CSSA SDD exam !! Post Your Thoughts Here :) (1 Viewer)

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Beaky
I think thats the main problem people have with software...

I think cause of all the algorithims... they take a bit of time to think logically

Yeah I agree.. I must have spent at _least_ 10-15+ minutes reading that flowchart about the Appointment algorithm (TopPos, BottomPos, NewDate, etc.. before I could grasp a decent understanding of whats its trying to do and the way it was doing it..

+ another good 15 minutes answering the (2) questions. :S

Rahul

Dead Member
i reallly would have liked another 10 minutes to do the multiple choice and probably 10 more to do the option. i wrote way too much:D. for the first part of q21, i wrote exactly 1 page, 1.5 hsc pages easily...for only 3 marks!! maybe coz i didnt know the specific info to include, so i included everything. lol. i found out that i repeated some of it in the following parts.

rushworld

HSC
I'm still trying to work out what part of it was actually about Software Design & Development :p It was like a 3rd english exam.
How are we meant to know what data would be needed in a travel agency?! All it was writing, more writing and more writing... I didn't study correctly for this exam, I was thinking of a more "What is alpha testing?" type questions :p

Oh well... overall I think I did pretty well, I know a bummed out on a couple of questions; but it was pretty good.

Kn1ght_M4r3

the travel agency one i think it was things like the times and stuff the names of destinations and etc ... so string of characters and that.

alpha testing is also known as acceptance testing, and its the client who uses the system in a controlled environment and checks to see if it meets their initial requirements. I think the software developer is there with them, whereas beta its given to people who might want to use the program but they use it in their own site or wateva.
some sh*t like that lol im so0 lost my minds lost after that physics exam bleh. :mad1:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i heard that a lot of the exam crossed over with IPT, so some of the girls in my class:)p) did really well in section 2, I was just stuck on the last question about the booking, i only wrote abt 3 lines for that questions:confused:

Last edited:

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by rushworld
I'm still trying to work out what part of it was actually about Software Design & Development :p It was like a 3rd english exam.
4th for me;)

especially with the Wild Tours question...

Originally posted by Chand
i heard that a lot of the exam crossed over with IPT, so some of the girls did really well in section 2,
that was probably my best section.
*checks*
and i'm a guy ;)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah we have got our exam back... its the CSSA one...

umm yeah... i did crap but who cares... i have 8 weeks to rectify!!

Section 1: 17/20
Question 21: 17/20
Question 22: Will edit when get back
Question 23: Will edit when get back
Question 24: Will edit when get back

Overall: 67%... scabbing marks... i think that is VERY crap... when u guys get your marks tell us...

Last edited:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
lol the train question was a bitch in the multiple choice... everyone whinged reckonging it was wrong... can anyone prove it???

I guessed it right :D

Kn1ght_M4r3

lol, the train one i dunno ill have to check but i guessed it as well. it was wat i came back to at the end, was like ill just guess it lol, we didnt get our exams back totally i only saw it coz i was there to hand in my MAj0r. hehehehe

we should g0 through it together, step by step wen more people get their exams back

JRasnier

what was the answer? i found it pretty simple that question but thats most probably because i dont know if im right...

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
MC#13 was D and MC#14 was C.
I don't have the slightest idea how to go about getting the answers thou. :S

Kn1ght_M4r3

:drink:

LoL, anyone kn0w h0w to get the answer. Getting it right is fantastic, but knowing how u got the answer is different lol. HmMm i get my exam back tomollow, so hopefully i can get worked solutions or something. if i do ill put em up

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I just realised we didnt do exactly the same test... :chainsaw:

Our teacher made it extra hard... taking out question 23 and putting another one with two more algorithims... although i did alright in that section... i reckon that was the hardest section

JRasnier

i think now im even more certain i got it right, just gotta get the paper back to make sure..

JRasnier

i done it because the statement near the start says if there is NO trains approaching then...
then it went on with IF statement, which even had IF statements within IF statement but none had anything to do with if a train was approaching but the very second last row was outside all those IF statements since a train was approaching it would of passed the first IF statement meaning it would simply got to the second last line, (its hard to explain without even having the paper back yet) but i remember how i done it,...

Kn1ght_M4r3

JRasnier i know what ur saying buddy, coz the statement was While Train is approaching then all the iF statements and then at the end there was a another line about some light. :D

Only thing that i thought they did wrong was where they placed that line of code, i believed it should of been after the EndWhile, because you can't do that within the While Train is approachin. So yeah i didn't really know if it was a typing error or was it just maybe im terrible with pseudocode lol. But i believe still that the line Jrasnier is talking about should be after EndWhile. Because that would mean that the train is not approaching anymore. Tricky question if it was. But i will see if im right then ill try argue my point against the teacher heeheh. got nothing to lose :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)