Cssa (1 Viewer)

camlav

HSC
Are you all completely serious?
The 4 marks from that text were practically given away. First one was simple comprehension, to prepare you for the second.
Title of the poem was 'boat people'. And what do we know about boat people? They aren't Scottish, Irish or English. Well, nowadays not. And as someone stated here before, we use with aerial surveillance and guns for boat people, and ironically, we once were those same boat people.

Winrar.

Now to go fail the Modules.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
Ok, I'm here to make everyone feel better. My story was 2 pages, and I've since realised that the link to the stimulus may be a little unclear. I was not ready for the essay question and so I wrote 3 pages of absolute nonsensical crap (and I didn't finish). And I didn't do the 5 marker of Section 1.

In conclusion, kill me.

LOL! :haha:

icola

HSC
Are you all completely serious?
The 4 marks from that text were practically given away. First one was simple comprehension, to prepare you for the second.
Title of the poem was 'boat people'. And what do we know about boat people? They aren't Scottish, Irish or English. Well, nowadays not. And as someone stated here before, we use with aerial surveillance and guns for boat people, and ironically, we once were those same boat people.

Winrar.

Now to go fail the Modules.

So you didn't include anything about the Indigenous people? I think you're right, but I think there were also other ironic parts of the poem as well.

astroe

HSC
Arrrghhhhhh...

I really didn't like the way I answered Question 3, and Question 2 was a bit vague in a sense. I wrote the intro, a powerful ending and had to fill all the holes in the middle.

As for Question 1, I think I did what I normally do, just go on and on and on about the texts in relation to the question so I must have lost time here for sure.

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
I thought CSSA was relatively easy. I had a pre-written CW and basic essay structure that I just adapted to the questions. The poem was quite shit though, as was the five mark. Pretty much just bullshitted my way through. I wrote 5/6/8 in the end, pretty happy with that. Modules is going to be so bad though. I am kinda hoping we don't get three essays, rather a speech or an interview or feature article as well. I am going to be so sick of essays by the end of the two weeks!

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
not feeling confident about the exam but i think i did well enough, really liked the stimulus for Q 2 though so easy to intergrate into a pre prepared CW. I dont even remember what i wrote for everything because you have to move so quickly in only the exam went 15 mins longer

yibbon

HSC
N/A
Not a bad paper, wasn't very difficult. The explanation of irony was a tougher question then I thought to answer, but the other Q's were fine. Wrote 12 pages in total, botched most of the essay but did a really sweet creative!

truestar92

HSC
yeah i dont think cssa paper 1 was bad at all i liked the essay question and the creative section but OMG that poem was annoying what the hell??

HSC
Was the question 'Where did the boat people come from?' a trick question? It seemed way too easy.
Lol yeah after I read that question I went back and re-read it to make sure it wasn't a trick question.

With the irony I don't get this:
And as someone stated here before, we use with aerial surveillance and guns for boat people, and ironically, we once were those same boat people.
But I didn't find the irony question that hard. I wrote about how the aboriginals were excited to see the boat people, which obviously is ironic since they were only there to take their land.
Also towards the end the composer said something about he was glad that the boat people came or something - and i said the irony was that people like him gain a sense of belonging in Australia only because the aboriginal's home was taken.

I just wrote some shite like that, but meh.

Last edited:

icola

HSC
But I didn't find the irony question that hard. I wrote about how the aboriginals were excited to see the boat people, which obviously is ironic since they were only there to take their land.
Also towards the end the composer said something about he was glad that the boat people came or something - and i said the irony was that people like him gain a sense of belonging in Australia only because the aboriginal's home was taken.

I just wrote some shite like that, but meh.

I wrote exactly the same thing as you! I thought I did it insanely wrong but it makes sense now yey.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
2 ironies i found:

aboriginal people pointing excitedly at boat people

& the "noble blah blah blah"

i just explained them and their effect.

yibbon

HSC
N/A
2 ironies i found:

aboriginal people pointing excitedly at boat people

& the "noble blah blah blah"

i just explained them and their effect.
That's a pretty good find, I went for the use of a disparate and grieving tone which is ironic because it's what the other perspective would have. After that I kind of lost it and went on about lack of consideration for the peoples sense of belonging to their home..no irony there :(

HSC
That's a pretty good find, I went for the use of a disparate and grieving tone which is ironic because it's what the other perspective would have. After that I kind of lost it and went on about lack of consideration for the peoples sense of belonging to their home..no irony there :(
That's a good one I reckon :uhhuh:

brently

HSC
hahaha the where did the boats come from question was awesome. they sure know how to brighten up a shit boring test.

HSC
I didnt really like modules, for Module B i didnt read ''THREE speeches'' and only realised after i wrote a page, so had to change intro
- wat an idiot
only filled 22 pages

Last edited:
HSC
modules was alright. i remembered what i needed to :D
but three speeches! arghh!!! that annoyed me!!

oh btw how many pages are in a hsc booklet? lol

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I didnt really like modules, for Module B i didnt read ''THREE speeches'' and only realised after i wrote a page, so had to change intro
- wat an idiot
only filled 22 pages
There were 3 speeches? Only module B (Conflicting perspectives) was ta speech right?:S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)