Cssa (1 Viewer)

DannyT

HSC
fuck i just read what you guys wrote for the irony part. i did not mention anything about indigenous australians as i did not know how that would specifically link in to the concept of 'belonging' besides it is a 'belonging' paper. I did not see the relevance in talking about the colonialist notions that were accentuated in this shit poem.

i saw the irony entirely through the lens of belonging stating that these 'boat people' did not initially find a sense of personal belonging due to their perceptions of their own belonging and identity in this strange new environment. This was ironic as the 'Australians' (ppl who were already there-indigenous ay) did not necessarily have an unfavourable view towards them "pointing excitedly blablabla" and they did not have any real barriers in attaining a sense of belonging and forging a true identity. Hence it isn't necessarily one's setting that prevents them from belonging it's one's own perceptions of it.

does my interpretation make sense? (even though it's probably wrong) and I wrote that the boat people were from Vietnam.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fuck i just read what you guys wrote for the irony part. i did not mention anything about indigenous australians as i did not know how that would specifically link in to the concept of 'belonging' besides it is a 'belonging' paper. I did not see the relevance in talking about the colonialist notions that were accentuated in this shit poem.

i saw the irony entirely through the lens of belonging stating that these 'boat people' did not initially find a sense of personal belonging due to their perceptions of their own belonging and identity in this strange new environment. This was ironic as the 'Australians' (ppl who were already there-indigenous ay) did not necessarily have an unfavourable view towards them "pointing excitedly blablabla" and they did not have any real barriers in attaining a sense of belonging and forging a true identity. Hence it isn't necessarily one's setting that prevents them from belonging it's one's own perceptions of it.

does my interpretation make sense? (even though it's probably wrong) and I wrote that the boat people were from Vietnam.
Boat people didn't refer to Vietnamese tho...your interpretation in regards to belonging sounds right but you shouldn't have referred Boat people as vietnamese.

ec23

HSC
Was okay :)
How much did everyone write? I wrote 4/6/6 pages. Not sure if it's enough - people used up two booklets!!!
i wrote 4/3/7 and that seemed to be about the most of everyone i talked to in my year...

lalala xD

HSC
:shy: heyys i'm a new member here, and have no idea what CCSA is? i don't really know what u guys are talking about, it sounds like a specific english test, or something along the line of that?

mind explaining? xD
thanks in advance =)

haha i realise i'm da first 2011HSCer on here, yaayyy! :cool:

The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)