they manage this

post ideas

go!

;)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Hrm, I feel your pain. I am so pale I’m almost translucent. But I don’t worry about it so much anymore. On my face I generally use a tiny bit of bronzer all year round to look like I actually have blood flowing through my veins and so I don’t look ultra sickly.
But nowadays my wardrobe is predominantly black and my hair I just dyed black and I’m not a goth…idk, but I think it looks ok…

rozymisty

HSC
huh i feel your pain.

I dont tan.. i burn easily. i have loads of freckles and ive lived here in qld my whole life.

my friend came from scotland at the start of last year. She was pale as anything, and now she has more freckles than me and actually tans. That shouldnt happen!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i dont think skin tone is so much the issue.
I think it comes down to skin condition, as in the evenness of the skin tone, the smoothness of the skin.
You girls are lucky in that you can wear makeup to help with this.

ghosts like me just have to hope that a regular skincare regime will solve the problem.
hate freckles :(

EDIT: i wear quite a bit of black and navy.
i think the contrast can work.

i often find that white is terrible on me. it seems to wash me out.
I think pale skin can suit more dramatic, moody colours.
Just like dark skin tones look better with pale colours.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
aww

freckles aren't so bad

it's more the looking transparent next to your golden tanned friends
there's this one photo of me I laugh at every time I see it...next to this brown asian chick in some pub, its all dark in the background and I am pretty much glowing-in-the-dark white by comparison :/ :shy:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I've sort of gotten used to being white and have accepted the fact that my legs will always look blue.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
aww

freckles aren't so bad

it's more the looking transparent next to your golden tanned friends
there's this one photo of me I laugh at every time I see it...next to this brown asian chick in some pub, its all dark in the background and I am pretty much glowing-in-the-dark white by comparison :/ :shy:
another reason why i refuse to be in photos.
flash photography hates us all.
Yeah I've sort of gotten used to being white and have accepted the fact that my legs will always look blue.
i always always always wear long pants/jeans.
never shorts.

the world is just not ready for such blinding white.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah, don't wear pale colours, you'll disappear.
this is one of the worst photos for me - stuck between an italian and asian. lol, so white!

gella

HSC
yeah, don't wear pale colours, you'll disappear.
this is one of the worst photos for me - stuck between an italian and asian. lol, so white!
but youre a nice white hehe, your skin looks extremely good.
ive gotten used to being white too, and i too have had black hair for more than year now
i can get darker, but eh cbf. and i find that, as highwayman said, we suit more dramatic colours, and thats always a good thing

embrace da white

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
melimoo has beautiful skin.

i think thats the key. doesnt matter what colour you are, if you take care of your skin it will look fine.

although naturally olive people tend to get a little grey when they stay out of the sun, in that case i think bronzer would do the trick.

try wearing a nice complementary shade of blush and try to pull off the "english rose" look.

nisseltaria

HSC
I tend to neither tan nor burn (I can but it takes several hours unprotected in UV-10+ days), and I am translucent. I stopped freckling several years ago and most have faded. I don't see any problem with dark or light clothes worn well (contrasting hair, socks or jewellry work as well as contrasting jackets).

Personally, I just laugh at how much lighter I am than my friends and claim to be a vampire if anyone bothers.

Not Scottish & can't remember the source but:"The natural colour of the Scot is a pale blue, which brightens to white in summer."

ppaaiiggee9

HSC
Celebrities have anti tans. Twilight is an example. they are all pale and all georgous.
its cause they are put in a tent just like when you get a spray tan and then sprayed with a fine powder and dye just like a spray tan except the dye is not brown or chocholate or mocha its white. like baby power. pretty much semi permanante foundation for all over your body.
one of my friends is a franchisee of some tan business and looked at the "anti tan" and the solution for a single tan is upwards of $200 so most places wont do them and if they do their will be an extra service fee to it.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Natural is the way to go. If you happen to get darker, you get darker.
I'm olive skinned, so in winter I go Simpsons, and now in summer I can't wait to get a little more darker - regain my colour.

Jaylee42003

HSC
You can be pasty white and still be beautiful :)

I am myself very white, but I take pride in it. I'd much rather be snow white than carrot orange or loaded with a sun-cancerous tan.

:snowman:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)