Does undergraduate dentistry exist in Australia? (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
Are there are undergraduate university courses in Australia which qualify you as a dentist? What are they called and what universities offer them? Or is dentistry only offered as a postgraduate course?

Thank you.

lifequest

HSC
There are still about half a dozen undergraduate Dental schools in Australia.
However, you'd need to lift up your "ATAR AIM" if you wish to get in.

Here's a list of many Undergraduate courses in Australia
Here try this method of research, it works for a lot of people:
CLICK HERE

Best of luck.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Are there are undergraduate university courses in Australia which qualify you as a dentist? What are they called and what universities offer them? Or is dentistry only offered as a postgraduate course?

Thank you.
Dentistry can be an undergraduate course. Just look up the universities and see if they have a faculty of Dentistry.

Schoey93

HSC
There are still about half a dozen undergraduate Dental schools in Australia.
However, you'd need to lift up your "ATAR AIM" if you wish to get in.

Here's a list of many Undergraduate courses in Australia
Here try this method of research, it works for a lot of people:
CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
What is the ATAR cut off for undergraduate dentistry?

lifequest

HSC
I only know of La Trobe as most other universities do not publish ATAR requirements (hard to since many factors play a role i.e. UMAT).

However, at La Trobe:
2009:
1st Round cut-off 99.70

2010:
1st Round cut-off 99.40

Note also that MOST (maybe all) universities require the following pre-requisites:
35 English
AND
35 in Biology or 35 in Chemistry

If you do not have the pre-requisites, you will not be considered regardless of your ATAR performance or UMAT.

Dosu

HSC
N/A
I only know of La Trobe as most other universities do not publish ATAR requirements (hard to since many factors play a role i.e. UMAT).

However, at La Trobe:
2009:
1st Round cut-off 99.70

2010:
1st Round cut-off 99.40

Note also that MOST (maybe all) universities require the following pre-requisites:
35 English
AND
35 in Biology or 35 in Chemistry

If you do not have the pre-requisites, you will not be considered regardless of your ATAR performance or UMAT.
lol not all dental schools are like la trobe in that they just require a really really high TER

but yes, your ATAR aim should be at least ~97. however i know plenty of people who got into griffith uni dent with 80-95 ATAR

lifequest

HSC
lol not all dental schools are like la trobe in that they just require a really really high TER

but yes, your ATAR aim should be at least ~97. however i know plenty of people who got into griffith uni dent with 80-95 ATAR
They're outliers. I know 2 student in our course with less than 90's. But come-on, they were rural entry.
Have to be realistic around here.

I still have a devastated friend with 99.15 (last year) and is now doing optometry. She still cries about not making it into LTU's Dentistry course a YEAR later.

Dosu

HSC
N/A
They're outliers. I know 2 student in our course with less than 90's. But come-on, they were rural entry.
Have to be realistic around here.

I still have a devastated friend with 99.15 (last year) and is now doing optometry. She still cries about not making it into LTU's Dentistry course a YEAR later.
i know plenty of people in dent with ~97. had your friend sat the UMAT and applied everywhere, they would probably be in dent now.

paula91

HSC
hi
lifequest
just wondering..i didnt get into ltu dentistry this year...is it possible to complete first year bach of physio and then transfer into dent? or do u know any other pathways i could take to get into dent?
sent a vist. message thingy but dont think u check those

thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)