don't marry your lover, marry your best friend (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
yeah it would be bad losing two good things in one go.

HSC
i think people misunderstand the saying

it's not like .. dump the person you're dating for the person you consider your best friend (because most of the time that would involve someone of the same sex, as well as being fucking stupid), i think it implies that the person you're in a relationship with should be someone who is a good friend and fun to hang with, not just all based on physical attraction shit which can disappear pretty quick

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

it's not like .. Dump the person you're dating for the person you consider your best friend (because most of the time that would involve someone of the same sex, as well as being fucking stupid), i think it implies that the person you're in a relationship with should be someone who is a good friend and fun to hang with, not just all based on physical attraction shit which can disappear pretty quick
+ 1

alax dillon

HSC

it's not like .. dump the person you're dating for the person you consider your best friend (because most of the time that would involve someone of the same sex, as well as being fucking stupid), i think it implies that the person you're in a relationship with should be someone who is a good friend and fun to hang with, not just all based on physical attraction shit which can disappear pretty quick
ditto.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
i agree with katie...as does everyone else.

it should be: love your lover like you love your best friend. but love him/her as a lover too.

if that makes any sense.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
screw saying love.

this is my now shortened explanation: pick someone who'll give you the best of both worlds.

williamc

HSC
it doesnt work like that

people only get married because they want to have kids. having kids with some random, annoying bitch is hardly desirable

on that note. people marry someone that looks good (using yourself as a base point), and that you can stand to be around for a prolonged period of time.

pessimism at its greatest

sydchick

HSC
N/A
lol...why are we quoting mean girls?

heathers is so much better anyway

sydchick

HSC
N/A
ahh okay.

i still love mean girls, though. tina fey is a goddess

sydchick

HSC
N/A
lol...yes.

You should watch Heathers. A hundred times better, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)