Cricket World Cup 03 (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by AcCeSs-DeNieD
yeah... about time India got smart enough to move Tendulkar back to his opening position.... after all his best innings have always come from him opening.... I guess they didn't want to have Sehwag and Tendulkar to get out cheaply .... but goddamn those 2 opening is as dangerous if not more dangerous than Gilchrist/Hayden at the top of the order.... AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LEFT OUT LAXMAN!

Still at this point IMO .... Australia are top favourites... followed by Sri Lanka, South Africa, New Zealand and India....
I was wondering wat happeend the ol' V.V.S
why they drop him? or is he only a test player?

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by MinAi

I was wondering wat happeend the ol' V.V.S
why they drop him? or is he only a test player?
they dropped vvs cos they reckon he's too slow for ODIs .... but i guess they made a big mistake, he's one of the few indian players who can bat well against fast bowlers on bouncy pitches as in south african pitches

Rahul

Dead Member
india is back......playing really good. i dont care if they win the world cup now or not.,.....they beat the PAKIS......any pakis here btw.:p

tendulkar is batting so good. unstoppable. if it wasnt for the injury....he was lookin for a huge score.

they r right back into contention.

pool b is interestin......go the kenyans!!!! who would have thought....good on em.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
gotta feel sorry for south africa, losing in those circumstances. but then again im happy because it means my team new zealand are through!

SoFTuaRiaL

semis

whom do u guys think wil make it to the semis??

this is what i have in mind : kenya arent gonnah beat any of aus, ind or zim. so they remain on 10 pts n r out. zim can beat only one of the 3 they play n that is kenya. so they end up with just 7.5 pts, and get kicked out !!
among the rest : aus end up on top, india on second, sri lanka on third and nz 4th.
so .........
semis :: aus vs nz ind vs sl

lets see if i'm right .......
ps : i am hereby declaring that my predictions are just a guess and i am in no way involved in match-fixing.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
that sounds pretty decent to me. look for tendulker to shine in the super 6 i reckon.

Rahul

Dead Member
semis:

aus v kenya

ind v sri lanka(or maybe ind v nz)

final:

ind v aus

after party:

?????.......most probably aus, but wouldnt put it out of the reach of the indians

lol @ gilchrist 99:D :D

SoFTuaRiaL

how inconsistent can the indian top order get ?!?! they hammer away at pakistan n struggle against KENYA ??
omg !!!

Rahul

Dead Member
they are either hot or not!

when they r hot it is good to watch......they'll be back for the bigger games tho, they went thru a little phase lyk this at the start of the tournament

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Rahul
they are either hot or not!

when they r hot it is good to watch......they'll be back for the bigger games tho, they went thru a little phase lyk this at the start of the tournament
i sure hope ure right bout that buddy, if not i'm gonna start backing KENYA !!
GOOOOOOO KENYA !!

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by utopian731

Just like anyone else is....there's nothing special about them
now dont tell me watching tendulkar against the pakis was the same as gilchrist against sri lanka.....they got the same scores, but there was a big difference

utopian731

Eudaimonian
I just thought about that after I posted. TEndulkar is a solid player....a freak....but thats about it. The Indian team, as far as I'm concerned, relaly hasnt got anything else all too special to offer.

I mean, come on, Dravid???? I rekon it's better off not getting the guy out, all he does is use up deliveries without scoring

Rahul

Dead Member
dravid is a good player he's avg sumthing lyk 50 in the world cup and has played 2 match winnign knocks already.....altho his strike rate isnt great it isnt too bad either.

india is pretty much a batting team....restrict the opposition to a realistic total and they can chase it.

tendulkar- 97 against Sri lanka:mad1:.....another century goes begging....jus stats i spose

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm unlucky tendulker again, but he did the job. man that indian middle order needs a shake up. bring in someone solid like laxman to replace yuvraj singh.

anyway whats all your thoughts on tomorrow night kiwis vs aussies. go the kiwis, should be a good one. wouldnt mind seeing cairns hit a few off mcgrath.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by copious
hmm unlucky tendulker again, but he did the job. man that indian middle order needs a shake up. bring in someone solid like laxman to replace yuvraj singh.

u crazy mate? laxman for yuvraj ?!?! buddy, yuvraj scored 2 very imp 50s for india which i'm sure laxman couldnt have . against pak n kenya ..... both when india were not doin too well ....... well, mayB not so much against pak . but hey, anyday, yuvraj is heaps better than laxman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)