Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
inasero said:
if you were God, would you not want people to love you out of their own free will and not just because they didn't know any other way? of course it must have been a really tough decision knowing that mankind was going to sin anyway, but going on the fact that we're here I'm guessing that God thought we were worth the effort.
Free will? Love? Are these not manmade constructs?

Were 'God' truly omnipotent and omniscient he would be quite capable of creating whatever social constructs he desired which achieved perfection in any sphere he desired. He would have no conception nor requirement of the idea of compromise.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
He tortured the man as a bet with the devil.

That is one of the scenes that identified how incredibly stupid and man made the abrahamic god is.

Yawn, this is going in circles because none of you will listen to reason.
God is reason.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
He's not even REASONABLE. Both as a concept and how the abrahamic god is portrayed.

Ick.
God is reasonable because God said so. :p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Slidey said:
Free will? Love? Are these not manmade constructs?

Were 'God' truly omnipotent and omniscient he would be quite capable of creating whatever social constructs he desired which achieved perfection in any sphere he desired. He would have no conception nor requirement of the idea of compromise.
God is love. Since God created humans in His image I believe we're born with certain values, not least of which is love for one another. Now I don't profess understand God's purposes, but I'd guess that this is a reflection of the mind of God as a personal God who is interested in building and maintaining relationships. As for free will, I'm not sure where that fits in but I'll posit the question- is it possible to love someone, or something because you don't know any other way.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
He's not even REASONABLE. Both as a concept and how the abrahamic god is portrayed.

Ick.
that is your opinion God is reasonable. it is all our fault taht you think he is unreasonable.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Ja, we are all born with set values that never change as we grow. Experience does not fit into the equation of shaping a personality at all.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Schroedinger said:
He tortured the man as a bet with the devil.

That is one of the scenes that identified how incredibly stupid and man made the abrahamic god is.

Yawn, this is going in circles because none of you will listen to reason.
If you read into Job you'll realise that another purpose was to develop Job's faith in him, and that it wasn't actually God that tortured Job, but Satan that did so.

God is entirely reasonable and not only that, but also merciful (not giving us what we deserve) and gracious (blessing us with what we don't deserve).

Who are we to question God's plans and purposes? Our petty and shortsighted thoughts can never compare with his foresight and wisdom- he's on a whole different playing field and it's so absurd for us to even begin criticizing God for the way he works.

Isaiah 55:9 said:
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Later today, I will post all of the ridiculous arguments you guys have made in an attempt to explain God.

Just not right now. I'm sick and I need porridge.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Snaykew said:
Ja, we are all born with set values that never change as we grow. Experience does not fit into the equation of shaping a personality at all.
Did you mean to say it's your values which never change? Cos I do believe personality does change...through many small experiences, through important events in our lives, medical illness, maturity....many things.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
inasero said:
Who are we to question God's plans and purposes? Our petty and shortsighted thoughts can never compare with his foresight and wisdom- he's on a whole different playing field and it's so absurd for us to even begin criticizing God for the way he works.
We are free.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Schroedinger said:
No, I'll read it and take it at face value because that means that I'm taking the bible literally.

God. Tortured.

TORTURED. AS A BET. That is INDEFENSIBLE.

I've got every damn right to question this stupid non-existent bastard

Just to make this whole idiotic game of vicissitudes make any logical sense I am stating here, clearly, that I feel Jesus' actions in the bible were motivated by Satan, and that Jesus was under the control of Satan for his entire life.
Where does it literally say in the book of Job that God tortured him? And for somebody who doesn't believe in God you seem to be raging a bit much- have I hit a raw nerve perhaps?

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Clearly Schroedinger has been sent by God to test our faith in the Almighty.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i have been with Bible veres and a healthy dose of theology. I'm sorry if the lack of scientific "evidence" doesn't cut it for you- as I explained we don't come to God after we're convinced that he empirically exists, because that would defeat the whole point of salvation

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
If you proved God exists, then that would defeat the purpose of it Christianity as a religion as it wouldn't be faith based anymore. D:

moz324

HSC
the Bible wasnt meant to be taken literally, u can see that through Jesus telling people the parables and then explaining them. it was written 2000 years ago, and applies to the culture back then. we adpot it and alter it to apply to our culture today. dont think im saying that since we are looking at it a different way to what people did 2000 years ago, it is no longer true. the ideas and principles presented in the Bible are just as relevant today as they were 2000 years ago.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
3unitz said:
stop telling us what god is, if you can't present evidence. your inner conviction is NOT evidence.
I think this was my point with the whole anal thing... as long as people in this thread are going to continue to just speak out their rectums about what 'god' is I might as well just conceive my own equally likely scenarios for what he is, imo he made us to have anal with each other and that is why we're given such a pleasurely reward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)