Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

a c

HSC
Ofcourse there are always new questions in my mind but you can only question something to a certain point.
What does that even mean.

Why is there a limit upon how much questioning you can do? What exactly is the limit, where do you draw the line?

Wentworth

HSC
if god exists then why am I still fat, ugly and lonely? Actually,he might exist, I have wicked dota skills...

thrillkiller

HSC
What does that even mean.

Why is there a limit upon how much questioning you can do? What exactly is the limit, where do you draw the line?
I mean if you are constantly questioning something then you don't believe in it.

You need to draw the line somewhere because then you could question every single around you. Its endless

IamBread

HSC
Yeah thats why I left it but im starting to think maybe the benefits outweigh the losses
What are the benefits?
Ofcourse there are always new questions in my mind but you can only question something to a certain point.
You should be able to question everything as far as you want. There should never be a limit.

a c

HSC
You're not constantly questioning 24/7.

You're just questioning when you receive new evidence, or new ideas. You're not receiving new evidence or perspectives all the time.

Questioning doesn't mean you change your beliefs constantly. If your beliefs are good, rational, and well founded, questioning reinforces your beliefs

I would say you only really believe something if it stands up to scrutiny and survives questioning. If you don't question something thoroughly, you place a limit upon the depth of your quesitoning or don't seriously evaluate other theories, because you think it might change your beliefs, then you have a problem.

thrillkiller

HSC
What are the benefits?

You should be able to question everything as far as you want. There should never be a limit.
living forever, gaining Gods favour
You're not constantly questioning 24/7.

You're just questioning when you receive new evidence, or new ideas. You're not receiving new evidence or perspectives all the time.

Questioning doesn't mean you change your beliefs constantly. If your beliefs are good, rational, and well founded, questioning reinforces your beliefs

I would say you only really believe something if it stands up to scrutiny and survives questioning. If you don't question something thoroughly, you place a limit upon the depth of your quesitoning or don't seriously evaluate other theories, because you think it might change your beliefs, then you have a problem.
Well I havent received any new evidence or ideas that have made me think that what i believe is wrong so thats why i still believe what i believe

IamBread

HSC
living forever, gaining Gods favour
Ah ok those kind of benefits.
I don't know if you know this or not, but the Jehovah's Witness religion was founded ~150 years ago, a long time after any of the biblical events had occurred. What makes you think that that religion is more correct over the others when it was founded such a long time after?

Last edited:

thrillkiller

HSC
It's the benefits based on faith, rather then the benefits you get within your life.
I do get benefits in my life. Loving family and friends who support me etc my life is basically the same with or without religion to be honest like there are no drastic changes so i dont feel like im missing out on anything

and yes i am aware of the origins of the religion.

I think its more correct because its the only religion that actually follows the bible and every law they have is based on bible. The people are united and they actually put God first as a priority in their lives and its the only religion that actually gives a real hope for the future

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
What if your just trolling? Or that you just want to prove everybody wrong?

No.

It's not like Science, science and religion never mix well together, sure you get these scientists who are faithful to a certain religion, but they end up making their own theories and thus creates more confusion. You sir, need to work on your arguments :(
Yep...

IamBread

HSC
I do get benefits in my life. Loving family and friends who support me etc my life is basically the same with or without religion to be honest like there are no drastic changes so i dont feel like im missing out on anything

I think its more correct because its the only religion that actually follows the bible and every law they have is based on bible. The people are united and they actually put God first as a priority in their lives and its the only religion that actually gives a real hope for the future
But it is based on an interpretation of the bible, so you don't know if it is true or not.
When you say they put God as a first priority in their lives, you mean above everything else, even themselves?

qawe

HSC
N/A
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, what do you read from?
NKJV
I have serious reservations about JW but I dont think this would be an appropriate place to expound on this, nor counter your false arguments that yours is the only religion that follows the Bible. (ie by not commenting on them, I am not approving ur assertions)

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC

i think you'll find that almost every religion promises a good afterlife for the good and a shit one for the bad, its like santa clause for adults. also do u honestly believe that god created everything over evolution even though theres solid evidence for evolution

thrillkiller

HSC
But it is based on an interpretation of the bible, so you don't know if it is true or not.
When you say they put God as a first priority in their lives, you mean above everything else, even themselves?
i know but its not like they wrote a completely different thing from the bible. I like what this religion teaches and im happy with it. thats enough for me. and yes above everything.
NKJV
I have serious reservations about JW but I dont think this would be an appropriate place to expound on this, nor counter your false arguments that yours is the only religion that follows the Bible. (ie by not commenting on them, I am not approving ur assertions)
ok agree to disagree then
i think you'll find that almost every religion promises a good afterlife for the good and a shit one for the bad, its like santa clause for adults. also do u honestly believe that god created everything over evolution even though theres solid evidence for evolution
yes

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Looking at the poll results, I find it surprising that more people (claim to) believe in God than don't (571 vs. 566).

thrillkiller

HSC
so rather than to question why the evidence for something you dont believe in is greater than the your own belief, you just disregard that fact because it makes life easier....how do you live with yourself ??
Even if things evolve i believe that God originally created the world and the things in it ok why is your world turning upside down because of that

and how do you know the evidence of evolution is greater then why i believe in God. dont assume

RANK 1

HSC
Even if things evolve i believe that God originally created the world and the things in it ok why is your world turning upside down because of that

and how do you know the evidence of evolution is greater then why i believe in God. dont assume
i know the evidence is greater because theres been experiments on it where they separated the same species of fish into two different environments, one is their normal one and the other is in some pitch black cave, after a few generations the one's in the cave turned virtually blind and white but developed superior hearing and smell etc and hence evolved to adapt to a new environment. also i was referring to your belief that evolution is wrong

my world isnt turning upside down im just amazed how someone can go through life without ever questioning what they've been told and accepting that as the ultimate truth because it makes their life simpler

thrillkiller

HSC
i know the evidence is greater because theres been experiments on it where they separated the same species of fish into two different environments, one is their normal one and the other is in some pitch black cave, after a few generations the one's in the cave turned virtually blind and white but developed superior hearing and smell etc and hence evolved to adapt to a new environment. also i was referring to your belief that evolution is wrong

my world isnt turning upside down im just amazed how someone can go through life without ever questioning what they've been told and accepting that as the ultimate truth because it makes their life simpler
i do believe in that! i thought you meant that we all came from one cell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)