• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

do you wear glasses + how much do you study for? (1 Viewer)

do you wear glasses?

• yes

Votes: 127 65.5%
  • no

Votes: 67 34.5%

• Total voters
L

lsam

I am a big fan of cramming. I always win that way. Cramming is the source of all my knowledge.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lsam said:
I am a big fan of cramming. I always win that way. Cramming is the source of all my knowledge.
I feel the complete opposite of you.

I hate cramming, I get stressed and I can't think.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:

O_O
how can you hate cramming??

cramming works for me :)

L

lsam

Doctor Jolly said:

What I meant by cramming is that I study heaps before exam. On normal school days, I try to understand everything, that way I don't need tio come home and study. Then during my cramming period, I memorise the notes that I make at school and remind myself of all the knowledge I absorbed earlier.

I don't need to make notes because my school notes are basically my whole notes. I only do homework and maths.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lsam said:
What I meant by cramming is that I study heaps before exam. On normal school days, I try to understand everything, that way I don't need tio come home and study. Then during my cramming period, I memorise the notes that I make at school and remind myself of all the knowledge I absorbed earlier.

I don't need to make notes because my school notes are basically my whole notes. I only do homework and maths.
I am sure you put in more work than that. :D

12o9

HSC
lsam said:
But don't you forget everything you crammed when you go into the exam =x?

L

lsam

12o9 said:
But don't you forget everything you crammed when you go into the exam =x?
Nope.

I call it cramming but it's different from that. It is the way in which I remind myself of the knowledge that I have already understood.

I already know all the contents. They are all stored in my brain. It is through cramming that I reassure myself that I know this and that.

And no, I don't forget them before the exam.

selablad

HSC
lsam said:
Nope.

I call it cramming but it's different from that. It is the way in which I remind myself of the knowledge that I have already understood.

I already know all the contents. They are all stored in my brain. It is through cramming that I reassure myself that I know this and that.

And no, I don't forget them before the exam.
Yeah, that's what I do, so I get what you mean... I do it because I'm lazy: understand everything in school, so don't need to study after school; teachers don't mark/check homework, so don't need to do homework after school = splawesomeness for me, because I have heaps of free time :D

I have the most awesome short-term memory too, which is awesome for me, because I can look over work the night before the exam and still remember it the next day... (I'm screwed when we have to remember it later on in the year, but whatever :D)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
selablad said:
Yeah, that's what I do, so I get what you mean... I do it because I'm lazy: understand everything in school, so don't need to study after school; teachers don't mark/check homework, so don't need to do homework after school = splawesomeness for me, because I have heaps of free time :D

I have the most awesome short-term memory too, which is awesome for me, because I can look over work the night before the exam and still remember it the next day... (I'm screwed when we have to remember it later on in the year, but whatever :D)
i hate cramming i forget everything and then panic, i need to learn/remember it at a pace lol, I like structure :( :)

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
marcquelle said:
i hate cramming i forget everything and then panic, i need to learn/remember it at a pace lol, I like structure :( :)
I should really study, and I have a study timetable that is actually really lenient in the amount of spare time I have, yet somehow I never get around to studying. So study time is around 1 hour every day (including weekends.)

Therefore cramming is the only thing I've ever done... so I can't comment...

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
dwarven said:
O_O
how can you hate cramming??

cramming works for me :)
it scares me because I feel unprepared.

It's sort of like that feeling you get when you're about to sit an English exam - unprepared and nervous.

studymyassoff

HSC
actually
i replace glasses with contacts
and i dont study consistantly 1 week before exams about squeesh 9 hrs

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
it scares me because I feel unprepared.

It's sort of like that feeling you get when you're about to sit an English exam - unprepared and nervous.
Just write bs and you should be fine :)
Hmm got new glasses... and I've just realised how expensive glasses really are... well mine anyway.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Hmm got new glasses... and I've just realised how expensive glasses really are... well mine anyway.[/QUOTE said:
i know what you mean i got new glasses too A WHOLE WEEKENDS PAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! and their only for reading these ones :(

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
dam 67% of users who poled, wear glasses....Dam man is this like a Nerd Forum or some shit. thats quite alot of people. i mean like if its another 3 more percent... and if 10 poeple from Boredofstudies were in a class and i was one of the 3 poeple who didnt wear glasses i would feel pretty dam awkward LOL....NOTTTTTT. i would be more like"hahahaahahah 4eyed fckers you wish you had my smexii eyes" LOL na jkz jkz. just saying its quite a lot of peple that wear glasses, thats all.

middleKNOX

HSC
I study for about 20 mins a week :( i am going to fail you guys are all nerds! not because you wear glasses but because you study so much!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)