• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

eating in exams (1 Viewer)

HSC
just wondering, are students allowed to eat during exams?
obviously not like full packets of chips and shit that makes so much noise + is distracting
but as in chew gum, suck on lollies etc

samthebear

HSC
i was under the impression that you could but a teacher at my school made me spit my lolly out during my IPT exam (it was a 3 hr exam as well *sigh*) =.= i think you can though. depends on the supervisor. generally you can i think.

Actually i think theres a thing on the board of studies that says that you can - but i'm not sure. you'll have to check with a teacher at school or something.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I think you can if you're diabetic. If not, tough shit, it's distracting.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
obviously not like full packets of chips and shit that makes so much noise + is distracting
Yeah, I always chew gum, or have a cough lolly or something. I even put gum in my mouth or open a cough lolly in the exam. Noone really cares...unless I like made a huge noise whilst unwrapping the lolly or something. But yeah, if I was told not to, I wouldn't really care.

shady145

Banned
HSC
lol on the rules for my trials it says no food of any sort, and u must have a clear bottle with water only... those rules didnt last long.

HSC
LOLS yeah i usually chew gum anyways
for the trials at my school, everyone brings in labeled water bottles even cordial and shit but i doubt they'll get away with that in the HSC

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol I have never done this and I don't think i can lol

K

khorne

I'd love to bring some salami and bread in...make myself a sandwich if I finish an exam early :D

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC

only drinks are allowed in our school
& why would u eat during an exam?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
my school doesn't let it happen, because people might put cheat notes in their gum wrapper.

sickk

HSC
i drink hot chocolate in a thermas, little 1 or 2 minute break between each section, and to kill time at the end lol, not ahuge 1L thermas rofl, just like one of those little coffee ones, and we have external examiners for the trials to "get used to the real thing" and noones said anything, i wouldnt be suprised if HSC examiners were anal but

P.T.F.E

HSC
we're not allowed to eat in the exam but my maths teacher came in and gave us all bali sugars to eat throughout the MX2 exam. he said supposively it is meant to enhance our concentration, he didnt seemed convinced just thought it was a good excuse to give us a treat. the business studies kids spewed with jealousy haha.

ascentyx

HSC
pro tip: on the day of ur final exam fill your clear no labelled water bottle with straight vodka, or any other straight spirit u like.

when (or if) u fiinish early start getting really really drunk in the last hour or so of the exam.

stumble out of the hall screaming when the exams are finally done :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)