• SDD

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • IPT

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

VistaSoldier

HSC
I'm in James Ruse Year 8.
We have to start choosing subject electives for Year 9.
We can choose 2 electives.
I've decided on either Commerce/IPT or Commerce/SDD.
Anyone tell me which I should choose?
I was given the HSC exmas from 3 and 4 years ago and all that to look at to help me decide.
IPT exam I know a lot of, pretty much half the exam already how to do.
SDD seems different and I don't know much at all.
Which should I choose, I know HTML and Javascript, if that helps with SDD.
All replies are helpful :headbang:.

VistaSoldier

HSC
Yeah I'm Asian.
When people say Ruse is full of asians, it aint a lie. My grade has asians and indians and 2 half whites.
That's it.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Don't do Comm and IPT/SDD. Tjhat's fucking stupid and boring. If you take Comm, don't take either SDD or IPT, and I recommend you take IPT out of those 2 since you're obviously better at it. If you take IPT, don't take Comm. Shit choice for your 2nd elective because the first one is already work intensive. Do something fun like DT or VA or Drama. Much better. I'm James Ruse Year 11. Trust me on this.

Plodygon

HSC
Pardon my ignorance, but what are IPT and SDD... does it have something to do with the number of hours you have to complete on that subject?

aya-chan

HSC
Don't do Comm and IPT/SDD. Tjhat's fucking stupid and boring. If you take Comm, don't take either SDD or IPT, and I recommend you take IPT out of those 2 since you're obviously better at it. If you take IPT, don't take Comm. Shit choice for your 2nd elective because the first one is already work intensive. Do something fun like DT or VA or Drama. Much better. I'm James Ruse Year 11. Trust me on this.
haha. yeahs. what he said. =)

no one cares about yr 9 and 10 electives. do something fun and you'll enjoy. I did German and VD. and I go to baulko. So you can trust me too. and I'm much nicer than this one here ^

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
Pardon my ignorance, but what are IPT and SDD... does it have something to do with the number of hours you have to complete on that subject?
Subjects in the HSC course. JR accelerate in year 9.

VistaSoldier

HSC
Alright then.
I was considering Jap or Drama but my Dad ain't letting me do anything other than Comm/SDD or Comm/IPT.
So that really sucks.

Brontecat

HSC
Alright then.
I was considering Jap or Drama but my Dad ain't letting me do anything other than Comm/SDD or Comm/IPT.
So that really sucks.
i'm suprised you're dad won't let you do jap considering, for the hsc, languages scale higher and are likely to be more relevant in life

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
haha. yeahs. what he said. =)

no one cares about yr 9 and 10 electives. do something fun and you'll enjoy. I did German and VD. and I go to baulko. So you can trust me too. and I'm much nicer than this one here ^
Agreed. I did the subjects I was interested in. No employer is going to go 'Oh, you did Food technology and not Commerce in years 9 and 10. I'm not going to hire you.'

klitzy

HSC
Parents getting too involved in their childrens subject choices are tossers. It's great they show an interest, no sarcasm, but really it's you doing the subject in the end. Do Software Development & Design since you don't know as much it'll be a challenge and you'll learn more.

i'm suprised you're dad won't let you do jap considering, for the hsc, languages scale higher and are likely to be more relevant in life
Only if you can beat the native speakers in it. I won't argue with the relevancy point though.

EDIT - And don't you get 3 electives in year 9/10 or do Ruse do it differently?

aya-chan

HSC
Only if you can beat the native speakers in it. I won't argue with the relevancy point though.
isn't there a different native speakers course for uhm ... native speakers?

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
EDIT - And don't you get 3 electives in year 9/10 or do Ruse do it differently?
At Ruse, we only get 2 because Ag is compulsory >< And yeah, they do have a background speakers course for Jap, but they don't for some other less common languages D=

I'd say, do Jap or Drama since yr9/10 doesn't count for anything. Except if you do IT/SD. And even then, it still probably won't count for anything unless you do extremely well. Anyway, it's you doing the course, not your parents [not that they always understand this] so ultimately you should do what you enjoy. Good luck.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought IPT and SDD were HSC courses. In my school we had IST.

Do IPT. I heard that SDD is pretty boring.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do one that is better for you. Don't care about scaling. Just go hardcore and top the state and get like mid 47/50 for IPT or high 47/50 for SDD. Works wonders for your HSC later on =)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Oh yeah and if your Dad doesn't let you, just fill out the form yourself at school and when you get Drama or Jap instead say that Comm was full but you get priority for Eco in Year 11. Which is actually a truth. My mate did this to get out of Comm/SD and did Drama/SD instead.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Choose what you want - ask your teachers, and friends, and older Rusians who have done those subjects. I hate to stereotype but Asian dads on the whole know jack all about schooling except the number at the end (the ATAR). And you're in Yr 8 FFS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)