Do You Need To Have A Certain Amount Of PRELIM Hours For A Course? (1 Viewer)

maryjane05

HSC
My friends have been switching subjects late year 11 and I was wondering if the low hours in the courses will be an issue? I believe you don't need to do the prelim course to do the HSC course as NESA allows you to switch subjects until mid year 12?

sheppy123

HSC
no, read the NESA website. I was in the same boat as you and tried to switch subjects mid year 11, your principal will not let you. Don't waste your time on emailing your subject coordinators etc they'll say it's too late.

maryjane05

HSC
no, read the NESA website. I was in the same boat as you and tried to switch subjects mid year 11, your principal will not let you. Don't waste your time on emailing your subject coordinators etc they'll say it's too late.

He has let other students do the same this week.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
My friends have been switching subjects late year 11 and I was wondering if the low hours in the courses will be an issue? I believe you don't need to do the prelim course to do the HSC course as NESA allows you to switch subjects until mid year 12?
I don't recommend switching subjects unless you're struggling with it, which in that case you should drop in year 12 since you're doing 6 subjects. It's your choice, but I don't recommend it since year 11 work will most likely be relevant to some extent of the hsc examination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)