Dr Pepper's "I had good ranks and screwed them with trials" Club (1 Viewer)

its_tricky

HSC
okay seriously, those of you with ranks 1-10, how is that bombing out!??!
just because you aren't first doesn't mean it's over

i thought this threat would be for people who literally screwed up with ranks 10-20 and lower!

enoilgam

HSC

i thought this threat would be for people who literally screwed up with ranks 10-20 and lower!
Well, it depends on the school though.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Some of us have small subject cohorts. So coming 10th is bad say out of 19, or 6th is bad out of 8th or whatever.

And for some people's goals (particularly those from lower ranks with high ATAR goals) absolutely need high ranks in all their subjects. Coming X rank is not bad for Y Atar aim, but could be disastrous for Z.

Also at lower rank schools, not coming 1st internally is a throw in the face because chances are your assessment mark will end up pulling your HSC mark down even with a good external, which is not much a concern for higher rank school individuals.

pmescotty

HSC
Some of us have small subject cohorts. So coming 10th is bad say out of 19, or 6th is bad out of 8th or whatever.

And for some people's goals (particularly those from lower ranks with high ATAR goals) absolutely need high ranks in all their subjects. Coming X rank is not bad for Y Atar aim, but could be disastrous for Z.

Also at lower rank schools, not coming 1st internally is a throw in the face because chances are your assessment mark will end up pulling your HSC mark down even with a good external, which is not much a concern for higher rank school individuals.
This is exactly me!! Whilst i nailed Adv maths, physics n engineering; i failed epically standard and geography (was first n third respectively), Paper two was a killer; i would be lucky to scrape thru 60% and geo i normally smash the skills m/c i got 12/20, section 2 got some respectibility 30/40, but the two essays dnt even go there! And eng n geo were both 35% weighting, so my rankings are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkeddddd!!!

And my cohort is small as small, and ranked like 400 odd; my atar screwed. and the bottom,... is well a lost cause... class averages are terrible.

Last edited:
HSC
Oh my lord just got physics back last week. 83/100. I used to be in top 5-7 but now I'm pretty sure I'm out of the top 10. T_____________________________________T. Top mark was 95 then 93 then went down from there. 83 was a rank 15 in the trial. FML

Everything else was good - I did better in ENGLISH than in physics...(even though I'm traditionally much shitter at english). Maths ranks stayed the same (1st in X2, 2nd in X1 - due to like 3 marks in the whole year), Jap 2nd (behind top person who is a freak - stayed the same pretty sure)

2xL

HSC
Came 2nd for Chem Practical. Disappoint.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
So the results have been coming in slowly as of today. They were pretty much as I expected, like which ones were good :) and which were bad.

But after just getting trials and major work in I was pretty not too bad about the bad results because I expected them, and all I reallly want to do is take them as learning curves for the actual HSC, which is what they are for.

So so far, there as such:
Adv Eng: 41/45 Pretty good seeing as I lost most of my marks on creative, and they were very harshly marked, most people got around 7. So I was happy as I was thrown by creative topic.

Adv Eng Paper 2: I got what I thought was my weaker module essay back today and got 20/20 with the rest coming back on Wed :)

Bio: 91.5/100 SO stoked I got full marks on the communication part as I was away for a large part of it :)

Chem: 72.5/100 Well it's not great but, but seeing as I did well in all the assessments during the year I will probably end up with a respectable rank. I'm going to focus more study efforts on chem, and with the real HSC at least I have a week before my chem as my last exam and not having it on the same day as another sub!

Mod: I got 20/25 on one section I got back, and 10/10 on another, unfortunately they were my best sections of the paper :p

But should get rest of Eng and Mod back Wed, EE1 probably get back to tomorrow, Maths probs tomorrow.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
So the results have been coming in slowly as of today. They were pretty much as I expected, like which ones were good :) and which were bad.

But after just getting trials and major work in I was pretty not too bad about the bad results because I expected them, and all I reallly want to do is take them as learning curves for the actual HSC, which is what they are for.

Adv Eng: 41/45 Pretty good seeing as I lost most of my marks on creative, and they were very harshly marked, most people got around 7. So I was happy as I was thrown by creative topic.

Adv Eng Paper 2: I got what I thought was my weaker module essay back today and got 20/20 with the rest coming back on Wed :)

Bio: 91.5/100 SO stoked I got full marks on the communication part as I was away for a large part of it :)

Chem: 72.5/100 Well it's not great but, but seeing as I did well in all the assessments during the year I will probably end up with a respectable rank. I'm going to focus more study efforts on chem, and with the real HSC at least I have a week before my chem as my last exam and not having it on the same day as another sub!

Mod: I got 20/25 on one section I got back, and 10/10 on another, unfortunately they were my best sections of the paper :p

But should get rest of Eng and Mod back Wed, EE1 probably get back to tomorrow, Maths probs tomorrow.
wow you aced almost everything haha.

deswa1

HSC

Congrats- you seem to have smashed most things. Really hope the rest of your results end up nicely for you :)

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
LHS you killed it. modern raped me in the arse so bad, im pretty sure i lost my rank 1. but i killed ext hist 45/50 with a very hard marker, and i regained my rank 1 for physics (even though i got a shitty mark). maths was okay but ughh.

english is ridiculous. i cant stand it. paper 1 i lost about 8 marks that i am going to challenge, and the highest mark out of anyone in the modules was 18.

hopefully sor is not too depressing

eat_well

HSC

Congratulations!! Those marks are BRILLIANT. Good luck with getting maths back tomorrow. I'm sure you did amazingly :).
All I know is that my maths rank has dropped to 12 but it's not too terrible considering that I thought I was around the 30s.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
LHS you killed it. modern raped me in the arse so bad, im pretty sure i lost my rank 1. but i killed ext hist 45/50 with a very hard marker, and i regained my rank 1 for physics (even though i got a shitty mark). maths was okay but ughh.

english is ridiculous. i cant stand it. paper 1 i lost about 8 marks that i am going to challenge, and the highest mark out of anyone in the modules was 18.

hopefully sor is not too depressing
Yeah Modern I think I will lose my rank 1 because I did pretty terribly in the Indochina section, which is worth 25. But thank you! And thank you eat_well, fingers crossed for the rest of modern, maths and res tof my Englishes, but I'm hoping chem was the worst, I'll know once I get maths.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Topped MX1 and MX2, which I was hoping for.

Did fairly decently in music practicals. Still got aural left, but hopefully I'll hold on to my rank. Teacher said I'm well on the way to a band 6.

Bombed legal. That being said, everyone else did, so I ended up coming 3rd. Teachers are pissed as hell though - every class got a lecture about how we need to improve - and rightly so, the highest mark was 88, and some people were down in band 1's apparently. We were described as the worst cohort in memory.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Did fairly decently in music practicals. Still got aural left, but hopefully I'll hold on to my rank. Teacher said I'm well on the way to a band 6.

Bombed legal. That being said, everyone else did, so I ended up coming 3rd. Teachers are pissed as hell though - every class got a lecture about how we need to improve - and rightly so, the highest mark was 88, and some people were down in band 1's apparently. We were described as the worst cohort in memory.
LOL, that's harsh.

Don't worry, you're still top of pretty much everything. If I told you about my school's science marking, you'd be shocked.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Today, my modern class got abused over getting the MC wrong in World War I. Apparently they've never had such issues with a Modern History cohort and were telling us all they'd marked easy than the HSC and if we replicated this externally, we would get three marks less. He says people getting Band 4s should still be able to do decent in the WW1 section.

jason2kool

HSC

Our cohort get this every single day, not even joking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)