Did You Make It To Selective Schools? (1 Viewer)

Did You Make It To Selective Schools?

• Yes

Votes: 117 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • I didn't apply

Votes: 38 20.5%

• Total voters

esstown

HSC
hmm i think there is a significant difference.
sure there are kids in non-selective schools that achieve but it would be only a small percentage in relation to the amount of students in selective schools that achieve.

From observing my friends and their lifestyles, I wouldn't put it down to being a nerd or anything like that. Its moreso the students in the selective schools and those in non-selective schools whom are achieving tend to have more balanced lives/utilise their time wisely.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i made it to caringbah high school on reserve list. i didnt really want to go at the start haha. but its really good =]

smile=D=D=D

HSC
yep made it, but its not in the fully high ranks or anything

and actually i reckn there is a difference, cos going to an half selective school, our marks are a LOT higher than the non-selectives, but there are still a few acheivers in the community side, just not as much

but i guess it depends on location and most importantly, individual response i thnk...

hey is it true that you get scaled up or down in HSC depending on school ranking, like if going to hurlstone or james ruse will scale you up or something???
cos that would totally suck ><

suzlee

HSC
smile=D=D=D said:

and actually i reckn there is a difference, cos going to an half selective school, our marks are a LOT higher than the non-selectives, but there are still a few acheivers in the community side, just not as much

but i guess it depends on location and most importantly, individual response i thnk...

hey is it true that you get scaled up or down in HSC depending on school ranking, like if going to hurlstone or james ruse will scale you up or something???

Nope, completely irrelevant :cool:

studentcheese

HSC
Yeah, and I went. Of course people from non selective can get good UAIs but only a small proportion. LOL, some people from selective don't even get 60s.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
made it straight in in year seven but got offered a scholarship to a private school, so took that instead.

left the private school last year because of too much distance and went back to the selective.

the private school was so much better as a school.

Laryxle

HSC
I got into a couple in year 7 but I also got offered a full scholarship to a very competitive academic private school, but ended up going to a different private school where I'm happier than I think I would have been at any of the other schools.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Funny story
I bombed out on my selective test and the best I got was a Reserve C to Normo ==;;
So I just went to Ryde Secondary College (which has 2 classes out of 6 each year which is selective)
Obviously I was the non-selective side
In year 10, I got caught jigging(multiple times) and in an interview with the head teacher and my mum, the head teacher offered to move me up to Selective for 'motivation'

That is the story of me making it to a selective school

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

There are only about fifty other threads addressing this question, jeez. :)

kkyle

HSC
I'm country NSW so there isn't any option for selective schooling. We gain +5 to our UAI's as a bonus for our location but that feels rather cheap when I'm aiming for high 90s.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
didn't make it in
wanted to get into north sydney girls
too dumb

and plus why would non selective people go on a site like this?
only smart people/ nerds go on sites like this, with no life
and work out convenient ways to study
or those people who didn't ... "like me"
and what to know how to get in.

to be honest i got into a partially selective school
but who'd call them selective?

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
didn't make it in
wanted to get into north sydney girls
too dumb

and plus why would non selective people go on a site like this?
only smart people/ nerds go on sites like this, with no life
and work out convenient ways to study
or those people who didn't ... "like me"
and what to know how to get in.

to be honest i got into a partially selective school
but who'd call them selective?
dun feel dumb i didn even get reserve for normanhurst =[[[[
I FELT MEGA DUMB and my parents V unhappy...

Lukybear

HSC
Dw, i didnt even make to sydney tech's reserve...

Buts it different now, we're more intelligent and dont need those selective people. As long as we have moderate teachers we are good.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Made it in Year 6.
Declined.
Never applied again.
Heh. :|

I'm okay with my decisions however a lot of my friends got accepted this year which made me feel slightly regretful about my choice of not applying but what can you do. My school is pretty good for the subjects I want to do in Senior school anyway.
I am very thankful to transfer out of a selective school a while back.
What a crock of shit.
It was worth less than my local.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)