Do You Support the Death Penalty? (1 Viewer)

Do u support the death penalty

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
in my opinion everyone has the right to life and i think it is wrong to execute somebody for any crime. Also from a christian perspective i think it is Gods responsibilty to end life not ours and it is wrong to kill. I think it is too easy to kill someone i think let them rot in jail for the rest of there life.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
I don't like how people say that they are totally against capital punishment in every circumstance. It's easy to say 'oh no we don't have the right to kill' etc, but these same people would be in favour of it if it was their mother or sister that had been brutally raped and/or killed.

Dundasbro

HSC
No I don't. There are too many cases where murder convictions have been overturned to risk the execution of an innocent individual. Also doesn't look particularly good to have the state executing all the people who couldn't afford good lawyers, who will likely be minorities. Oh and capital punishment is hardly a deterrent, those who are willing to murder or rape are part of a world that is already full of risks higher than death by the state, and generally underworld style executions are a little more messy than government authorised ones, no due process and years of appeals either.

Shoubadoo

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Um, if you actually read my posts in full, you'd have found that the statistics I quoted referred to the death penalty being MORE EXPENSIVE that imprisoning someone for life, and that I never stated it would be CONVENIENT to just hang someone. Sorry, I can't make it any bigger, so if you miss that, you have major problems.

And, fyi, the morals of Australia and the morals of say, Iran are completely different, hence the different legal systems. YOu can't just liberally apply your morality to the entire world champ. That's why, IRAN has capital punishment and we don't. I'm not saying it's right (fuck, they hang people for their sexuality, which is more immoral than hanging for Crimes Against Humanity - Saddam Hussein anyone?), I'm simply pointing out that the Iranian morality (see: radical Islamic leadership) is different to our democratic system (note: Australia) in which we see "eye for an eye" as to be wrong.

The American system is divided, and this is recognised the division between states who still use capital punishment, have called a moratorium on capital punishment, and those who have outlawed it in full. Heck, America, the most democratic nation on Earth still has states using capital punishment.

Oh, and relating capital punishment to global warming is a really, really poor way to support your argument.
Agreeed.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I support the death penalty for Acts of Treason which includes but is not limited to assasination of the Prime Minister/Governor General (Even if they're Labor), members of terrorist organisations such as Hezbollah, JI, Al Queda, orchestrators of terrorism, aiding the enemy (Hezbollah, JI, Al Queda, Iran).

Because in these instances it's kill or be killed. :)

I never thought I'd support Capital Punishment - I'm a changed person.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
I support the death penalty for Acts of Treason which includes but is not limited to assasination of the Prime Minister/Governor General (Even if they're Labor), members of terrorist organisations such as Hezbollah, JI, Al Queda, IDF orchestrators of terrorism, aiding the enemy (Hezbollah, JI, Al Queda, Iran, IDF).
EFT

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:
I support the death penalty for Acts of Treason which includes but is not limited to assasination of the Prime Minister/Governor General (Even if they're Labor), members of terrorist organisations such as Hezbollah, JI, Al Queda, IDF orchestrators of terrorism, aiding the enemy (Hezbollah, JI, Al Queda, Iran, IDF).
Precisely :)

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
MaNiElla said:
Precisely :)
Instead of acknowledging the terrorists that plague your society you try and push it onto another society - typical. Let it rest, it's old and you're boring.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Instead of acknowledging the terrorists that plague your society you try and push it onto another society - typical. Let it rest, it's old and you're boring.
My society?? Do you even know anything about me? I dont think so .....

Typical, its your kind that keep throwing silly, silly accusations here and there, you know 0 info about me. But yeah....thats totally expected from someone like you :)

zstar

HSC
N/A
I oppose the reckless handing out of death sentences.

Why? You ask?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WkLHXKHb1Vc

This clip shows a case in America where a young minor was forced to confess to a crime he didn't comit and had he been older and charge with death then he may have had his life in danger.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
JaredR said:
wtf?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Dundasbro said:
No I don't. There are too many cases where murder convictions have been overturned to risk the execution of an innocent individual. .
Youve been watching too many movies son.

Aprilpeters

HSC
lol

your right i didnt bother reading the whole ting.
i understand your perspective and i didn't say that ur intellectually challeneged BECAUSE of ur perspective.

i said that, because ur comments reminded me of Joseph stalin and the time he said: kill all of them..."no man, no problem" !

oh and the global warming comparison was purely on the basis of morality.
plus i don't understand where iran came into this or america?

i said that OUR society doesn't accept it because its immoral.
iran has sharia law and like christianity and judaism its expects an eye for an eye
where as america despite being "democratic" has violated human rights on A LOT occasions

PS: im not trying to alter ur views. but you should probably look at things at a higher level than just the economic cost of things.

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
What's the ratio of African American on the death penalty to white people?
Also how many were convicted for the death penalty even though innocent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)