CSSA SDD exam !! Post Your Thoughts Here :) (1 Viewer)

B.Rabbit

Banned
Firstly 1. what did you all think of it ??

2. What would you change about your study if you could have it over again? What would you do different and study more ?

3. What do yas think was the hardest part of the exam..what questions ?

Personally I found it quite difficult and I didn't know algorithms good enough :( I really struggled...

Howbout you guys n girls?

Pirri

I struggled it was pretty hard that 6 mark question wit da basketball players was a killer i just pulled out some bullshit and hopefully ill get a 3 or 4 but i struggled i missed out on a few questions bout 7 marks but i wuda finished altho i needed to go 2 da toilet half way thru again i think it was 2 much powerade and red bulls b4 da exam lol another 10 minutes wuda been good

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
i REALLY struggled ... that exam was hard ..

i had to guess some of the multiple choice questions even .. (the red light algorithm), had no clue with that, the insertion sort, and the 2d Array (i had no clue ? ) i couldn't figure out the pattern.

and the algorithms in the main sections where just too hard ... i had to bullcrap all the way .. dont think i'll go too good

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
I also found it pretty hard.. (multiple choice, some of Q21 and 23).
I also didn't have time to finish some of the option topic (hardware, the mouse data thing).

The 2d array in the mc was pretty simple..
Say it had Numbers [1,2].. look up the number in that box of the array (remember base 0 arrays include 0). Which was 12.
It asked to check Numbers[ [Numbers[x,y], Numbers[a,b]] + Numbers[ [Numbers[c,d], Numbers[e,f]] ` I forgot the actual numbers they used.

Then check up what's at [x,y].. say, 1
At [a,b] say, 2.
Check up 1,2 (40, i *think*)
Do the same for [c,d] and [e,f], I think it also was 40..

For that question I got the answer 80.

Pirri

oh yeh i screwed dat 2d array question i remember now i knew it started at 0 altho i just forgot to treat them as coordinates and instead i multiplied em and in the end i just took a stab i sed c hopefully 80 was c but i rememba now it was cos we did it ages ago and even when i looked ova it i thought u had 2 multiply em oh well at least ill get it rite in my HSC

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sneaky pete
I also found it pretty hard.. (multiple choice, some of Q21 and 23).
I also didn't have time to finish some of the option topic (hardware, the mouse data thing).

The 2d array in the mc was pretty simple..
Say it had Numbers [1,2].. look up the number in that box of the array (remember base 0 arrays include 0). Which was 12.
It asked to check Numbers[ [Numbers[x,y], Numbers[a,b]] + Numbers[ [Numbers[c,d], Numbers[e,f]] ` I forgot the actual numbers they used.

Then check up what's at [x,y].. say, 1
At [a,b] say, 2.
Check up 1,2 (40, i *think*)
Do the same for [c,d] and [e,f], I think it also was 40..

For that question I got the answer 80.

yeah ur rie... its 80

i got that too

u gotta take not its 2D 2 dimensional

so it goes horizontal and verticall

so two co-ordinates

just like (x,y)

and general SDD works

we worked with arrays starting at '1'

but this one stated "zero"

so if u mark probably on the top

0,1,2,3,4,5,6... etc

and on the side

u just need to go to the rite co-ordiantes its like playing battle ships

then u follow their pattern and formulate two sets of co-ordinates and they were both (1,2)

so each was 40

so added up was 80

but fark becoz we havent started out option topic
we had replacement questions boy were they hard, and that basketball and airline crap was soooo gay!!!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Pirri
oh yeh i screwed dat 2d array question i remember now i knew it started at 0 altho i just forgot to treat them as coordinates and instead i multiplied em and in the end i just took a stab i sed c hopefully 80 was c but i rememba now it was cos we did it ages ago and even when i looked ova it i thought u had 2 multiply em oh well at least ill get it rite in my HSC

heh that was my guess at first b4 i had time and went back to re-look at the ques

its all the brackets and commans that make it a little confusing

but yea

c is wrong

its 26 for c

and that aint the answer

Kn1ght_M4r3

1. It was pretty easy compared to some of the other exams i've done but its questions require u to read sooooo much its like come on i just wanna do the F*cken question and get outta here.

2. I would start revising small sections [not alot on the prelim! ] and constantly try and practice doing algorithms more, im in the VB mode. was writing VB'sh lol. DIM this as ..... LOl

3. hMm that
- array of records stuffed me up! I know the answer is 80 but. lol my friend told me its something to do with the commas or something, Can one of the other guys show us? [ the smart ones heehh ]

- The basketball subroutine one had me stumped. i could do the rewrite the flowchart, Piece of Cake. n0t the sub routine. :mad: :mad:

-The train, i just guessed. Was there something wrong with the first algo? like if there is train coming wat happens??

i saw the while train is not coming ......
isnt it supposed to be
EndWhile
redlight wateva

not

endif
redlight wateva
EndWhile

Winston

HSC
guys i fink we should halt the questons\

sum ppl havent done it yet

so stuff that

no more giving away...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
who cares :)

if they get good marks it will boost the way sdd is scaled :) which is a good thing

but im pretty sure most if not all schools have already done it

B.Rabbit

Banned
Na with CSSA trials everyone has to do them at the same time..or else you just get an average based off assesments, classmarks and classwork etc..

This is actually helpful though thanks for whoever posted already anyway.

I think it sorta sux how alot of it is just too general though and no matter how much I studied some stuff I just couldn't answer :(

I got a memory blank on implementation techniques :(

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by B.Rabbit
Na with CSSA trials everyone has to do them at the same time..or else you just get an average based off assesments, classmarks and classwork etc..

This is actually helpful though thanks for whoever posted already anyway.

I think it sorta sux how alot of it is just too general though and no matter how much I studied some stuff I just couldn't answer :(

I got a memory blank on implementation techniques :(

actuallly

for clashes

then sum ppl dont do it

they do it the preceeding day

so yea

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by B.Rabbit
Yeah thanks guys this is great any more solutions/answers etc.
Some q's r just killing me....This is helping me to thx :)

Have a question in mind that your not sure of the answer too? feel free to ask here..

As for clashes.. only clash is with drama, which is an afternoon session 1.5 hour exam, I doubt many people do both Drama and SDD, let alone do Drama, SDD, and frequent these boards.
If there was a clash thou, wouldn't they just bring drama forward an little and drop software back a little..

Rahul

Dead Member
at my school, the people who are *sick*, most probably do them at another time....there were a couple who didnt do it in my class today.

the test wasnt very hard, esp q 21, 22, 23. i am hoping for close to 50+ out of 60 for that section. i wrote like 11 pages(not HSC booklets) for that, so yeh....

i got the 2d array one. some of the mc q's were hard!! i did them in the last 10 mins...and the hardware option in the 20 mins before that. i guessed about 10 marks for the option. i only got the 37 5/8 question, truth table and division of binaries, so yeh lost about 10 marks there.

needed more time....:chainsaw:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul

needed more time....:chainsaw:
I think thats the main problem people have with software...

I think cause of all the algorithims... they take a bit of time to think logically

Kn1ght_M4r3

yOU got that rite beaky :D
Man those blardy algorithmz. arggh man i dunno if its just meeh but its like my school has not gone through any algorithm work wats0ever this year. well since i changed teacher this is my 4th one. :chainsaw:

though i learnt the linear search thingy hehehe i wrote the pseud0code for the linear search just to show wat i was on about, hope that gives me more marks and takes it off the other blokes lol * im evil i know * :D

ahh welpz we can't change the past now aye we can only learn from our mistakes, our stoopid mistakes. :teacher:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)