• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

drinking water (1 Viewer)

newmz89

Beer
HSC
I dont drink water that much, only when doing sports, or when hungover. usually i drink cordial.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
supercalamari said:
I know I know but drinking straight water would be better right?
Yes. People dont realise how much sugar and energy is in juice and soft drinks.

As a kid I only drank cordial and soft drinks, cut down to one a day or less (and lower sugar varieties like Ice-tea or no added sugar juice) and dropped a couple of kgs.

A lot people I know who are overweight/obese only drink soft drinks or juice and very little water. Some who switched to diet varieties (not my prefered option) or less in general found it helped with their weightloss. When you think about it, you could not eat 60g of sugar straight or more than a few oranges but juice or soft drink is easy to drink fast

Best thing to do is slowly cut down on soft drinks and eventually you wont miss them as much. Also READ nutritional information on the bottle. Check how many 'serves' it says because sometimes they say a bottle or can is more than one serve so they can make it sound like there is less sugar/energy. Some bottled juices have more sugar than soft drinks! Some of the lipton and nestea ice tea's have half as much sugar as a bottle of coke and they are really nice :) Also most flavoured waters have as much sugar as soft drink but don't have the colouring or bubbles.

roadcone said:
i've read that your daily water consumption should be roughly:

weight (in kgs) x 0.0333

on average this would mean approx. 2L per day for most people.
For me its like 1.53L which sounds about right because i'd struggle to drink 2L total per day

Last edited:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
id drink about 2l on a normal day. if im bored or stressed and its hot, more.

*Baby-K*

HSC
I am drinking it to lose weight- and to distract myself from the fact that I am skipping dinner yet again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)