Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Progressive

HSC
Belief in the existence of god is theism, the conviction that no such being exists is atheism, the view there is no conclusive evidence to decide wether god exists or not is agnosticism, an identification of god with the physical universe is pantheism, the belief that god is within everything (but not simply identified with the physical universe) is panentheism, the idea of an external designer God who created the world, but is not immanent within it, is deism.

Everything has a cause, every cause it self has a cause, but you cannot have an infinite number if causes, therefore there must be an uncaused cause, which casues everything to happen without itself being caused by anything else. Such an uncaused cause is what people understand by god.

All the parts of your body work together. If you had no lungs, you could not breathe, and the rest of your bady would fail for lack of oxygen. Does this imply a careful designer?
Everything is as it is
If anything were different, everything would be different
Everything contributes to everything else
If everything else were different, everything would contribute differently.
Therefore an argument from design works only in retrospect.

The cosmological and design arguments suggest that there are features of the world which lead the mind to that which goes beyond experiance: What is the cause of everything? Why is the world as it is?

The moral argument suggests that we all have an intuition of god (along with freedom and immortality) every tim we experiance a sense of abolute moral obligation

Even if these arguments are not conclusive, they do indicate the sort of thing a religious person is thinking about when he or she uses the word 'god'

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
My personal opinion is who cares?

People 'pray to God' all the time. Does it prevent disasters happening? Will it prevent you from dying? No, it won't. That is called fate, and no amount of praying lets you influence that.

All religion is a waste of time.

Astartes

HSC
If God exist, wouldn't the world be or be very close to being paradise?

HSC
I was just thinking while washing bread racks at work today, God would have to be a fucking arsehole to send people to hell really.

Gerald10

HSC
I think whatashotbyseve was trying to say that on earth 'god's work must truly be our own' - JFK

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I think whatashotbyseve was trying to say that on earth 'god's work must truly be our own' - JFK
Something like that. Obviously I am atheist, but for those who believe in God, he is not going to bail you out by praying. You make your own way in this world. Fate, good or bad, is not something your God can influence. Nothing is ever in God's hands. Only yours.

Gerald10

HSC
I was just thinking while washing bread racks at work today, God would have to be a fucking arsehole to send people to hell really.
The real problem is that he sacrificed his only son causing that son immense pain in order to achieve something he could have done regardless considering his limitless power.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
The real problem is that he sacrificed his only son causing that son immense pain in order to achieve something he could have done regardless considering his limitless power.
Apparently that was actually just him. In cognito

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
OOOO so he cause himself immense pain to achieve something he could have done anyway. Thats just weird then.
Try reading the Bible sometime. That shit's like a 10 year-old got high and tried to write a coherent novel.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The fuck sticky this shit

This page of postings is garbage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)