CSSA Trial (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
nook said:
i did soooo crap! for section 2 we did the speeches- the only speech we didn't have time to go thru in class was Noel Pearson so yay! they specified his speech!
i HATE pearson's speech, i didnt study it at all, because it's soooooo boring and soooo long, i banged my head on the table when i saw they specified his. :mad:

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
meh, it was.. somewhat... easy.

The lear question.. it asked how valid is the interpretation/statement or something right?

well, my approach manipulateded it so that other productions must be considered when viewing lear.. saying each production have its own benefits and limitations etc.. so i had lots of stuff to talk about, not just on the daughters (isn't that the whole point of CRITICAL studys anyway? i.e. text can be read/interpreted in different ways).

HAH! bet they didn't see that one coming!!!

p.s. I hoped the teachers liked my 15 pages of "high quality spam" :cool: lol

Hoplite

HSC
Eagles said:
meh, it was.. somewhat... easy.

The lear question.. it asked how valid is the interpretation/statement or something right?

well, my approach manipulateded it so that other productions must be considered when viewing lear.. saying each production have its own benefits and limitations etc.. so i had lots of stuff to talk about, not just on the daughters (isn't that the whole point of CRITICAL studys anyway? i.e. text can be read/interpreted in different ways).

HAH! bet they didn't see that one coming!!!

p.s. I hoped the teachers liked my 15 pages of "high quality spam" :cool: lol
I did something similar after I discussed my understanding of feminine readings regarding the daughters (which was pretty brief). Said something about there being other valid interpretations of the text. Then went on with a couple.

nicksta_40

HSC
i knew my skool was dumb! we only had to do modules A and B cuz we haven't even touched Frontline yet...

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
lol, our school modified the question so that we only needa talk about the two episodes of frontline that we saw.. too easy!

zhongie

HSC
Well, I thought Modules A and C were pretty much expected. I just interpreted 'culture' to mean the different cultural contexts, and then talked about how their individual contexts and prevalent issues, ie. totalitarianism, mass production, envrionmental degradation, globalisation, shaped their way of portraying the tension between humanity and mankind...

Lear, however, was so restrictive! I didn't think in the 40 minutes, I'd be able to talk about other productions that didn't emphasise the daughters, so I just talked about feminist and psycho-analytical readings, and why and how they would emphasise the women in the play, and how this would lead to a new level of meaning being added, exposing another perspective of critically analysing Lear, thus, if there is any new meaning gained, it is not only valid, but essential...

Eh, whatever. I just went on and on. Wrote 8 pages for each Module, but on the exam booklet stuff. So now I've got a really sore hand. Oh well, onwards to Postmodernism.

coroneos

King Lear is fukt.. i forgot the names of the three daughters and I think i said one of em was called Jessica :(

coroneos

yeah no shit lol.. i just realised.

I think that is what i get for fukn mixing vodka with V at 2am.. the morning b4 the test >_<

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
it said in the question on my paper too to use two episodes of frontline.. i think that was what was in the cssa trial =/
The original one just said texts, but my teacher went even further and said only use one Frontline episode

nodfather

Anyone want to share their thoughts on their emma/clueless response? i found it alrite not exaclty wat i had expected but hey....wat can u do. Are the catholic trials generally regarded as a fair and accurate depiction of the trends in BOS interpretation n that?

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
I fucked up in the paper 2. For BR/BNW i wrote 2.5 pages, Lear 1 page, and Telling the truth 2 pages. I didn't fkn get the Lear question and didn't study enough for it. I spent too much time on thinking of what the fkn question was asking.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
lear - 8 pages
frontline - 7 pages
bnw br - 7 pages

sooo happy that they only specified one text type

*phew*

shaai

wuthering heights module b
was so hard and weird
talking about how truth evident in text... what truth???????? i stuffed up so bad.......only wrote 2 pgs..

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I did Lear, Frontline and Chaucer/A Simple Plan.

The Chaucer one was alright, l just used to transformation of production - e.g. poem to film.

Lear l just wrote about the three modes of production and how big and focused the daughters roles were in each. I did the written one, stage one and film one.

Frontline was pretty easy - l just hope l did well.

I did Chaucer/Simple plan - 3 pages
Lear - 2 pages
Frontline - 3 pages

(I have very small writing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)