Don't Ever Do Drugs (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Oh I'm sorry the thread title of "Don't Ever Do Drugs" kinda implies that the OP is telling people to never do something
I guess i'm using "driving" in the context of living, and you mean it in terms of using drugs.

What's wrong with telling people not to do drugs though?
That's because you also have nfi what you're talking about.
I haven't said anything that I don't understand yet though. LOL.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm only urging youngsters on BoS to stay away from drugs; I wasn't thinking of alcohol although, for this I'd urge moderation. But look we live in a democratic society. On has the freedom to do stupid things. As you sow, so shall you reap. Up to you. I'm just urging young people here to be sensible. I have no desire to engage in a debate about what being "sensible" means.
don't ever do drugs, except alcohol that's cool

s_lide

HSC
N/A
more harm has come to society from the enforcement of drug prohibition than from its recreational usage.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If drugs are used for medical purposes, I do not object to it's use, for example painkillers to ease a patient's journey to the hospital.

On the other hand, teenagers should not simply use drugs for fun or to relieve peer pressure (especially at a party or concert). One pill or sniff is all it takes to get hooked.
Is this seriously what kids in school are taught? jesus christ this country
Really unfortunate, can't imagine how his friends and family feel :(

Reminds me of some 1960s propaganda video i've seen before where someone jumps out of a building after taking LSD.

Just curious though, would anyone here blame the alcohol and call for it to be banned if someone did something foolish (i.e. crossing road and getting run over, leaning over tall balcony) while drunk?
no they wouldn't because anyone arguing against drugs has this ridiculous cognitive dissonance of "drugs are bad oh wait except for the drugs the government told me are ok to do"
You have no idea what you're talking about and shouldn't be listened to by anyone in any regard.

Some drugs are a lot of fun, it's really the way to go imo.

Lol at people who don't ingest novel synthetic hallucinogens produced in unknown chinese labs, and procede to sit very still in a darkened room listening to brian eno for 6 hours, you are living a pathetic ersatz existence.
yes
When you take a drug of any sort, you should be aware that there are dangers involved. Especially so when the drug is illegal and you bought it off the net. Even if it was real LSD, there's a chance it could trigger serious health problems, and he should have been aware of these issues. If you're not at least considering that an illegal pill you buy from a stranger could have a terrible impact on your life, then you are partly to blame for what happens when you take it.

I don't think he needs to "live with the consequences", but I think it's unreasonable to portray him as a victim of synthetic drug companies. It's not like someone slipped it into his drink. He made a bad decision and it's tragic, and of course society could improve itself in regards to drugs from an educational and criminal point of view. But he made a choice. If he was aware of the risks and did it anyway, then it's partly his fault. If he was not aware of the risks, then it's also partly his fault for taking a drug without knowledge of what could happen.
yes

s_lide

HSC
N/A
for example, the THC content in marijuana is about ten times more potent than it was in the 1970s, because drug enforcement authorities have necessitated the breeding of higher potencies to gain better street prices which would not exist if it wasn't illegal to begin with.

Similarly, in the 1920s, cocktails containing hard liquor became more mainstream by the 1950s because it was more profitable to illegally bootleg alcohol with a higher ethanol content.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
for example, the THC content in marijuana is about ten times more potent than it was in the 1970s, because drug enforcement authorities have necessitated the breeding of higher potencies to gain better street prices which would not exist if it wasn't illegal to begin with.
I'm not sure about that. In some of the US with legalised medical marijuana don't they also sell strains with really high THC levels? (which is actually counter intuitive for the supposed medical benefits, just saying)

s_lide

HSC
N/A
it was really cracked down upon in the late 1960s onwards, so im saying those strains have come about as a result of that.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
you mean don't abuse drugs.

i take dexamphetamine regularly for my adhd and I'm doing ok

except for that time where I took 4 times my prescribed dose and had a mental breakdown.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Don't ever do drugs*

*except for medically prescribed drugs ( excluding off label recreational use of those same substances, for some reason), otc pharmaceuticals, recreational drugs approved for public consumption by government (including where those particular drugs are the greatest public health problem in society), novel analogues existing in a legal gray area, profoundly psychoactive chemicals contained in every day household foods and products, substances necessary for the basic functioning of life, the seething cocktail of endogenous chemicals in every human, native plants and grasses traditionally used by indigenous people, etc

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol at you guys needing to do drugs to cope with existing in dis lyfe. u aint bout diz lyf.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Don't ever do drugs*

*except for medically prescribed drugs ( excluding off label recreational use of those same substances, for some reason), otc pharmaceuticals, recreational drugs approved for public consumption by government (including where those particular drugs are the greatest public health problem in society), novel analogues existing in a legal gray area, profoundly psychoactive chemicals contained in every day household foods and products, substances necessary for the basic functioning of life, the seething cocktail of endogenous chemicals in every human, native plants and grasses traditionally used by indigenous people, etc
you're asking the guy with adhd to read the fine prints....

seanieg89

HSC
What's wrong with telling people not to do drugs though?
Telling anyone not to do something with the air that you know better than them about the risks and/or rewards involved is massively condescending. Along with many other people in this thread, my main issue is with people who don't actually know what they are talking about getting affected by a few media shock tactics and starting their own verbal crusade on drugs / whatever.

Yes, it is a tragic accident and my condolences go out to his family/friends, but people need to use their eyes and ears less and their brain more when they listen to the coverage of these sorts of things. If your point of view is that people shouldn't do drugs, that is perfectly fine, but telling people what do do (as opposed to offering some advice based on more concrete FACTS) from the bandwagon is not okay with me.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Telling anyone not to do something with the air that you know better than them about the risks and/or rewards involved is massively condescending. Along with many other people in this thread, my main issue is with people who don't actually know what they are talking about getting affected by a few media shock tactics and starting their own verbal crusade on drugs / whatever.

Yes, it is a tragic accident and my condolences go out to his family/friends, but people need to use their eyes and ears less and their brain more when they listen to the coverage of these sorts of things. If your point of view is that people shouldn't do drugs, that is perfectly fine, but telling people what do do (as opposed to offering some advice based on more concrete FACTS) from the bandwagon is not okay with me.
you're just trying to justify your use of drugs, i dont really see how anyone can do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)