do you wear glasses + how much do you study for? (1 Viewer)

do you wear glasses?

• yes

Votes: 127 65.5%
  • no

Votes: 67 34.5%

• Total voters

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Continuum said:
Yeah, I wear them - started during the SC. I've been told that they make no difference since they're so weak. When I put them on though, I seem to be able to concentrate more. :p Magical item perhaps?

As for study, don't really do much until exam time. I'm trying to get into the habit of studying though. :)
Probably the magic of making you feel nerdy. I know my glasses make me feel nerdy.

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
gloworm14 said:
wearing glasses makes everyone else think im nerdy
lol :) I don't think mine do.

What does all your glasses look like, mine are thick black plastic frame ones.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Devouree said:
Heh, if only that would translate into actual nerdiness... still hopeful...
I've seen you without glasses though.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
mine are black framed and on the side there is black and white horizontal stripes

eliseliselise

HSC
i'm long sighted [hyperopia?] & i've had glasses since i was 2!
but i currently alternate between contacts and a pair of red kinda thin framed ones. i think ever since harry potter became such a phenomenon; glasses have suddenly become so totally cool. like even kids who dont need glasses get those plastic funky framed ones with hearts on the side or whatever?

hum i don't normally time how long i study for. ;) but i get headaches all the time at school when the eyes have to adjust to the board, then the notebook and then repeat like 9435934392498305 times.. :(
i dont think glasses really affect studying that much, but then again.. you can't miss what you never had! ;)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't wear my glasses all the time cause my lashes hurt after a while. That is probably why they look like they've been stepped on multiple times because I keep taking them in and out of my case.

Muz4PM

HSC
eliseliselise said:
I have had glasses since I was 18 months old. I beat you. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Hey do you go 2 Blacktown Girls High School?
Why does everyone wish to find where she goes to? So far, I am like the only one who find that out. (not that I am going to reveal it, it's a secret)

Back to topic: I used to wear a glass that looks similar to Harry Potter's. I looked so nerdy back then.

shaon0

HSC
lyounamu said:
Why does everyone wish to find where she goes to? So far, I am like the only one who find that out. (not that I am going to reveal it, it's a secret)

Back to topic: I used to wear a glass that looks similar to Harry Potter's. I looked so nerdy back then.
Its like a maths problem you have to solve it yourself or ask someone who has for help or advice.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:

I know what school she goes to. If she doesnt want to reveal her school she doesnt have to?

Again back on topic...Mine are plain rectangle shaped ones... but they're thin without frames on the bottom.

agua.fuego

HSC
scaredytiger said:
im about -4.
you know, my eyes think 30cm is a very long distance.

i wear contacts most of the time. its easier to be hyper in contacts.
It is, it is... but I'd find a way to screw up contacts if I had them. Hence why my parents don't get me them.

I'm short sighted, and my glasses are stylish and purple however I don't usually see the glasses as they are hidden under something or other in my room which therefore makes them unable to be found and worn. So my eyesight's getting steadily worse.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Hey do you go 2 Blacktown Girls High School?
You have no idea how many schools fit into BGHS. Just find any suburb that begins with B. ;)
And sometimes, the "G" might stand for Grammar, instead of Girls'. As in Bankstown Grammar High School.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
lol :) I don't think mine do.

What does all your glasses look like, mine are thick black plastic frame ones.
mine are thin, flesh coloured metal - thus they blend

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
eliseliselise said:
but i currently alternate between contacts and a pair of red kinda thin framed ones. i think ever since harry potter became such a phenomenon; glasses have suddenly become so totally cool. like even kids who dont need glasses get those plastic funky framed ones with hearts on the side or whatever?

hum i don't normally time how long i study for. ;) but i get headaches all the time at school when the eyes have to adjust to the board, then the notebook and then repeat like 9435934392498305 times.. :(
i dont think glasses really affect studying that much, but then again.. you can't miss what you never had! ;)
same spesh when my sor teacher uses like size 8 on ppts, in the end i just give up and copy off friends.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
i wear glasses, im short sighted. been wearing them since I was in year 2. I take my glasses off when im studying/ reading a book, but if I forget to take them off I get headaches and all.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)