Don't Ever Do Drugs (1 Viewer)

Tasteless

HSC
you're just trying to justify your use of drugs, i dont really see how anyone can do that.
How is anything they said remotely objectionable?

I mean I really fucking hate drugs and druggies immensely but that post is entirely reasonable and I don't think you can even assume whether or not the poster even does drugs based on what they've said.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
^Dayum enoilgam edits posts fast.

seanieg89

HSC
you're just trying to justify your use of drugs, i dont really see how anyone can do that.
Whether or not I do drugs is completely irrelevant to my post. I didn't say anything positive about drug use because that was not my point, I don't want to go there on this forum, and I do not care what you think about any habit you think I have.

HalcyonSky

HSC
the majority of drugs are safer than alcohol if you do your research and test the purity of your product, then learn how to extract it from the junk

drugs can teach a man alot about himself, whether it be good or bad news is down to the individual

i feel alot of people who refuse to do any sort of drugs are hiding away their true selves

Okashi

HSC
Anyone who takes drugs should be denied entry to public hospitals. You screw up your health and then want to screw up everybody else who actually need help. Sorry mate. Game over.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol at people who spend over 55 hours playing bos arcade games.
LOL, you aint bout diz lyfe mang, i'll wreck ya

How is anything they said remotely objectionable?

I mean I really fucking hate drugs and druggies immensely but that post is entirely reasonable and I don't think you can even assume whether or not the poster even does drugs based on what they've said.
maybe we should ask him, bet he will say he regularly is on drugs

Lollolololo

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"

-Mike Tyson

"it's good to know how to read, but it's dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you're reading"

-Mike Tyson

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I have mixed thoughts on the topic, having watched a close family member slowly destroy themselves on opiates over the past ten or so years.

It's very sad, but the fact of the matter is that most people who take recreational drugs do not experience this sort of destructive addiction (in this country anyway).

I do find it interesting that the most negative reaction i have ever had to any sort of drug was to prescribed medication. I am convinced i would have caused harm to myself had i continued taking it.

seanieg89

HSC
Anyone who takes drugs should be denied entry to public hospitals. You screw up your health and then want to screw up everybody else who actually need help. Sorry mate. Game over.
So where do you draw this line?

Is alcohol acceptable?

Are prescription drugs acceptable?

Is Panadol acceptable?

Are research chemicals in a legal grey area acceptable?

What is the issue here, legality of the substance in question or potential to damage the body?

Frostbitten

HSC
Anyone who drives a vehicle should be denied entry to public hospitals. You screw up on your health in collisions knowing full well it can happen and then want to screw up everybody else who actually need help. Sorry mate. Game over.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Really unfortunate, can't imagine how his friends and family feel :(

Reminds me of some 1960s propaganda video i've seen before where someone jumps out of a building after taking LSD.

Just curious though, would anyone here blame the alcohol and call for it to be banned if someone did something foolish (i.e. crossing road and getting run over, leaning over tall balcony) while drunk?
I know a guy that got drunk, jumped of a balcony and is now paralysed. Nobody mentioned that he was an idiot for doing that, it was just described as an "awful tragedy" etc.
The morbidly obese should also be denied entry to public hospitals

(srs)

I don't have a problem with recreational drug use, but when it takes over your life there's obviously something wrong. I have friends that struggle to sleep if they don't smoke a joint before bed and that's just fucked.

Also, the people who only ever talk about how drugs are so good and how they do no harm whatsoever to society (I don't think anyone here would argue that they don't have SOME negative effects) are just annoying. I'm happy to have a conversation about drugs but fuck, there's more to the world than getting high and when that's all you ever contribute to a conversation you should seriously reassess your life.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
My dad used to work for a large company which manufactured various household cleaning products etc.

They used to have people regularly break in and steal things like washing powder from the factory.

When the police eventually caught up with the people who had been regularly stealing it, it turned out they were using the things like washing powder to manufacture drugs and sell it on. Not only did you get the delicious taste of washing powder, they were also getting rat poisons and other shit in their bodies.

Never have and never will do drugs, especially this all came to light at his work. I still can't believe people would be willing to put shit like washing powder in their bodies. Even if you taught it was real, how could it possibly be worth the risk?

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
Lol at you guys needing to do drugs to cope with existing in dis lyfe. u aint bout diz lyf.
lol at you needing church and sky wizards to cope with existing in dis lyfe. u aint bout diz lyf.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I just don't think they should not be given precedence over others.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
ABC said:
Temporary ban of synthetic drugs begins in NSW following death of Henry Kwan

The New South Wales Government is banning the sale of 18 synthetic drugs for 90 days following the death of a Sydney teenager.

Synthetic drugs have come under scrutiny after 17-year-old student Henry Kwan jumped off a balcony while allegedly under the influence of a drug that mimics LSD.

The ban applies to a range of drugs that mimic the effects of illegal drugs like cannabis, cocaine and methamphetamine.

The NSW Minister for Fair Trading Anthony Roberts wants the ban to be made permanent and nationwide.

"Federal Government support in this case is crucial," he said.

Mr Roberts says the next step is to approach the Federal Health Minister and Assistant Treasurer.

"We can take these products off the shelves for 90 days but I am hoping that the Federal Government will come in behind us and assist us," he said.

"This has to be a whole of government and jurisdictional approach to this scourge."

Retailers have until Tuesday to clear their shelves of synthetic drugs or face fines of up to $1.1 million.

"It is not acceptable for you to continue selling these products that cause harm," said Mr Roberts.

Mr Roberts says a record number of officers will be deployed on Tuesday to enforce the interim ban.

"We will see the largest taskforce in the Commonwealth's history in this area actually going out into the field," he said.

"There will be over a 150 officers deployed this week, to go out to retailers to remove these products, to fine retailers, to search and seize and to apply the full force of the law."

Mixed response to short-term ban

The Australian Drug Foundation said an interim ban is a positive move but it is not a solution.

CEO John Rogerson said the Federal Government should treat synthetic drugs like other products that require approval from the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

"I don't think we going to be able to ban our way out of this problem," he said.

"They need to be taken off the market immediately and then they need to come back on the market once the producers and the resellers can show these products are safe.

"We've got to stop mucking around with these drugs now."

Henry Kwan's father Stephen says he supports the ban and hopes it will prevent similar tragedies in the future.

"I think it will help a lot of others because it's a tragedy for us, but we don't want this tragedy to happen to other families."

But some retail groups do not believe the ban will work.

Robbie Swan from the adult and entertainment group Eros Association says synthetic drugs should be regulated instead.

"They can look at the packet and say it was manufactured here, it was manufacture on this date, it's got this in it," he said.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-09/nsw-introduces-interim-ban-on-some-synthetic-drugs/4742394

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Obesity is a choice why don't we bar fatties while we're at it? Alcoholism is a choice why don't we bar alcoholics while we're at it? Suicide is a choice why don't we bar suicides while we're at it? Drink driving is a choice why don't we bar drunk drivers while we're at it?

A public health system does not have the option of turning away people because their injuries are caused by personally destructive behaviour, nor should it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)