CSSA Trial (2 Viewers)

Enigmatic Eve

HSC
Completely agree that the Lear question was so stuffed up!!!
Frontline and Emma/Clueless were cool

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I agree with the Lear one as well - I studied mostly Lear, Gloucester and the role of the Foolm - I didn't even study the daughters!

coroneos

but u were allowed 2 disagree with the question and go on to say that it wasnt in fact the daughters that are the most important but Lear himself because.....

it seemed like a pretty weak response tho.. i'll be happy with 11+/20 :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Yes but, l didn't even study the daughters roles at all, so how can l comment on them if l didn't know much about them?

coroneos

u dont need to comment on them... u just direct the question to what u want lol.. who cares anyway lol.. eng is bs.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
coroneos said:
u dont need to comment on them... u just direct the question to what u want lol.. who cares anyway lol.. eng is bs.
lol, too true!

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
King Lear was a bit weird eh... my teacher was full chasing me into the exam going read the rubric!! so there was one about a 'valid interpretation' and 'reception in different contexts' or something... so i spoke about how the parramatta riverside production (family drama) focussed on his daughters and traditional values such as the big wheel of fortune they had on stage and the chain of being.... then said that traditional values do not resonate with a contemporary audience as much as focussing on lear's downfall instead of his daughters rivalry, such as the Harlos production at Bondi pavilion did... the Kabuki/eastern theatre with that was heaps interesting!! and would definitely appeal more to a modern audience, and so that (humanist) interpretation/production was more valid coz his daughters are bitches and no one really cares about them... not even edmund...
i wrote 7 for that, 7 for transformations and 8 for frontline, but i seriously thought the frontline paper was hardest coz my teacher said we have to talk about 3 episodes and 2 related texts (like all in depth) and i did that one first and it was soooo rushed, i spoke about everything in depth until smaller fish to fry got left til last and i did about a quarter of a page... poor little fish...

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
yea we did the CSSA english papers on the 2nd and 4th/aug, but weren't allowed to take out the question papers... but im sure someone statewide snuck it out :)

kheir

HSC
i haaaaaaate eng so much if it were in the form of a person i would have stabbed it so many times cssa writers bware

za

HSC
calm down mate.
its not the end of the world.
life goes on.
i should urge u to see a psychologist.
i think u need to sort out ur problems. :)

kheir

HSC
shutup za easy for you to say 2nd rank n all

duck

HSC
N/A
So did anyone end up getting a hold of the paper?

Or at least remember what the questions were?

duck

HSC
N/A
I had the paper today, I totally forgot everything. I only remembered these questions though.

Mod. A - <question> Do you agree?
Mod B - essay - How does Harwood turn personal experiences into meaning (or something like that)
Mod C - [requires orm] Write a speech on...

I didn't like the exam at all, probably because I forgot most of it. The questions were open ended, and there are no set texts.

sorry

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i got the paper with me, coz we got it back,all sections markedof course(i got 93/105- fukn truth speech screwd me up), tell me wot qs u need and ill type it up, unfortunatly i dont have a scanner

Last edited:

aditya

HSC
k type up the non stimulus for paper1

and type up frontline
harwood
and emma!!!

please

thanks mate

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
telling the truth:
You are the keynote speaker at a conference on Telling the Truth. Your speech is titled "Everyone tells his or her own truth"
Write the text of ur speech- use frontline and texts of ur own choosing

critical study: poetry (harwood)
How have the prescribed poems you have studied made public what is primarily personal experience...refer in detail to at least TWO set poems

module a:comparitive study (emma)
"Changing the form of one text into a different form provides rich insights"
Do u agree?
use emma and clueless

um i dont know wot u mean by non stimulus, jus tell me if u want section 2 or 3 of paper one, ill type up l8a...and wot journey do u do+which text

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)