Do you go tutoring? (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Nope. Some of us lucky ones get by on our good looks, natural intelligence and easy charm.

In all seriousness, though, no. Last year I was contemplating getting a Maths tutor because I had a dismal teacher and was getting 20% in my exams, but since I was planning on dropping the subject anyway I decided my parents better save their money and waste it on other things more beneficial to me, like clothes and movie tickets. :D And I ended up getting a Band 5 in the SC, which probably says more about how much of a joke the SC is than my mathematical talent, but the point is still there....

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
nope

I don't really need it. Plus at my school, if you're falling behind in a subject you book 'tutorials' with that teacher, which is basically one-on-one tutoring with the actual teacher.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
We don't have those at normal high schools.

Zephyrio

HSC
Oh really?

I'd really like to have that. But then if I'm behind due to being somewhere else like debating and whatev, usually the teacher pulls me aside during class to explain. Otherwise, I just catch up by copying a friend's book.

Anyway.

Cccclaire! I really like Little Miss Sunshine too! It's such a cool movie. =D

cccclaire

HSC
simonloo said:
We don't have those at normal high schools.
yeh, we're a special school =]

actually that makes us sound like a retard school, which isn't the case.

Zephyrio said:
Cccclaire! I really like Little Miss Sunshine too! It's such a cool movie. =D
yes it is.
and you don't have to call me cccclaire, its claire.

HSC
cccclaire said:
nope

I don't really need it. Plus at my school, if you're falling behind in a subject you book 'tutorials' with that teacher, which is basically one-on-one tutoring with the actual teacher.
My maths teacher does that, thankfully. Otherwise I'd be failing dismally. But other than that, I don't do actual tutoring or coaching. I see the merits in it, but personally feel that for me its not neccessary

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
* nodds *

I'd so love like tutorials at my school because I am in need of some, although we are starting one for engineering - the upcoming monday actually. For me, without tutoring, I don't think I'd be in the maths ext. class. With the first few topics it was expected that we all SHOULD have known them already so we weren't really taught it. Maths tutor has has the biggest influence on me.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I also find having study groups with my friends also help with reinforcing the concepts of certain subjects, and accelerating elsewhere.

Le3sah

HSC
Yep -_-
...I'm not sure if its even working.
I know a lot of people find tutoring a waste of time..it's basically more work on top of your school work.

Anyway i'm just curious ... if you do go to tutoring how much does it cost?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I just started going at the beginning of this year for Maths 2U and 3U.

Anyway i'm just curious ... if you do go to tutoring how much does it cost?
It's about $33 an hour for me. 2U class has 3 people including myself, 3U class only has one other person in it.

:eek:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Faytle said:
It's about $33 an hour for me. 2U class has 3 people including myself, 3U class only has one other person in it.
That is insane. How big is your school?

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Jachie said:
That is insane. How big is your school?
Ohh I'm referring to my tutoring classes, like undalay said!

James747

HSC
I go tutoring for maths.
I find most people go tutoring not cuz they want to, but rather cuz their nerdy mums or dads force them to. (thankfully im not one of them) They go there just to satisfy their parents, sitting there and, for some, sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)