Economics HSC Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
actually it could appreciation this way:

reduced imports -> more supply for $aud -> appreciation

fml

no more economics gives me trauma

zbolland

HSC
actually it could appreciation this way:

reduced imports -> more supply for $aud -> appreciation

fml

no more economics gives me trauma
question is asking specifically for demand

i think ur undermining investor confidence answer is the way to go

we definitely saw this amidst the US-China Trade War when we depreciated to like 0.71

uniqueusername1

HSC
question is asking specifically for demand

i think ur undermining investor confidence answer is the way to go

we definitely saw this amidst the US-China Trade War when we depreciated to like 0.71
interesting. it could go both ways tho

zbolland

HSC
interesting. it could go both ways tho
ngl i was so confused because like

does global economy include Australia or not

cause if it does, then higher Australian protectionism would probably also be a reason for a depreciation as imports cost more

2 marks lmao mark allocation for SAs was ass tbh

notme123

HSC
damn bro how'd you structure it? if you don't mind talking about it lol

if its giving you trauma no need to share
well since it said assess, i tried to give a multifaceted argument and trying to fixate on how global and domestic factors work together.

i started with financial flows and explained how Australias a net importer of capital because of si gap (domestic reason) and mining boom (global reason) but then i explained wait mining boom fell and the superannuation sector grew so we were an exporter of equity to spread risk due to lack of global recessions and more opportunities overseas (global) and short term debt was falling, but l-t debt still rose because ags were a safe haven after the gfc (global reason) and i forgot what i wrote after that i think like 1/2 pages more maybe but i dont think i spoke much about the current high saving rate, if at all

then i spoke about trade which was pretty brief because i had like 8 minutes to do it, obv spoke about commodities and transition to a wider x base and stuff about the exchange rate aided it w/ j curve and a stat from a guy debelle speech but at the end i realised forgot about trade agreements so i mentioned something about hollowing out of manufacturing and i really cant remember but maybe smth about departure of ford i really cant remember. i also had no conclusion

notme123

HSC
well since it said assess, i tried to give a multifaceted argument and trying to fixate on how global and domestic factors work together.

i started with financial flows and explained how Australias a net importer of capital because of si gap (domestic reason) and mining boom (global reason) but then i explained wait mining boom fell and the superannuation sector grew so we were an exporter of equity to spread risk due to lack of global recessions and more opportunities overseas (global) and short term debt was falling, but l-t debt still rose because ags were a safe haven after the gfc (global reason) and i forgot what i wrote after that i think like 1/2 pages more maybe but i dont think i spoke much about the current high saving rate, if at all

then i spoke about trade which was pretty brief because i had like 8 minutes to do it, obv spoke about commodities and transition to a wider x base and stuff about the exchange rate aided it but at the end i realised forgot about trade agreements so i mentioned something about hollowing out of manufacturing and i really cant remember but maybe smth about departure of ford i really cant remember. i also had no conclusion
hahahahaha i think this needed to get moved as well

uniqueusername1

HSC

then i spoke about trade which was pretty brief because i had like 8 minutes to do it, obv spoke about commodities and transition to a wider x base and stuff about the exchange rate aided it but at the end i realised forgot about trade agreements so i mentioned something about hollowing out of manufacturing and i really cant remember but maybe smth about departure of ford i really cant remember. i also had no conclusion
interesting. However, I believe it was talking about changes in the global economy.

So I think you had to link it to events like the US-CHINA trade war, Covid-19 recession and Mining Boom Mark II (Make that very clear - past 10 years).

So like:

China's imposition of tariffs on Australia = impact on Australia's trade volume

Recent trade agreements = shift in direction of financial flows (more east-asian economies) and volume

Recent Technological advancements = shift in composition of trade

idk

i'm saying events cause i did a q like changes in the global economy as practice and the teacher roasted me for not linking it to events. Hopefully you did that tho

notme123

HSC
interesting. However, I believe it was talking about changes in the global economy.

So I think you had to link it to events like the US-CHINA trade war, Covid-19 recession and Mining Boom Mark II (Make that very clear - past 10 years).

So like:

China's imposition of tariffs on Australia = impact on Australia's trade volume

Recent trade agreements = shift in direction of financial flows (more east-asian economies) and volume

Recent Technological advancements = shift in composition of trade

idk

i'm saying events cause i did a q like changes in the global economy as practice and the teacher roasted me for not linking it to events. Hopefully you did that tho
haha no i didnt mention china-us once i think and didnt have time to mention the tarrifs I THINK. i might have but as i said those last two minutes were a blur.

uniqueusername1

HSC
haha no i didnt mention china-us once i think and didnt have time to mention the tarrifs I THINK. i might have but as i said those last two minutes were a blur.
damn you went down to the wire. i made sure i had two hours to do the last two extends

notme123

HSC
damn you went down to the wire. i made sure i had two hours to do the last two extends
i had 35 minutes for the second one and i kept it that way because i knew i couldnt include a lot of details. from memory i maxed out the booklet writing space for the essay and probly one page more, while for mp essay i had the whole provided space + an extra booklet and a half, but its fine im content with a 16/20 but im afraid it might be less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)