Don't know what I want to do in uni.. (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know actually... I just thought that was where most people would go after high school
Going to university is a significant investment in regards to cost and time. The transition isn't as natural as you would make it out to be.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I currently have one tutor for chemistry. I really really could do with an english tutor, but it's actually incredibly hard to find a good english tutor.
Bother your teacher with essay after essay. Tell him/her to mark it.

Simple. They're there for a reason.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Since you like Maths and Physics how about some type of engineering. How about Petroleum engineering the graduate salary alone is $125000.
don't just do it for the money m8. engineering and law and 2 vastly different fields. if you lack the skill to pursue one of them, there's no point in doing the course since engineering (or so i've heard) is really difficult in uni. and you obviously have to love maths and phys and chem.

oh, and do petroleum engineering so u can get that quality sniff.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
if you're doing a course just because you got the ATAR for it and actually have no genuine interest in the field you're going to hate the rest of your life

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects are you doing at school? Which subjects do you like the most? Which subjects do you dislike the most? Which subjects are you find...neutral?

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
Honestly there is nothing wrong with not knowing what you want to do at uni, lots of people quit before the census day or change courses so you're not alone! Just go through the course handbook and find out more about what interests you. Talk to your careers advisor as well. Remember the cut off for changes through uac is well after you find out your atar - and you can always defer if you're not sure. For motivation to study - just think that the better the result you get the more options that will be open to you! The great thing about not having chosen a path is that the sky is the limit!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Tell him/her to mark it.

Simple. They're there for a reason.
A little bit of politeness would help. 'Ask'/'Request' your teacher to mark it, they're not your slave. Whilst most good teachers will, I don't think they're required to.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
A little bit of politeness would help. 'Ask'/'Request' your teacher to mark it, they're not your slave. Whilst most good teachers will, I don't think they're required to.
Well, they're obliged to. They are supposed to help you in your HSC quest - and I agree I probably didn't use the right words there.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, they're obliged to. They are supposed to help you in your HSC quest - and I agree I probably didn't use the right words there.
False.

They're obligated to teach the class during the allotted periods, mark assessments and provide feedback on them. I don't think they're required to mark draft after draft, which is why I'm so thankful I had the teacher I did.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
False.

They're obligated to teach the class during the allotted periods, mark assessments and provide feedback on them. I don't think they're required to mark draft after draft, which is why I'm so thankful I had the teacher I did.
Obliged in this case means something like... 'they should do it for the benefit of the student'.

They're a teacher. They're kinda obligated to help their students as part of their job.

HSC
solve all you're problems...become a ballerina.
On a more serious note, why not become one of the famous three?

-Pharmacist
-Optometrist
-Dentist

Illest

HSC
What subjects are you doing at school? Which subjects do you like the most? Which subjects do you dislike the most? Which subjects are you find...neutral?
3u Math, Physics, Ancient History, SOR, Standard English. Like: Math and physics. Neutral: History and SOR. Hate: English.

Honestly there is nothing wrong with not knowing what you want to do at uni, lots of people quit before the census day or change courses so you're not alone! Just go through the course handbook and find out more about what interests you. Talk to your careers advisor as well. Remember the cut off for changes through uac is well after you find out your atar - and you can always defer if you're not sure. For motivation to study - just think that the better the result you get the more options that will be open to you! The great thing about not having chosen a path is that the sky is the limit!
I'll try talking to my careers advisor. I know that I should be aiming for the best ATAR I could get but it would be easier with a goal.

editav

HSC
Uni Grad
So yeah.. school will be over in six months and I have no idea what course I want to do in uni.
I've been aiming to get into engineering but then I realised I didn't actually want to do it.

So how do you choose which course you want to do in uni? ..and those career survey things don't help at all .__.

Since I don't really have a goal, I don't have enough motivation to study as much. I do study a lot though. Just, if I had something to work for I would work harder :L
Go to open days for UNI and try to ask as many questions as possible then =)

TamzidZ

HSC
Bruh english was right. The shared human experience wasn't all just bs. Posts from 2012 are more relatable than the relatable memes people post lmao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)