CSSA SDD exam !! Post Your Thoughts Here :) (1 Viewer)

Foong

If you guys want some free marks, there are four questions that did not have any right answers or the question they asked made it impossible to answer, so they should be omitted. You'd think that the CSSA would make better questions. First were the two train questions.
The pseudocode went like :
BEGIN
While train is not approaching
If .......
END IF
END WHILE
END

Question: what will happen when train is approaching?
Answer: NONE of the answers they had there. How the hell should I know wat will happen? They didn't say wat will happen if the train is approaching...If you put this in a programming language and run it the program would start and end. What rubbish this question was.

Question: (also referring to the train). What happen is lights(1) and lights(2) goes red? (i think this is wat it said)
Answer: NONE of the answers they gave. How the hell should I know? Was the train approaching or not? This question and the one above was poorly made.

Question: It was the EBNF question and asking you which of the answers was correct referring to the EBNF definition of a statement.
Answer: NONE of the answers given. If you look carefully it hase [variable] at the end of the definition, which will make the correct answer and all the other choiices wrong.

I forgot what was the other question. I left my paper at school. I will post the other one on monday.

There was also another multiple choice question which had two answers. It was the implementation question. Pilot or phased could be used depending on the situation.

BTW, if you want to know my marks.....:
multiple choice: 13/16 because of the questions that were crap. I made careless mistakes. Damn

Question 21: 10/20
Question 22: 9/20 didn't get to finish both 21&22
Question 23: 16/20
Option topic: I did hardware:17/20
Total: 65/96
Percentage: about 68% I think.
Comments: Could've done way better if not for me not finishing questions 21 and 22 because I wrote too much for the other sections

Last edited:

Foong

Oh yeah I remember the other question...... it was about the guy who was not computer literate but wanted to develope a prgram for his business...which developement apporach should you choose?
answer: NONE! The guy IS NOT computer literate. HE can't even use a computer and he's making a computer program? WOW! Thats amazing. Nice one CSSA

Kn1ght_M4r3

lmfao, i agree with u on the train one foong thats wat i was on about. BUT i say but i think they made a mistake puttin the lights. i think it should of been placed after ENDWHILE, then that would mean thats wat would happen if the train was approaching, but yeah i agree with u totally, im not sure about the computer literate one though lol. Wouldn't he use something like end user? coz u don't need to be very computer literate to use that approach?

i'll be sure to bring these questions up in class tomollow, thanx f0ong i was gonna bring it up but dunno if im write about the light being placed after the endwhile. so yeah ehhehe once again thanx champ.

Kn1ght_M4r3

The end user approach to software development is when the end user develops their own software solution by modifying standard "off the shelf" software packages to meet their needs.

Key features of end user:
low budget
less time consuming
long life span
no experience in programming required.

advantages of using end user to develop software :

1. The end user needs no programming knowledge what so ever as he/she is only customising an existing version of software to suit their needs. They only require knowledge in the software that they are using to customise.

2. end user doesnt need to plan steps taken such as the structured approach. End user doesnt need to document anything as the program is created for their own personal use.

But when thinking about these questions don't think too much in detail if u know wat i mean. I used to think they way u did and i would of clearly thought the exact same thing til my teacher told me not to think like that.
DOn't think coz his not computer literate that his just like full dumbass noes not how to turn on comp. Just think like he needs no programming exp so end user. :D

But feel free to continue arguing ur point if u wish. It's the only way we will learn. heeheheh
Cheerz*

JRasnier

so there was nothing after the END WHILE statement, i thought i remember there being one, and i beleive there was a correct answer for the light one and was able to be figured out, those two question i reckon were the band 5/6 questions for certain

Kn1ght_M4r3

Here is the pseudocode for that train question.

BEGIN
WHILE train is not approaching
IF lights(2) = red THEN
Turn lights(2) = green 30 secs after lights(1) turned green
ELSEIF light(2) = green THEN
IF 1 or more cars are waiting at lights(3) THEN
Wait 15 seconds
Change lights(1) to red
Stay green for 45 secs
ELSEIF light(1) = green THEN
IF 1 or more cars are waiting at lights (4) THEN
Wait 10 secs
Lights(3) = red
Lights(4) = green for 40 secs
EndIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
Lights(2) =red
ENDWHILE
END

13. What happens when a train is approaching?
a - all lights go red
b - light(1) = red for 45 secs
c - light(4) = red for 10 secs
d - light(2)=red *correct answer*

I believe it should be like this:

BEGIN
WHILE train is not approaching
IF lights(2) = red THEN
Turn lights(2) = green 30 secs after lights(1) turned green
ELSEIF light(2) = green THEN
IF 1 or more cars are waiting at lights(3) THEN
Wait 15 seconds
Change lights(1) to red
Stay green for 45 secs
ELSEIF light(1) = green THEN
IF 1 or more cars are waiting at lights (4) THEN
Wait 10 secs
Lights(3) = red
Lights(4) = green for 4o secs
EndIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDWHILE
Lights(2) =red
END

Because its a pretest loop and if train is approaching according to code 1 wtf is the answer?? I piCked D in the exam and got it rite anyway lol, i just thought maybe there was a glitch so i put the lights(2)=red underneath the Endwhile and used that as my answer and go it correct.

Foong

Originally posted by JRasnier
so there was nothing after the END WHILE statement, i thought i remember there being one, and i beleive there was a correct answer for the light one and was able to be figured out, those two question i reckon were the band 5/6 questions for certain
Nope they were'nt. The stupid thing was my teacher showed me the marking criteria and one of the band 5/6 question was the one about binary search. Ridiculous.
My physics teacher also found at least 5 wrong questions in the exam, and he wrote the Physics Context textbook. Will post those details in physics section when i get the results.

About the question about Bob, the question should say that "he has no programming experience" not "he is not computer literate", as they mean completely different things. But Kn1ght_M4r3 your answer is closest, nice work :)

Kn1ght_M4r3

hehehe fanx foong. =0)
we all gotta help each other out as i see it, you guys have helped me in the programming side of things so i think i should help where i can in theory. =0)

btw i just received the marking criteria for sdd so if u want ill try scan em and put em up

Maddogg

Originally posted by Rahul
i reallly would have liked another 10 minutes to do the multiple choice and probably 10 more to do the option. i wrote way too much:D. for the first part of q21, i wrote exactly 1 page, 1.5 hsc pages easily...for only 3 marks!! maybe coz i didnt know the specific info to include, so i included everything. lol. i found out that i repeated some of it in the following parts.
I RAN OUT OF TIME 2 I SPENT SOOO MUCH TIME ON QUESTION 21 :(

Comedy_Al

Originally posted by Maddogg
I RAN OUT OF TIME 2 I SPENT SOOO MUCH TIME ON QUESTION 21 :(
Oh yeh... It helps if you do the multiple choice last, that way if you run out of time you can just go through and like put C for everything and get about 25% right... better than missing a 6 marker.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Comedy_Al
Oh yeh... It helps if you do the multiple choice last, that way if you run out of time you can just go through and like put C for everything and get about 25% right... better than missing a 6 marker.
that's got to be the funniest

there's 15 MC questions

if u got them all right it wil compensat for the 6 marker

remember everything accumulates

wat happens if u got the 6 marker wrong

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I always do the multiple choice last.

Simply becuase i get better marks from guessing than trying to pick a logical answer :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)