Cssa (1 Viewer)

Satty08

HSC
A Note from the Moderators:
Please keep in mind not to give out the actual questions or a copy of the paper as there are copyright issues, not the mention the fact that some students may do the same paper as you at a different date and it is still within the security period.

For all those late nighters, like myself studying for the CSSA trial exam (English AoS) I would like to wish you all good luck!

Some links that may help

Timetable

http://www.cssa.com.au/Orders/Timetable.pdf

Background information on this exam, Tips and tricks also included

HSC Online

Past papers (For layout and markers responses)

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.a...df_doc/english-standard-advanced-notes-08.pdf

For those doing the crucible

http://community.boredofstudies.org/818/concept-belonging/217523/crucible-belonging-basic-notes.html

Creative writing hints!

http://community.boredofstudies.org/44/english-area-study/82983/creative-writing-hints.html

Related material

http://community.boredofstudies.org...9/suggestions-belonging-related-material.html

These links have helped me and gave me a new perspective on the exam. Study hard and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

kcrocks

HSC
How did everyone find it? I thought it was okay... The unseen texts were okay, except the poem was a little confusing... The creative writing stimulus were varied, so it was easy to adapt a pre-written story or come up with one on the spot.... The essay question was pretty general. I guess it was ok :D

davidsacs

HSC
How did everyone find it? I thought it was okay... The unseen texts were okay, except the poem was a little confusing... The creative writing stimulus were varied, so it was easy to adapt a pre-written story or come up with one on the spot.... The essay question was pretty general. I guess it was ok :D
I hated that poem.... how was it ironic? hahah

kcrocks

HSC
I know :| Hopefully I get 2/3 for that question... The other texts were pretty simple though

driaxx

HSC
rofl. I think i stuffed up that whole poem question! Apparently it was about Indigenous Australians? I didn't even mention that...

Creative writing was okay but I didn't have a pre-written so it probably has expression errors. Essay was probably my best hope i could adapt my whole pre-written one into it.

HSC
They were very nice with broad questions for sections 2 and 3 :)
Section 1 was a little tricky, but hopefully not too bad.
Now for modules :S

tanna

HSC
Was okay :)
How much did everyone write? I wrote 4/6/6 pages. Not sure if it's enough - people used up two booklets!!!

HSC
rofl. I think i stuffed up that whole poem question! Apparently it was about Indigenous Australians? I didn't even mention that...

Creative writing was okay but I didn't have a pre-written so it probably has expression errors. Essay was probably my best hope i could adapt my whole pre-written one into it.
Yeh it was lol

Johngle

HSC
so it was about indigenous australians :) thank god, lol.

what techniques did everyone talk about for the poem?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
yeah i thought it was a pretty good exam.
creative writing and essay were great although that poem killed me....i thought it was about indigenous australians too =/ but wasn't 100% sure so thought better not to write it damn..

goodluck with paper 2 guys! :)

blahblah111

HSC
far out man section was HORRIBLE to say the least there really wasnt much you caould talk about... what were ur ideas?
also the irony in the poetry question!!! WTF????

moke

HSC
man i am so glad ive prepared for module D tomorrow. its the hardest module by far. i heard some people havnt even started. THEY ARE FUCKED!

Johngle

HSC
to me the irony was in the sarcasm in stanzas 3 and 4 - how the boat people feigned ignorance, dismissing the problems the indigenous people faced and instead glorifying themselves. Confusing ;_;

mooo

HSC
man i am so glad ive prepared for module D tomorrow. its the hardest module by far. i heard some people havnt even started. THEY ARE FUCKED!
umm...
whats module D ??

lolrofllol

HSC
Answers for irony question please!

I wrote how he said they were perfect... it was ironic since the Europeans were meant to be the ideal type of people. Representing that the Aboriginal's perspectives on belonging, which involved their land and community (that wasn't in the poem I think) were better than the European view of belonging as ownership?... yeah I focked that up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)