do you wear glasses + how much do you study for? (1 Viewer)

do you wear glasses?

• yes

Votes: 127 65.5%
  • no

Votes: 67 34.5%

• Total voters

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
the-derivative said:
That's a smart way of looking at it.

I'm hopeless without my glasses, I can't see the board proeprly at all, even sitting in the front row.
same here.
but you know what i really hate, going to a fast food resturant and being unable to read the prices (seriously, why do they have to be so high up, and tiny??)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
12o9 said:
I only wear my glasses in class =), although most of the time I forget them and end up copying the notes off my friends.
LOL - sounds about right. ;)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
the-derivative said:
I want anti-fogging stuff.
I hate wearing my glasses when I'm eating soup or something, really fogs up my glasses.
Ask you optometrist. Thats all i did i costs something like $25, buts its a spray that you put onj your lenses once a fortnight i spray per lens.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Same, i got so pissed off by that i just asked him and said yes. (its cheaper then paying for the anti-fogging lens, which don't work that well either *worst $180 i ever spent).

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
If they worked it would have been fine but know if didn't. I'm just glad i found the spray. and that i have transitions aswell cheaper then whole sunnies lol.

bettina44

HSC
the-derivative said:
I want anti-fogging stuff.
I hate wearing my glasses when I'm eating soup or something, really fogs up my glasses.
do you really need your glasses to see what your eating? can't you just take them off?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
sikhman said:
anyone wear contacts? apparently they're incredibly annoying to put on and take off and they fall out all the time....but personally i've never tried....
Oh! My friend told me about a friend of hers who wore eye contacts and was BBQing and the plastic in the contacts melted into her eye and she became blind in that eye.

So don't BBQ while wearing contacts :)

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Oh! My friend told me about a friend of hers who wore eye contacts and was BBQing and the plastic in the contacts melted into her eye and she became blind in that eye.

0.-

dayum.

short-sightedness is so annoying when you're in the back row of a comedy gig and most the comedian's gags come from facial expressions.

but in general, when i forget my glasses in class sometimes i just go and sit right in front of the board or squint really really hard.

as for studying, i do 30-50 minute blocks then go some hockey drills for 10-15 minutes. this is usually done at my most productive hours of 6pm - 11pm.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

I've done that before, and nothing happened to me.

bettina44 said:
do you really need your glasses to see what your eating? can't you just take them off?
I do take them off, but I like to eat while watching TV, so I'd prefer to have my glasses on.

Scinery

HSC
ive been wearing contacts for 2 years, but i changed to glasses 3 weeks ago

its coz now ive started experimenting with polyphasic sleep, like powernapping. i nap once after school and once after dinner, and sleep from about 3:30am to 7am. so i cant wear contacts cos its a pain to take it off and on all the time.

i mean i, like many others i hope, am addicted to procrastination in the form of msn. so i thought, rather than trying to conquer my addiction and deprive myself of the daily socioblast, i could study when everyone is offline.

i wont lie, it hasnt made life easier, it hasnt reallly made life harder though either. i can pay attention in single periods and doubles are usually practicals/videos anyway. so ive been getting better marks.

in the last 2 months or so xD

Last edited:

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Scinery said:
i mean i, like many others i hope, am addicted to procrastination in the form of msn. so i thought, rather than trying to conquer my addiction and deprive myself of the daily socioblast, i could study when everyone is offline.
thats like me

except now im on BOS

thing i love about glasses: YOU CAN TAKE THEM OFF AND PUT IT BACK ON WHENEVER YOU WANT TO

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Doctor Jolly said:

I am never going to wear contacts now.

blackglitter

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

OWWWW!!!!!!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

That BBQ must have been pretty hot to melt a contact

jellybelly59

HSC
getting new glasses this thursday.. just got a checkup and my eyes have gotten better for some reason :D i just LOLed when my parents were like "WTF? but all u do is go on the computer all day and OCCASIONALLY do some work... that optomertist must be a noob if he said your eyes have gotten better" LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)