Don't know what I want to do in uni.. (1 Viewer)

Illest

HSC
So yeah.. school will be over in six months and I have no idea what course I want to do in uni.
I've been aiming to get into engineering but then I realised I didn't actually want to do it.

So how do you choose which course you want to do in uni? ..and those career survey things don't help at all .__.

Since I don't really have a goal, I don't have enough motivation to study as much. I do study a lot though. Just, if I had something to work for I would work harder :L

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So yeah.. school will be over in six months and I have no idea what course I want to do in uni.
I've been aiming to get into engineering but then I realised I didn't actually want to do it.

So how do you choose which course you want to do in uni? ..and those career survey things don't help at all .__.

Since I don't really have a goal, I don't have enough motivation to study as much. I do study a lot though. Just, if I had something to work for I would work harder :L
Do you have any academic interests outside of what you're studying in school? Is there a particular field which you have always found intriguing and wanted to find out more?

Illest

HSC
I'm not sure.. maybe something that involves math and physics but I've never really been interested in anything in particular

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I went through the UAC guide and put a tick or cross next to things I was somewhat interested in doing.

In the end I had about 10 to pick from, culled one and then BAM! 9 uac preferences right then and there (sure i did a bit of fudging to order them, but still)

True story.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Are you sure you actually want to go to uni soon? Perhaps work for a bit or do an apprenticeship or a tafe course? You can always go to uni later.

Levity

HSC
Since you like Maths and Physics how about some type of engineering. How about Petroleum engineering the graduate salary alone is $125000.

Illest

HSC
Are you sure you actually want to go to uni soon? Perhaps work for a bit or do an apprenticeship or a tafe course? You can always go to uni later.
100% sure. And my parents would kill me if I went tafe :\ (I'm Asian)

Since you like Maths and Physics how about some type of engineering. How about Petroleum engineering the graduate salary alone is $125000.
Yeah, I probably will do something in engineering if I don't figure out what I want to do (x

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Or, Science majoring in Maths and Physics...?

There's a guy in my calculus lecture - he's doing Mathematical Physics. consider that.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Screw Asian parents.

It doesn't matter your race. Do what YOU WANT TO DO.

Illest

HSC
I went through the UAC guide and put a tick or cross next to things I was somewhat interested in doing.

In the end I had about 10 to pick from, culled one and then BAM! 9 uac preferences right then and there (sure i did a bit of fudging to order them, but still)

True story.
I'll probably give this a try ^^

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL yeah, but I definitely want to go uni.
If you don't know what you want to do, how can you say you want to go to university?

What's your reasoning behind this?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
You could probably set yourself an ATAR aim for now, so you at least have a goal, if you don't see yourslef deciding what course you want to do for now.

Illest

HSC
Do you do HSC Physics? Not that.

Think of what Sheldon does. That's... kinda like it. Lots of equations.
Ohh, that sounds interesting. I'll look into it.

If you don't know what you want to do, how can you say you want to go to university?

What's your reasoning behind this?
I don't know actually... I just thought that was where most people would go after high school

You could probably set yourself an ATAR aim for now, so you at least have a goal, if you don't see yourslef deciding what course you want to do for now.
I do. It's 90+ :L

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't know either, I waited until I got my ATAR to see what options I had and chose Engineering/Commerce cause you could branch into any engineering first year and there are a lot of commerce majors to choose from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)